Interesting pic of Earl

brechbt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was watching that 2002 match of Earl vs Bustamante that someone posted earlier. I stopped the video to go do something, and when I restarted it this happened to be the shot the screen was frozen on. I thought it was interesting enough to share; seems to capture Earl's intensity nicely. He's just getting ready to break. Pure luck that I happened to stop on this.

Attachments

• ScreenShot002.jpg
    ScreenShot002.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 905

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That match clearly showed Earl`s greatness. Things were not going his way against a very powerful player yet he found a way to prevail. He really turned it on when he saw the finish line. I thought the match turned when Bustamante missed that fairly routine (if there is such a thing) one-nine combination.

Cuemaster98

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl S. is currently in Queens, NY.

He's playing at Steinway Billiards if anyone wants to take lesson from him (Highly Recommended!!!).

It's amazing to watch Earl play live....the man can really play pool. One of the best live match I've seen in years was when Earl was down 9-12 to George R and he ran 4 racks and out to win the match.

I think he'll be heading to Vegas shortly..so this might me the last week to catch him playing or take lessons.

Duc.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Laidback Earl:

CROPPED Earl Strickland - 1982 Dayton 9-Ball Open.jpg

Happy Camper Earl:

Happy Camper Earl - 1982 Dayton 9-Ball Open.jpg

And while we're on the subject of uncharacteristic images...

Skinny Buddy:

CROPPED Buddy Hall - 1980 Rocky Mountain 9-Ball Open.jpg

Where's the rest of him?

pj
chgo

Last edited:

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
cool pics

I watch a trick shot comp on you tube and earl was in it he was joking around and having fun. It was nice to see the other side of earl.
MMike

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl is one of a few players who put the shaft under their dominant eye. Feijen is another.