I Had Help , I want to Thank Someone

Jim Baxter

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I acquired a Hightower inlay machine a while back , and was missing 2 important parts . $400, to $500. worth of parts . I started a thread in the proper section of this forum asking for used parts at a desent price . The next day I got a PM from Todd at tsp&b here on AZ . I had a anonimus benefactor , Todd was shipping me the parts I needed , paid for by , who I do not know . I have been very busy in the shop , and everything else I have to do , now that my wife has lost 90% of her mobility . I finally got a old cue out of the trash barrel , and put some inlays in it . They are far from perfect , these are the 1st , but not the last and they will get better . I don't know who or why this person chose to help me , but I want them to know , I really do appreciate it . This cue came out good enough , I am donating it to my league , there are some people that could use a good shooter , and are out of work , just good people in need of a decent cue . I'll have it cleaned up and ready to give it to the league at the yr. end banquit . Dyed cork handle was a expieriment . Again , Thank to the one that helped me . Jim







 
I think both the act of kindness and your first success with inlays are beautiful.
I agree with Bishop about the dyed cork handle, very fresh and nice.

I am also happy to see that you are sharing your good fortune.
I shoot pool with people like you (that's a compliment)

Regards,

Lesh
 
You are a great man, Jim. I wish it was me that helped you, it was very cool. Nice cue also. If that runs on G-code, I can make programs for you though.:thumbup:
 
What a great story.

Thanks, to whoever did the good deed for Jim, I love to see us taking care of us.

Jim is a good man, how great is it that we get to witness the kindness with which he conducts his life?
 
There are good people out there. Glad this happened to you and hope life continues to get better. :smile:
 
I have a great story about good people along these same lines. When the Boston Marathon was bombed, someone said the world is full of bad people. Someone said there are more good ones than bad ones, watch the footage. He said what do you mean. The guy said more people were running to help than running away. We are good people on here.
 
Back
Top