Ian Anderson was right all along....

juegabillar said:
What Ian is saying is that sanctioning fees come out of the added money of the event. For instance if the event has $5,000 or $10,000 added money, the sanctioning fee would come out of that added money instead of the entire prize fund. It would cost only $250 for a $5,000 added event or $500 sanctioning fees for the $10,000.


Harold Acosta - President
Puerto Rican Billiard Federation

www.fedbillarpr.bravehost.com
www.prbilliardfederation.com
It dosent matter the fact is no body cares if the WPA gives its stamp of approval or not.The WPA does not provide enough tournaments or payoffs for the pros.Trust me the players will go where the money is or the future.What really has the WPA accomplished in how many years?
 
elizabeth said:
What has the WPA ever done for the players? A big fat nothing.All the WPA is wanting is a part of the action,spotlight or whatever they feel they can benefit.How would the players or the IPT benefit?The WPA is a joke and never have they helped put money in the players pockets.The professional players are the backbone of this sport and have never been rewarded for that.
If you are talking about the US players, and I suspect you are, then you are confused. The WPA is not chargeed specifically with improving the lot of US players or promoting the game in the US. That is the responsibility of the US federation, which is the BCA. You may want to look into how Spain handles cue sports promotion for a contrast.

The WPA does arrange world championships, and I think those tournaments are among the best run and best paying. Also, they get a lot of international TV coverage, like 60 hours of live TV for the WC9B. You may call that a big fat nothing, but I don't.
 
Ian was right?Or was he?

The WPA has is trying to get part of the action.No-one cares if the WPA gives its stamp of approval.What has the WPA done for the professional players of the sport? The WPA does not care about the players which are the backbone of this sport and have had years and years to make a change or a differance.I look at this letter written by Ian Anderson and it looks like a very sad plea to get in on the action.Would the players ever see their monies in return or as Mr.Anderson mentioned be returned to them in some fashion.It never has been before so why would it now?The players do not need to be controlled by anyone or organization the players need a way to earn a living as they are what sell the products and draw the tv.I would never want the IPT or any professional tour be controlled by an organization that would contol the players and the players in return basically pay them for that.The WPA has had many years to prove themselves and to be a little more advanced than they are.How have the professional players really benefited?
 
Bob Jewett said:
If you are talking about the US players, and I suspect you are, then you are confused. The WPA is not chargeed specifically with improving the lot of US players or promoting the game in the US. That is the responsibility of the US federation, which is the BCA. You may want to look into how Spain handles cue sports promotion for a contrast.

The WPA does arrange world championships, and I think those tournaments are among the best run and best paying. Also, they get a lot of international TV coverage, like 60 hours of live TV for the WC9B. You may call that a big fat nothing, but I don't.
NO it is a big fat nothing and the BCA is in charge of the professional mens organization,are you sure?I know of only 1 tournament that is held per year .How is that professional organization?Okay I guess all the players are suppose to live off that event.I believe the players are the ones that actually sell the mfg.products and so they have 1 tournament a year.Are you kidding me?Come on the BCA and the WPA do not support the professional players by no means.
 
elizabeth said:
... How have the professional players really benefited?
Elizabeth, have you ever been to a WPA World Championship? Is it worthwhile to have a legitimate world championship?
 
Bob Jewett said:
If you are talking about the US players, and I suspect you are, then you are confused. The WPA is not chargeed specifically with improving the lot of US players or promoting the game in the US. That is the responsibility of the US federation, which is the BCA. You may want to look into how Spain handles cue sports promotion for a contrast.

The WPA does arrange world championships, and I think those tournaments are among the best run and best paying. Also, they get a lot of international TV coverage, like 60 hours of live TV for the WC9B. You may call that a big fat nothing, but I don't.
Ok the one event per year that they hold is well ran or organized heck its only one event and they have a whole year to prepare.Sorry that does not get it.How sad.
 
Bob Jewett said:
Elizabeth, have you ever been to a WPA World Championship? Is it worthwhile to have a legitimate world championship?
I have been to many WPA World Championships as well as the World Champship which Don Mackey was able to bring live coverage.
 
elizabeth said:
Ok the one event per year that they hold is well ran or organized heck its only one event and they have a whole year to prepare.Sorry that does not get it.How sad.
The WPA is an international organization composed of national federations. The only events the WPA is responsible for holding are international events like the WCs in 9-ball, 8-ball, and finally this year 14.1. They also arrange participation at international sports festivals like the World Games and the various international regional games like the Asian games.

