I like the way Shawn is playing.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I have known Shawn for so many years and he has always been a great player. But he was always missing a little beat that kept him from being at the top.

Win or lose in the finals. (it's 7:4 against him as I type this) he is showing a game that I haven't seen from him before this event. Calm and confident with a lot of heart. Even in the face of Appleton's near perfect play Shawn gets up and plays the right way when he gets a shot.

I hope that this means Shawn has reached another level and can sustain it to go on to become the elite player on the world stage that many of us always believed he could be.

Lastly, I really think he should be proud of playing with a cue that he made. He is not only a great player but he is also a very good cue maker.

Win or lose I am very proud of you Shawn.
 
It's very very rare I post my opinion here but I agree that Shawn played a great game no matter whether he was down 6-0 or 7-0 at one point.

A few times, Wych and DiLiberto were commenting on how long he was taking on certain shots etc but regardless, in my eyes Putnam never gave up, showed heart and played his game, in addition after much careful thought in some of those situations, the outcome came in his favor!

Congratulations to Shawn and also to Appleton on his back to back win! Wow! He plays solid and strong! :thumbup:
 
Definitely well deserved, one of the most underrated players we have. Real happy he's getting on the Team, I felt he got screwed last yr or the yr before as the rules or requirements kinda changed after he set out to earn enough points throughout the year. Gr8 job Shawn, congrats!
 
Yes congrats to Shawn, I hope he has turned a corner and we continue to see this level of performance from him in the future.

I am wondering if his affiliation with JA has been the cause in the boost of his game.
 
I've only seen him play a few times, but he's reminds me of a combination of Swanee and Roger Griffis all in One.
 
I've only seen him play a few times, but he's reminds me of a combination of Swanee and Roger Griffis all in One.
I like the way his cue comes in slow on his final stroke....
...bit of Swanee....bit of the Miz....bit of Buddy Hall.

..seen lots of players practice like that...but Shawn is doing it under fire.
 
The Love Sponge (eww) has been a real solid player for many years. Great to see him have a great Major.

Sucks losing no matter haow you look at it- and some ways are worse than others- but nobody can argue that 2nd isn't great.
 
Congrats Shawn

Here, here! Very well-played tournament. Terrific demeanor and display of sportsmanship.
 
Why Roger Griffis?
Shawn is enjoyable to watch. Plays the percentages for sure.

Size and raw pocketing ability, as far as Rocket Rogers smile, don't think when its in FULL :) it can get any larger, that's all, just positive comments....& I've always felt, Roger would be perfect for the typecast if ever a movie was made of Minnesota Fats.
 
Back
Top