I won my first Tournament One Pocket match!!

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
I haven't been playing one pocket a lot since It really isn't played that much in my home area, but got interested in it after covering the T-Town classic in Tulsa,Ok.

Watching the masters make all the different shots and the way they would clear their opponents pockets, by re-positioning multiple balls, intrigued me with the game.

One pocket has so many different aspects to it and really gets exciting when it starts coming together.

To make the win even sweeter, my opponent was Mike Janis! :)

Mike has been playing some lately in some of the Ozone/Olhausen event and doing quite well. He defeated Brandon Shuff in NY in 10Ball, Won one of the ring games and is an exceptional bank pool player.

I'm really hooked now! :shocked:

Ray

ps. we will start broadcasting One Pocket and then 10 ball tonight from Atlanta,Ga. Just click on the picture below.
 
Way to go Ray. Congratulations. I'll be waiting for the stream tonight. Your streams are alway one of the best.
 
Way to go Raymond. Its great that you have such passion for the game. I sure enjoy your stream. When you are in stroke pool is as easy as putting sauce on a pig. Just brush it on. ;)
 
congrats ray

UH OOOO..........

Now the man is HOOKED!!!!

I believe it was Strawberry that said:

"One Pocket is a disease and there ain't no cure"

-Grey Ghost-
 
Yeah, you're hooked. Just make sure to play some shooting games or you will be sorry.

I pretty much quit playing 9ball and 8ball this summer because I love 1p so much and that's all I want to play. Well, that and I don't have that much time to play anymore so when I do play, I'd just prefer to play 1p. Anyway, I flat out suck at 9b and 8b now. Not that I was some kind of champ, but used to be able to beat the ghost on a 9' table if I was playing good. Now I have no chance at it anymore.

Maybe it's all in my head, but I think you need to stay well rounded.

One pocket is the best game though!
 
UH OOOO..........

Now the man is HOOKED!!!!

I believe it was Strawberry that said:

"One Pocket is a disease and there ain't no cure"

-Grey Ghost-

It's such a complex game with many different skill sets involved. Yeah, I'm hooked.

Ray
 
IMHO it's chess on a pool table.....great game.....glad you are hooked Ray, good luck...
 
It's about time you won something with a pool stick; you watch enough of it. :D

Just kidding, of course.

Congrats!

Best,
Brian kc
 
Yeah, you're hooked. Just make sure to play some shooting games or you will be sorry.

I pretty much quit playing 9ball and 8ball this summer because I love 1p so much and that's all I want to play. Well, that and I don't have that much time to play anymore so when I do play, I'd just prefer to play 1p. Anyway, I flat out suck at 9b and 8b now. Not that I was some kind of champ, but used to be able to beat the ghost on a 9' table if I was playing good. Now I have no chance at it anymore.

Maybe it's all in my head, but I think you need to stay well rounded.

One pocket is the best game though!

I agree Alex. That's why I really like the Ozone/Olhausen Classic Tour and also The Lonestar Tour by Kim White in Texas. Both of these tours have several disciplines in one event.

Thanks,

Ray
 
Did Janis Show Up?

So now I guess that you will be throwing in some pointers and assisting Gabe in some new instructional videos?:D Somehow I think this is a plot that would allow you additional exposure to score some more chicken dinners.
 
So now I guess that you will be throwing in some pointers and assisting Gabe in some new instructional videos?:D Somehow I think this is a plot that would allow you additional exposure to score some more chicken dinners.

Royce,

Being couped up with a champion for two weeks rubbed off on me a little! Sho Nuff.

Ray
(I WILL go out of my way fer some yardbird);)
 
congrats ray now your ready for sylver next time you in houston....
 
"Release the 1-pocket Within You!" Isn't tha a self help book? ;)

Congrats, Ray, keep it up!

Dave
 
First Tournament

He's not a world champion, but it is sure tough action if you are just learning the moves, Congratulations.
 
Ray it is one of the few games that you are playing an opponent. Rotation games, straight, eight ball seem to me that you play the table. One pocket is a mind game against another person. It is a game you can match your cue skills and your mind skills together......it don't get any better.:cool:
 
Back
Top