~~~ I'm lookin for a Murray Tucker cue ~~~

Trav D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
This is kind of funny. I have a problem and issue a prompt refund and I still get grief. How many threads do we read where a cue is shipped with issues and the maker won't stand behind it or it has to be shipped back to be fixed?

I may be many things but a liar is not one of them.

Not as funny as this Murray...

My shipping guy is in big trouble when I get home.

I have been out of the office but it is on my desk and it was supossed to be shipped. I'll be home from Vf on Monday and I will make sure it goes.

Followed by this...

I'm back from the expo but don't like something in the finish of your cue. I'm traveling quite a bit next week so what I am going to do is send you a pay pal refund when I get to my real computer. I will ship the cue to you when I am done and you can send payment after you get it and are 100% happy.

I'm really sorry this has got all screwed up. It is not the way I normally do business but in the end I want you completely happy with the cue and my service.

My question is simply this if you didn't tell a little fib...How did you see that spot in the finish if it was packed up? That is funny, :D

And then the email about snoopy and the ball getting kicked and your gift from God to build cues etc. Like a victimized cuemaker, lol, that was funny, :thumbup: Honesty will keep that ball in your possesion most of the time bud. I am not bashing you though just trying to pass the cancelled cue ordrer info to someone looking for one of your cues since I chose to cancel my order. No hard feelings I am done and definitely not going to argue over a sneaky pete that I cancelled an order on. I wish you the very very best Murray.

lenoxmjs

Brazilian Rosewood Fan
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
153   0   0
Trav not to nit pick but I don't see where he said it was packed . He only said that it was on his desk.

I consider both you and Murray friends , and honest stand up guys . The direction that this is headed does nobody any good . JMO carry on as you see fit.

Murray Tucker

Just a Padawan
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Correct, it was still on my desk in the sleeve when I got back.

I'm not playing the victimized cuemaker because I don't consider myself a cuemaker.

Bigd3

BIGGER in Texas
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Tucker

Hey Murray, Dan from California. I'll take a cue even if it has a mark on it, I'm easy & pay full price. I took my/your 2012 Amboyna burl hoppe to the BCA 8 Ball national's in Vegas and cue plays lights out. My buddy was using this exact cue, we took on Shane Van Boeing in the action room, my buddy went to put a token in the table and it got stuck, took the bumperless hoppe and used it to get the balls down. I jumped out of my chair, he doesn't know anything about custom cues or what these cost, I was mad at the time but now just a great story. I got more compliments in Vegas with this cue, everybody and their mother wanted to know what kind of cue it was. Can't wait to get more, hint-hint Murray. LOL, Dan

Trav D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
Trav not to nit pick but I don't see where he said it was packed . He only said that it was on his desk.

I consider both you and Murray friends , and honest stand up guys . The direction that this is headed does nobody any good . JMO carry on as you see fit.

No problem man, I consider you a friend as well man. Just saying if the shipping guy was supposed to ship it then either it was already observed by Murray OR being observed by a second hand man which I would think Murray even being a part time cuemaker would definitely not do so.

8-ball Rat

I'll eat you alive.....
Silver Member
Rating - 99.1%
114   1   0
This is kind of funny. I have a problem and issue a prompt refund and I still get grief. How many threads do we read where a cue is shipped with issues and the maker won't stand behind it or it has to be shipped back to be fixed?

I may be many things but a liar is not one of them.

A pole-dancing cross-dresser - perhaps. A liar - not a chance.

And I've never heard of a story where one of your cues was jacked up by an idiot third party, and had to be sent back to you for a full re-work. Much less that you would volunteer to make the cue in quesiton right-as-rain again, and not charge the original customer who was stuck on stupid when he sold it in a moment of financial weakness, which he regretted the minute after he shipped it. That would just be crazy. Bat-s#it crazy, I tell you.

Oh........wait........ :D

rigmaster

my puppy is on the left!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Yep Murray is the MAN, For someone that is not a cuemaker he sure make a great cue!