I think it would be considered an insult to the local federation if the WPA were to organize a local event. If your federation is falling down in the promotion of the game in your view, you should first complain to it. Which is your national federation?
 
Bob Jewett said:
If you are talking about the US players, and I suspect you are, then you are confused. The WPA is not chargeed specifically with improving the lot of US players or promoting the game in the US. That is the responsibility of the US federation, which is the BCA. You may want to look into how Spain handles cue sports promotion for a contrast.

The WPA does arrange world championships, and I think those tournaments are among the best run and best paying. Also, they get a lot of international TV coverage, like 60 hours of live TV for the WC9B. You may call that a big fat nothing, but I don't.
If the WPA is not about supporting or promoting the US players and events then why should the US players and promoters support the WPA?
The BCA is not in control of US players and events and if they are someone forgot to tell the BCA.
 
Bob Jewett said:
The WPA is an international organization composed of national federations. The only events the WPA is responsible for holding are international events like the WCs in 9-ball, 8-ball, and finally this year 14.1. They also arrange participation at international sports festivals like the World Games and the various international regional games like the Asian games.

I think it would be considered an insult to the local federation if the WPA were to organize a local event. If your federation is falling down in the promotion of the game in your view, you should first complain to it. Which is your national federation?
Falling down they have never been up and I should complain to the BCA are you sure?They host how many professional events per year?Sorry but the BCA nor the WPA are in conrol of Mens Professional Billiards in the US and if they are what a shame because neither the players or the organization know about it.
 
elizabeth said:
Ok the one event per year that they hold is well ran or organized heck its only one event and they have a whole year to prepare.Sorry that does not get it.How sad.


Keep in mind Elizabeth, for the cue sports to ever have a chance to progress to become an Olympic sport, the structure of pool will be required to have one body representing all individual federations world wide. I am not saying in will ever happen in my life or yours but it will happen eventually. If you are concerned enough and want to get the whole scoop on this matter, contact John Lewis with the ACS he has been the WPA secretary for years.
 
Island Drive said:
Keep in mind Elizabeth, for the cue sports to ever have a chance to progress to become an Olympic sport, the structure of pool will be required to have one body representing all individual federations world wide. I am not saying in will ever happen in my life or yours but it will happen eventually. If you are concerned enough and want to get the whole scoop on this matter, contact John Lewis with the ACS he has been the WPA secretary for years.
I have known John Lewis for years and he has held that position for a while.All I am saying is that the BCA is not the organization for the US professional players and the WPA does not help with promotion of Mens professional Tours.Why would any of the mens tours participate or care if the WPA is involved? They know by past experience that it is a control factor and to ask them to give up any of their prize fund to organizations that do not promote or help them in the advancement of their career or profession is just dumb.
 
Bob Jewett said:
The WPA is an international organization composed of national federations. The only events the WPA is responsible for holding are international events like the WCs in 9-ball, 8-ball, and finally this year 14.1. They also arrange participation at international sports festivals like the World Games and the various international regional games like the Asian games.

I think it would be considered an insult to the local federation if the WPA were to organize a local event. If your federation is falling down in the promotion of the game in your view, you should first complain to it. Which is your national federation?


How could it be an insult to the local federation when there is not one in the USA?Its surely not the BCA.:confused:
 
Island Drive said:
Keep in mind Elizabeth, for the cue sports to ever have a chance to progress to become an Olympic sport, the structure of pool will be required to have one body representing all individual federations world wide. I am not saying in will ever happen in my life or yours but it will happen eventually. If you are concerned enough and want to get the whole scoop on this matter, contact John Lewis with the ACS he has been the WPA secretary for years.
What is the status on that?I have heard about that for over 10 years.Its not that the pros stay focused on one day what may happen the players of today need to maintain focused on what is or is not happening today.I believe that the letter by Mr.Anderson represented a terrible plea to the players to involve the WPA when the WPA could care less for them and this had nothing at all to do with the games it was wanting in on the action.I have been around the players the BCA and WPA and even back to the Jackie Mueller days no-one represents the Mens Pro Tour or governs it in the USA.The letter to the players was out of line it was like asking them for help yet giving them what in return? An offical World title permission?Do any of the Mens tour need permission for that?Don Mackey didnt and no-one else does either.The IPT has a better chance of giving these players a chance of a earning a living and earning what real champions deserve to make than anything the WPA or BCA has ever given them in the last 20 years straight.I do hope that Kevin can pull things together and make things work as all will benefit as it should be.
 
