I Need Help In A Hurry!!!

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think they are very cool. Brings back memories of burned laminate lol.

I can't believe anyone would encourage players to smoke near the table lol!

Why don't you put them on and find out how much of a distraction they are? If you feel like your palm is falling into the Mariana trench, then put the solid covers on.

Ih82luz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They look good, and the decision is yours. Either way, great looking pool room and table.

One option I saw in a local pool hall for an ashtray and drink holder was, a simple piece of wood (1x12) and it had 5 holes cut into it. They were 4 circle at the corners for drinks, and a large circle in the middle for an ashtray. Each hole had a metal U bracket that would prevent the bottle or ashtray from falling through, and the whole apparatus was secured to the wall with L brackets.

It wasn't fancy at all, but the concept was simple and useful. It kept the drinks and the smokes away from the table, but still allowed their use in the room.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played a lot on tables with them.

Liked the way they looked, hated how they affected an otherwise consistent surface.

Ditch em!

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
tough call!

I have to admit I like the looks of the ashtray corners a lot. Ultimately I don't think you will be happy with them though. Only solution is to resist temptation, ship them to me! Not sure what I will do with them, something cool that doesn't involve them being on a pool table. Seems like they would make really cool looking feet for the right piece of furniture in the pool room.

Hu

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your room and table look great. Why bother? They are cool, but owners in the day did not want guys smoking over the tables or cigarettes set on the table. Of course this somewhat addresses this issue. I would to use them right now. Keep then and give it allot of thought and consideration.
all the best,
Phil

Igetthecash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would use them. They will look great ,But if you decide not to ,you can send them to me and i will use them.lol

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can only speak for my self, of course, and I H A T E the look of this.
Talk about ghetto.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
install them and play like they did in Willie's day. Your room is otherwise too cool not to have them. Get some of the candy cigarettes for people who want to have that old time feeling.

and yes, great for chalk as well.

ga9ball

South West Buyer!
Silver Member
Gold Crown

Great table, and tough pockets to keep you in check!
I had the pleasure of hitting a few balls with Brian at his lovely home!
Thanks again.

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
I think they add a nice touch to the table visually, but not so much functionally. I've played on those kinds of pockets before and I found it to be quite distracting.
It would be a waste to just ditch them though, so I would probably try to find a way to incorporate them into another part of the room, like as part of a chair or bar counter or something.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I have seriously thought about buying a GCI just to use these castings.

A classic vintage you shouldn't pass on, for sure.

Let me know if you need help breaking in the new cloth. :)

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
They were cool for the time... but I do remember them getting in the way. Its an unnecessary hindrance for sure.

JV

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Don't do it, Brian!!!!
I've played with the ashtrays on Gold Crowns and Anniversaries,

I've always felt that the designer who thought that ashtrays, raised nameplates, and
score counters were a good idea....:angry:..... Needs the last six off a banger.

No ashtrays, imo....
JoeyA

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
And who was doing the work on the table...? :p

Seeing as the guy who had previously done so, twice, is banned here lately, I am wondering what he is up to and how he is doing....

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Brian, did you have Gold Crown 4 pockets installed on your GC 1?
Those pockets look pretty flush.