I-phone app for straight pool

doccidoc

Registered
Hi everybody,
i am writing an iphone straight pool application. this is the basic version and i am going to add important features each weekend...
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/billard-counter/id400932071?mt=8
"Billard Counter"
Some bugs are already fixed but the new version is released after christmas...
* 1. foul gives -1...
* no 15 balls rack...
* it doesn´t continue on draw
* inning 12 of player 2 is not shown so don´t repeat pressing the button, because
* there is no undo button

as i said, these bugs are already fixed but not in this version. hope you like it anyways...
upcomming features:
* shotclock (already done in new version)
* statistics (january)

have fun

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
How about attaching the little table that tells where the cue ball and last object ball go depending on whether they are "in the rack" or "in the kitchen". You know, that little table in all the rule books. Even if you know them by heart, you must occasionally try to convince your opponent who may be a bit less knowledgeable.

Hopefully an Android version will also be available.

LightsOut

Jason
Silver Member
I have been using this one Billiards Buddy and it has met all of my needs playing 14.1 where there are no score counters or beads (like my dad's house - used it today in fact).

It would be better on an iPad so we both could see the score more easily but this works fine if you have no other options.

Last edited:

doccidoc

Registered
just want to let you know that the app Billard Counter is now out with version 1.5!
it has several new features like shot-clock, game stats like time on table or average points per inning or hight run... a new user interface.. hope you like it more now :p
i attached some images

have fun,
maxi

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2011-01-11 um 20.14.20.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2011-01-11 um 20.14.20.png
    52.6 KB · Views: 286
  • Bildschirmfoto 2011-01-11 um 20.15.38.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2011-01-11 um 20.15.38.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 287
  • Bildschirmfoto 2011-01-11 um 20.14.37.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2011-01-11 um 20.14.37.png
    72.1 KB · Views: 293

CarlB

Formerly AfghanBilliards
Silver Member
I am far from a perfectionist...but shouldn't it read, "You shook the iPhone..."

Great looking App...when I get my Iphone, I will download it and give it a shot.

Thanks.

Carl

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
just want to let you know that the app Billard Counter is now out with version 1.5!
it has several new features like shot-clock, game stats like time on table or average points per inning or hight run... a new user interface.. hope you like it more now :p
i attached some images

have fun,
maxi

Just downloaded the app to my iPhone. I look forward to trying it out.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
i attached some images

have fun,
maxi

that looks really good... i will download it and try it out tonight when i get home.

thanks
-Steve

Wink

14.1 Wannabe
Silver Member
i recently tried the computer score keeper that was posted here in the forums, it worked well. the only isssue in my eyes was the foul counter.

Thanks
-Steve

Hey Steve, what computer Score Keeper?

Has anyone built something nice in Excel or something?

Wink

14.1 Wannabe
Silver Member
I just checked out the last two 14.1 apps that were mentioned. BOTH of them require iOS 4. I have an older iPhone which will not run iOS4, and suggestions for apps that run on 3.3?

I know, I need to upgrade, but waiting for iPhone 5 to do that this summer.

MamboFats

Hi all,

I wrote my Straight Pool Counter in Excel VBA ( version 2007 and younger )

It has inningcounter, foul, miss and safety counter, time registration per player, shot time and top-5 high breaks per player.

you can download it here :
http://forum.poolbe.net/index.php/topic,1875.0.html

This means you have to take your netbook, notebook, laptop, ... to your poolroom. I enjoyed making it and use it regularly. it's just fun.

Grtz from Belgium

Alain

poolmouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting suggestion. I will consider this. Any feedback appreciated !

Ping me if you need help testing...also retina support might be a good idea

(on good advice from forum members...a little too much info, deleted..I'll PM you)

Poolmouse

Last edited:

doccidoc

Registered
Hey guys my app "billard scorer" for the iphone has now some great features and it is 50% off!! It saves a lot of statistics for you (high run of all time, safety success, pot success, average game time etc).
You can try the free version billard counter to get an impression :)

mlfield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought the Billiards Buddy for $1.99 and I think it is by far the best app for scoring straight pool. Does it all. And if you had it on an Ipad2 it would be really nice.

mlfield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't find anywhere to download MamboFats program on the link he previously posted. Anybody else try to get it? Thanks