International Open

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good job Shaw

Brilliant last rack by Shaw. Probably rack of the tournament. Deserving winner with such a play. Max is one to watch with his breakthrough performance. Easily an 800s player.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jayson said in the interview that "In the last month I've made few changes, I've changed my cue, and I think it's paying off", But I thought he was happy with his peri cue, question is, what cue did he change to in the last month?

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Congrats to Jayson Shaw!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 9.39.54 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 9.39.54 PM.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 440

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jayson said in the interview that "In the last month I've made few changes, I've changed my cue, and I think it's paying off", But I thought he was happy with his peri cue, question is, what cue did he change to in the last month?

I heard it as "in the last few months...", not single month. I was assuming he meant changing from Meucci to the new sponsor? I don't know how long ago that change was?

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well after such final rack I guess there are no questions why Jason might be one of the straightest shooters. Amazing rack and some show time at such moment at the very end and definitely deserving champion. Congrats to both players!

Can’t agree more, that was one of the best racks in a pressure situation that I have ever seen performed. Right up there with the Shane double bridge jump against Orcollo. Those back to back jump shots on the 1 and 2 were fantastic. Straight shooter defined—Jayson Shaw. Congrats to him and congrats to Lechner for a great tournament and coming with a great concession speech as well

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Simply great final rack! He showed nerves of steel as he bombed balls in and ran the cue ball around the table, not to mention the jump shot of the match on the two ball. Jayson has matured as a player and is only adding to his already glossy resume (HOF?). Just as important, he is a devoted family man. Gotta root for a man like this to succeed. :thumbup2:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Well after such final rack I guess there are no questions why Jason might be one of the straightest shooters. Amazing rack and some show time at such moment at the very end and definitely deserving champion. Congrats to both players!

I guess there’s no question that you’re a loyal pool fan either.:)

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hit a few balls when the stream was down to see if I could play any better by osmosis. Nope, I still suck! Ha ha ha.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Folks talk about the poor compensation for pool players, but he made in less than 1 week what many PROFESSIONAL teachers make in a year. Just something to think about.

Ģüśţāṿ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you all for the play by play action! I haven't been able to watch due to a business trip and this thread really kept me engaged! We need more of this ☺

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Folks talk about the poor compensation for pool players, but he made in less than 1 week what many PROFESSIONAL teachers make in a year. Just something to think about.

I'd bet a lot of money that the average teacher makes more than the average pro pool player.