I'm Calling Out JFORNEY36....WHERE IS MY CUE?

dave sutton

Banned
Rating - 92.7%
51   4   0
what i dont understand is jforney36 has activity today at 725 pm. if there is a problem come on here and say your cue will go out monday ect...

the fact that there is activity is unexceptable.

truth is even if the cue is send out and received in perfect condition he is still dead to some azers the smart ones anyway.

i for one do not buy on az anymore. i sell when i absolutely need too. unless its about 10-15 ppl i trust i dont even bother

sad sad times

Grumpy

Senior Citizen
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Resolution...

If it takes this kind of action (thread) to get merchandise I have paid for, regardless of the outcome in this incident
I can never buy anything from jforney. A mans word has to be worth something.
Bill

thomsont

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I was the winner of JFORNEY36's raffle of fancy tooled Justis case few weeks ago. I received the case in mint condition.

I hope this is just a miscommunication between both parties and JFORNEY36 can stand up to solve this issue asap.

Good luck to you!

KeeFy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 90.9%
10   1   0
dave sutton said:
what i dont understand is jforney36 has activity today at 725 pm. if there is a problem come on here and say your cue will go out monday ect...

the fact that there is activity is unexceptable.

truth is even if the cue is send out and received in perfect condition he is still dead to some azers the smart ones anyway.

i for one do not buy on az anymore. i sell when i absolutely need too. unless its about 10-15 ppl i trust i dont even bother

sad sad times

Actually if you're selling, you're at much lower risk. Just make sure not to use paypal if you're worried. It's usually the buyers that get burnt.

It's saddening that people are resorting to such despicable methods to get some cash. This is how the world becomes a more F***ed place.. as bad as it already it. People start doubting everyone else, and the chain goes on. Its seems that integrity these days mean absolutely nothing to some people. They are just pathetic. *rant out*

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
207   0   0
KeeFy said:
Actually if you're selling, you're at much lower risk. Just make sure not to use paypal if you're worried. It's usually the buyers that get burnt.

It's saddening that people are resorting to such despicable methods to get some cash. This is how the world becomes a more F***ed place.. as bad as it already it. People start doubting everyone else, and the chain goes on. Its seems that integrity these days mean absolutely nothing to some people. They are just pathetic. *rant out*

Yes it happens and that sucks.......... but..........if you do a little homework, check out a sellers past deals, iTrader, posts, etc... It can help determine who to deal with and who not to deal with.

If you are still apprehensive on the deal, just use ESCROW !!!!!

Costs a bit more, but wouldn't you rather spend an additional $50 or so to make sure you don't lose thousands???

Just my .02

Russ....

unicorncomputer

Possible scammer
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you made payment via Paypal, they have a way to go back after him for the money I believe. Look up mediation or non delivery of goods.

KeeFy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 90.9%
10   1   0
poolhustler said:
Yes it happens and that sucks.......... but..........if you do a little homework, check out a sellers past deals, iTrader, posts, etc... It can help determine who to deal with and who not to deal with.

If you are still apprehensive on the deal, just use ESCROW !!!!!

Costs a bit more, but wouldn't you rather spend an additional $50 or so to make sure you don't lose thousands???

Just my .02

Russ....

I totally agree on escrow, but imagine, Escrow on anything below... well... maybe $300 is essentially not worth it. $50 extra = $350 on the item purchase. It's no big figure, but to students and such, $50 is kinda substantial. Sometimes, we (I'm a student) are the ones burnt by all these, and the money we saved just to buy a nice cue goes down the drain due to some scumbag.

If the cue is worth a lot more, escrow is definitely the way to go! iTrader ratings does give an indication, but look at JFORNEY36 for an example, he has 26 iTrader rating @ 100%. Unless we watch the forums regularly, and know the user's history or make an active point to research on the trader, it's just not that easy sometimes.

I guess it just boils down to how lucky we are to trade with someone whom has integrity or not.

*rant out*

P/s: Thanks for the rep Russ :D

Dartman

Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
poolhustler said:
.......... but..........if you do a little homework, check out a sellers past deals, iTrader, posts, etc... It can help determine who to deal with and who not to deal with.
Russ....