Now to get this thread back on track anyone have a TCW 4 point 4 veneer hoppe for Wilson?

Hidy Ho

Missed 4 rail hanger!!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Murray has done many things for me out of kindness of his heart. I trust him 1000% and wouldn't hesitate to help him if needed. I would buy anything from his shop if offered (HINT!!!).

Sent from my GT-N7000B using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: mia

CMD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Murray has done many things for me out of kindness of his heart. I trust him 1000% and wouldn't hesitate to help him if needed. I would buy anything from his shop if offered (HINT!!!).

Sent from my GT-N7000B using Tapatalk 2

Amen...:thumbup:

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sorry it didn't work out for ya Bro...

He is a good and honest man. I know for a fact you have enjoyed playing with that cue. I thoroughly enjoy mine. Actually I will never sell it for any amount. I was waiting for Murray and another maker's cue that I expected to be my player. I started playing with the Tucker and can't put it down. In comparison to my other cue, it plays just as good. However, due to the inexpensive cost I take it everywhere without worries.

@ Lisa - mine was made from a Schmelke blank:

DSC01034.jpg

DSC01030.jpg

Take care man,
Chris

Still a beauty and I'm sure plays as well as any of the cues that has been on Murray's lathe. :thumbup: I was not aware that he was using them again...either way, just exceptional cues...I will always be a huge fan.

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Trav, I also failed to read where he said it was packed. If it was still sitting on his desk when he returned from VF, I can absolutely understand why he would have checked it out again upon his return before shipping...could have been accidentally knocked off his desk, or any number of mishaps while he was gone. Would you have been happier had he assumed that the cue was okay, shipped it to you, and upon arrival found a finish flaw or other 'issue'? Kind of a Catch 22 here, IMHO. I certainly do not see the 'fib'...and he did inform you of the delay.

BTW...you're the one who opened the can o' worms by detailing as to why you were canceling your order when you offered up the cue spot...you could have simply stated that you were canceling the order, offered the cue spot, and left it at that. Just sayin'.

Trav D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
Trav, I also failed to read where he said it was packed. If it was still sitting on his desk when he returned from VF, I can absolutely understand why he would have checked it out again upon his return before shipping...could have been accidentally knocked off his desk, or any number of mishaps while he was gone. Would you have been happier had he assumed that the cue was okay, shipped it to you, and upon arrival found a finish flaw or other 'issue'? Kind of a Catch 22 here, IMHO. I certainly do not see the 'fib'...and he did inform you of the delay.

BTW...you're the one who opened the can o' worms by detailing as to why you were canceling your order when you offered up the cue spot...you could have simply stated that you were canceling the order, offered the cue spot, and left it at that. Just sayin'.

I have been out of the office but it is on my desk and it was supossed to be shipped. I'll be home from Vf on Monday and I will make sure it goes.

The Key words ridethewind are MY SHIPPING GUY (I would certainly think that was meaning the guy that was supposed to ship the cue) and also in the very next sentence IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SHIPPED. What would that mean to you? Would it not lead you or any other human to believe the SHIPPING GUY was supposed to SHIP THE CUE? It is right above in black and white so please reread. He did not have to say the cue was packed up, he was 8 states away and said the SHIPPING GUY was supposed to SHIP THE CUE. I understand the Tucker disciples are going to defend him but again I ask, how else could that email have been taken? lord have mercy, lol. I could post all of the emails but it is not even worth the hassle. The disciples are going to read what they want to read and defend no matter what the emails say. I cancelled the order and am done.

Murray Tucker

Just a Padawan
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
My last post on the subject. I'm not upset at Trav for his decission. I am upset that he thinks I lied.

I left the cue, in a protective felt sleeve on my desk. When I got back I found out there was some confusion on the shipping. I had some new felt sleeves made with my name on them so I thought I would put the cue in one of the new sleeves. While it was out of the sleeve (first time I saw it under the lighting in my office) I noticed some small solvent POP bubbles in the finish. At that time I issued a refund until I could fix the issue, which took longer than I expected. I have a business with 70 employees, a wife and two kids and a aging mother. Not to mention a fishing habbit. I'm doing the best I can but it is apparent that taking cue orders again was a mistake.