elizabeth said:
How could it be an insult to the local federation when there is not one in the USA?Its surely not the BCA.:confused:
Well, actually, it is the BCA. You may want to check the WPA web site:

http://www.wpa-pool.com/index.asp?content=member

Historically, the BCA was pretty much the only possible organization in the US that could have belonged to the WPA at the time (in the early 90's) that the WPA was organized. Surely you would not propose the PBTA as the US rep at that time, would you?

Here is a description of the early history of the WPA:

http://www.wpa-pool.com/index.asp?content=history
 
Bob Jewett said:
Well, actually, it is the BCA. You may want to check the WPA web site:

http://www.wpa-pool.com/index.asp?content=member

Historically, the BCA was pretty much the only possible organization in the US that could have belonged to the WPA at the time (in the early 90's) that the WPA was organized. Surely you would not propose the PBTA as the US rep at that time, would you?

Here is a description of the early history of the WPA:

http://www.wpa-pool.com/index.asp?content=history
I know the history of Mr.Sandman etc.I am asking today what organization represents the US Mens Professional Players?I know that the PBTA was not involved with the WPA.I remember the WPA wanted control over the players and the PBTA prevented that at the time.But who is in charge now and where are the events that are organized for these professionals?See what a joke that is?
 
Bob Jewett said:
Well, actually, it is the BCA. You may want to check the WPA web site:

http://www.wpa-pool.com/index.asp?content=member

Historically, the BCA was pretty much the only possible organization in the US that could have belonged to the WPA at the time (in the early 90's) that the WPA was organized. Surely you would not propose the PBTA as the US rep at that time, would you?

Here is a description of the early history of the WPA:

http://www.wpa-pool.com/index.asp?content=history


Perhaps a tour should try to get in as a special member like MatchRoom

But I do not see where a tournament promoter should kick up to WPA. Unless the WPA is bringing in appropriate momentum to make it worth the kickback.

I do not care who runs the tours but I would like to see pool on TV live in the US. I do not want to pay for a crappy web feed. I do not want to "pay per view" I want advertisers like Miller, Bud, Ford, Nike, Shell, Gyco etc.

I want to know that some ignored premium atheletes are finally getting paid for what they do and have done for years.

I will buy the beer, gas and shoes.

If the organizers can get it going I will watch which is the job of the consumer.
 
If you think it is a joke, then tell the board in BCA all of your ideas of how to improve the pool in the states. Guess you have a lot! Don't just complain, get in the action yourself and help them do something good for the pros in America!

Since you are complaining on the WPA and that 60 hours of live broadcasting of the World Championship with more than 400 000$ in pricemoney obviously isn't enough, well then write the WPA too and tell them all of your great ideas!

And maybe you could share them with us too? How to get more money on the World Championship? Since 500 000 000 possible wievers for live broadcasting at the World Championship isn't good enough, tell them how to improve it! Must be easy...

WPA didn't care about the players in the IPT-situation? If IPT were sanctioned by WPA they would have demanded that 50 % of the pricefund for 2006 should be in an escrowaccount (correct word?). With that, KT and IPT would have paid out a hell of a lot $ in advance for 2006. Wouldn't solve all problems, but at least some of them. But guess WPA don't demand that because they care for the pro players, do they?

Besides, most of the money from the sanctionfee would have been spent on the youth, which would have benefit IPT in the longterm. Maybe they wouldn't get the tournaments sanctioned because they knew they wouldn't excist long enough to benefit from the youth programs?

Since I have started to bring the youth in it, the WPA also organizes youth tournaments like the World Championship. They shouldn't do that either, or what? Rather put the money in the US pro players instead?
 
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the WPC coverage, prize money etc. is down to Matchroom and Raya Sports, not the WPA..
 
Back
Top