One would think that 25+ positive Itrader feedbacks would lend to credibility.
Strange that someone that actively hawks their stuff here hasn't bothered to enlighten us in this thread
that's had 3000+ views and 50+ posts.

Last edited:

Dartman

Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
sano said:
i just got a tracking # for my case. just to let everyone know. so evidently jeff is coming through

Curious as to what sort of tracking number you got.
UPS? Fedex? Postal?

Not asking about the number, just the carrier.

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
557   0   0
KeeFy said:
I totally agree on escrow, but imagine, Escrow on anything below... well... maybe $300 is essentially not worth it. $50 extra = $350 on the item purchase. It's no big figure, but to students and such, $50 is kinda substantial. Sometimes, we (I'm a student) are the ones burnt by all these, and the money we saved just to buy a nice cue goes down the drain due to some scumbag.

If the cue is worth a lot more, escrow is definitely the way to go! iTrader ratings does give an indication, but look at JFORNEY36 for an example, he has 26 iTrader rating @ 100%. Unless we watch the forums regularly, and know the user's history or make an active point to research on the trader, it's just not that easy sometimes.

I guess it just boils down to how lucky we are to trade with someone whom has integrity or not.

*rant out*

P/s: Thanks for the rep Russ :D

I'VE BEEN OFFERING ESCROW FOR AZ FOR 20 BUCKS SINCE 2005.....IT WAS JUST RECENTLY MADE A STICKY http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=115543

KeeFy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 90.9%
10   1   0
FAST_N_LOOSE said:
I'VE BEEN OFFERING ESCROW FOR AZ FOR 20 BUCKS SINCE 2005.....IT WAS JUST RECENTLY MADE A STICKY http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=115543

I know, when i purchased a cue recently, i wanted to go through you as escrow, but the seller refused. I wanted the cue so badly that i actually didn't do the escrow. Thankfully, the seller was a man of his words (although with 0 iTrader rating, which jingled my "spidey sense"). He was great to deal with. I'm one of the lucky ones.

$50 factors in the extra postage, and the extra fees incurred via paypal or something along those lines. The fact that i'm not located in the states also does make things a tad bit harder and slightly more expensive.

For a $600 cue.
Paypal @ 3% = $18
Extra domestic shipping with insurance (I'm guessing) = $15?
Escrow service = $20

Added = $53

Do correct me for the shipping, but $18 for paypal and $20 for Escrow = $38, and the extra shipping... makes perfect reasoning for $50.

Also to add, TT/western union fees (and WU exchange rate is quite bad) would be all right if the item is expensive, but not so for something cheaper.

EDIT: I just realized something stupid in my calculation, $300 cue would be $9 bucks for paypal.

$20+9 + extra shipping and postage+insurance. Would it amount to $50?

DOH. Brain's not really working.. but yeah... you get my drift.

Last edited:

coryjeb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I just can't believe he has had activity on here and not responded in this thread. I'm sorry, but if I saw my name in a thread title, you bet your a-- I would be there to say something. I guess the proof is in the pudding??

The next time I see him selling something on here, I will LINK this thread. Hope others follow suit.

What a shame things are coming to around here. We've (the AZ community) have lost very good posters over the last few months because some people can't be adults and this type of thread is getting more and more common.

John, what goes around, comes back around. Hope this gets resolved quickly.

Last edited:

Grumpy

Senior Citizen
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Paypal????

unicorncomputer said:
If you made payment via Paypal, they have a way to go back after him for the money I believe.* Look up mediation or non delivery of goods.
Uni,* Do you work for Paypal or are you one of the few who have not been hosed by Paypal?
REMEMBER NO PAYPAL!!!!!

sano

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i received the justis case today. jeff shipped it next day mail. just letting everyone know whats up..has runout got his cue?

Dartman

Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
sano said:
i won a justis case in a raffle a couple of weeks ago and still havent received it. he doesnt respond to his pms very well but what do you do.? ...
Good that you finally received the case.
Hopefully you will leave iTrader feedback that accurately reflects the transaction.