That is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
My last post on the subject. I'm not upset at Trav for his decission. I am upset that he thinks I lied.

I left the cue, in a protective felt sleeve on my desk. When I got back I found out there was some confusion on the shipping. I had some new felt sleeves made with my name on them so I thought I would put the cue in one of the new sleeves. While it was out of the sleeve (first time I saw it under the lighting in my office) I noticed some small solvent POP bubbles in the finish. At that time I issued a refund until I could fix the issue, which took longer than I expected. I have a business with 70 employees, a wife and two kids and a aging mother. Not to mention a fishing habbit. I'm doing the best I can but it is apparent that taking cue orders again was a mistake.

Murray

That's what it looked like to me. You said what you said, not what your buyer assumed you said.

Kevin

Bigd3

BIGGER in Texas
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Tucker

Murray please don't let one person/deal spoil a great thing you have going. I will take the cue with the POP bubbles in the finish ! And really like the NEW "Made in the USA" Tucker Cue Works protective cue felt, that's a nice added touch, great job ! Dan

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

The Key words ridethewind are MY SHIPPING GUY (I would certainly think that was meaning the guy that was supposed to ship the cue) and also in the very next sentence IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SHIPPED. What would that mean to you? Would it not lead you or any other human to believe the SHIPPING GUY was supposed to SHIP THE CUE? It is right above in black and white so please reread. He did not have to say the cue was packed up, he was 8 states away and said the SHIPPING GUY was supposed to SHIP THE CUE. I understand the Tucker disciples are going to defend him but again I ask, how else could that email have been taken? lord have mercy, lol. I could post all of the emails but it is not even worth the hassle. The disciples are going to read what they want to read and defend no matter what the emails say. I cancelled the order and am done.

I am not a disciple and you should have not made assumptions...something about counting chickens and all. You've been in this game long enough to know that sometimes $hit happens. At least he communicated with you and tried to make right until the issue was resolved. Again...you divulged the details of the cancellation, when it wasn't necessary, and then intimated that Murray was being less than truthful, to what end? That is what folks are getting upset about.

I have dealt with Murray, and he has always been 100% straight up honest with me...even if it was something maybe I wasn't thrilled to hear. I'd rather that than rainbows and unicorns being blown up my a$$.

pooldogue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Thats how i took it...........

Trav D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
114   0   0

Wow, upset that I think you lied. You definitely shouldn't be upset at that. Take responsibility for your own actions for this one Murray. When we spoke on the phone (me having to make the effort) 2 weeks after the SBE on Thursday, you told me that the cue had a spot etc and I said no problem at all. You then said you would get pictures to me the next day of the damage/progress and it would ship out that Monday. I said no problem that sounds great. With no email or anything in the mail a week and a half later, I had to call you again to ask what the deal was. You then told me that it had only 2 hours of shop time and it would be the first thing that gets done and you would keep me updated. Then there was the 4 or so weeks that went by even after that where I just cancelled my order on the sneaky blank after hearing nada from you again. Do you see why I would think everything you have said from the refund on was lies? No communication for 2 months on something you said was only 2 hours of work and that you told me would ship a month and a half ago. I never called not once since last year when I ordered the cue from you and am very, very patient. It also seems strange that you wanted my money when the cue was about to be sprayed and then you have only a touch up to do which should be less work and you are refunding my money. The p*** poor communication is the reason I feel this way. When I tell someone I am going to do something I try to do so or at least have the courtesy to communicate and let them know the reason why I am not going to do so, definitely something you should consider in the future. I am not mad at you, just look back and do the old switch the shoes and tell me how you would feel and you should be able to see the reason I feel this way even with the business, kids, hobbies, etc. Most all of us have these and still can do what they say they are going to do. Free bump you Vermirre.