I'm Calling Out JFORNEY36....WHERE IS MY CUE?

Dartman

Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
rigmaster said:
...!Hopefully he(JFORTNEY)had something happen in jail-in hospital something and will come through for both of you!Good luck Ron

Actually you'd hope these things did Not happen.
He's posted frequently this month so IMO there's no excuse for not answering a PM from a BUYER or raffle winner.

Last edited:

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
207   0   0
I was going to post up that he was on my "Do not buy from" list and post this link:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=96194

But I didn't want to stick my nose into another negative thread.

This guy HAD red rep for a short time from what I remember and he deserved it.

Then all of a sudden, it turns green.....:rolleyes:

There really needs to be a sticky listing these guys.

Hope it all works out for you.

Russ.......

WalkerInTN

Mr. Entertainment
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
rigmaster said:
Wonder why JFORTNEY has no neg.RED REP if I was ripped off that is the first thing I would do so my friends on here would know not to deal with him! Just wondering Ron
It's because the Rep system is a joke. That was proven with the whole Ed Wheat topic a while back. It took a bunch of members all leaving Red Rep multiple times to finally turn his Green Rep Red.

Red Rep is only worth half of what Green Rep is. In other words, I'd have to leave you Red Rep twice to cancel out sending you Green Rep once. Definitely a flawed system.............

I did just leave him some Red Rep though because he's been on the forum at least twice since this topic was posted & he still hasn't cleared up the problem.

Devilish48

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
WalkerInTN said:
It's because the Rep system is a joke. That was proven with the whole Ed Wheat topic a while back. It took a bunch of members all leaving Red Rep multiple times to finally turn his Green Rep Red.

Red Rep is only worth half of what Green Rep is. In other words, I'd have to leave you Red Rep twice to cancel out sending you Green Rep once. Definitely a flawed system.............

I did just leave him some Red Rep though because he's been on the forum at least twice since this topic was posted & he still hasn't cleared up the problem.

I could be mistaken, but I think the red rep that was being discussed was an iTrader red rather than a red reputation mark. Deals like this should always get a negative comment in the iTrader system, if for no other reason than to make others think twice before dealing with such people.

Chris

Monto P2

Asia Billiards
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
poolhustler said:
I was going to post up that he was on my "Do not buy from" list and post this link:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=96194

But I didn't want to stick my nose into another negative thread.

This guy HAD red rep for a short time from what I remember and he deserved it.

Then all of a sudden, it turns green.....:rolleyes:

There really needs to be a sticky listing these guys.

Hope it all works out for you.

Russ.......

That was incident with me. He has had some good transactions on az since than and i dint want to escalate this matter rather want it get resolved.

Hope this gets sorted out quickly..........

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
207   0   0
Monto P2 said:
That was incident with me. He has had some good transactions on az since than and i dint want to escalate this matter rather want it get resolved.

Hope this gets sorted out quickly..........

Yes, but the way he treated you and responded was way out of line in my opinion. That alone put him on my do not deal/trade with list.

Russ......

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
219   0   0
poolhustler said:
Yes, but the way he treated you and responded was way out of line in my opinion. That alone put him on my do not deal/trade with list.

Russ......

He was waaaay out of line. If you want to get something resolved, calling a stranger a mf'er is probably not the smartest thing to do.

gutshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Bump for some resolution or response from Jforney36!!

Business ethics are like the economy these day...in the toilet!!!:mad:

Grumpy

Senior Citizen
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Business ethics??

gutshot said:
Bump for some resolution or response from Jforney36!!

Business ethics are like the economy these day...in the toilet!!!:mad:
The problem is not business ethics, The problem is a certain portion of the people on AZB are not business people or even trying to do business the right way. They are looking for a way to get over on someone. It is a shame there is no way to protect our selves from them.
Bill

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Grumpy said:
The problem is not business ethics, The problem is a certain portion of the people on AZB are not business people or even trying to do business the right way. They are looking for a way to get over on someone. It is a shame there is no way to protect our selves from them.
Bill

There is:

ESCROW...check out "FAST @ LOOSE"

I-TRADER..the more it's used the better it will be...retaliatory neg feedback can be a problem

SEARCH...this is the ace in the hole that isn't used enough

COMMON SENSE...use it or lose it:smile:

rigmaster

my puppy is on the left!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I should have said iTrader feedback! Devilish48 knew what I was talking about! And Walker is right about the REP. I have had deals with both and you can check iTrader and see how the deals went! Both are good to deal with actually GREAT to deal with!Honest guys,do what they say!If I see bad comments on iTrader I would pass on the deal or use FAST N LOOSE'S ESCROW SERVICE but thats me If I had a bad deal I would put it in the iTrader so all my friends here on AZ would know to stay away or use ESCROW!!! REP will change iTrader comments will always be there! So far I see NOTHING about a BAD transactions from this guy Jfortney36 thats all.I hope everyone understands and if you had a bad deal you can still do this!!!AS YOU SHOULD Thanks Ron

gutshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
If it's not business ethics, I don't know what the hell it is! It has nothing to do about people being not being business minded and all to do about members moral obligation to do right vs wrong. How many members on here buy/sell cues as a business? I would say less than 1%. How many "business" transactions have we had on here that went wrong by 99% of it's members? Again, probably 1%. Therefore, not being a business person has little to no merit.

It has all to do with members trying give other members the shaft for one reason or another.

Us members need to help each other weed out the bad members either through itrader (it works, but still has it faults), word of mouth, ones own due dilligence or through services that prevent fraud (escrow).

We need to wake up and realize this world is not all full of roses.

Kelly

Grumpy said:
Bill

rigmaster

my puppy is on the left!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I hope SANO+runout1961 get the stuff from Jfortney36 and if they dont I hope he's BANNED so he cant rip off anyone else here on AZ! Ron

steniacho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Couldn't agree more with you ribdoner.

I'm a very green member of AZB but have 10+ years of IT under my belt. I feel very fortunate that my first 3 deals went as smoothly as they did given my lack of experience in this environment.

My current formula is purchasing solely from trusted sellers with extensive positive history. Should I decide to veer in to questionable territory it's escrow time ;) I hear USPS money orders offer good protection, but I don't feel 100% certain yet that I'm guaranteed my money back in the event of a deal-gone-bad.

I have a couple of specific ideas which may improve on the iTrader and Rep features. I'd rather not air it here, but if any admins are interested please PM me.

Best of luck to those affected in getting this resolved.

--EDITED to add search tip...

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, so I figured I'd pass it on.

When searching you can use AND and OR between your keywords to narrow your results.
Ex - jforney36 AND respond

Last edited:

tommie1351

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
436   0   0
my freind

John is considered a good freind of mine. I talk to him over there a couple of times a week. Anyone who screws him is going at the heart of AZ Billiards, for guys like him is what this site is about, in my opinion. He is a no nonsense person,his word being his bond. This guy better get this straightened out or consider HIMSELF a target.
TOMMIE

WalkerInTN

Mr. Entertainment
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
tommie1351 said:
This guy better get this straightened out or consider HIMSELF a target.
TOMMIE
Ditto that. Just because John is half way around the world doesn't mean all his friends are.