International Open

VVP

Registered
Shane played safe and Albin scratched. Still a tough rack. Oh carp he missed and Albin at table.

VVP

Registered
Game over 10-7 Albin. Albin made some uncharacteristic errors in this match so I won't bet on the finals.

VVP

Registered
The finals should be exciting. Whoever makes the least errors should win. Dennis has been making errors early before getting in stride so we have to wait and see.

Last edited:

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When Albin won the World Championship 5 or so years back, I really thought it was a fluke, and that he was way, way, way, overrated. But, he has proven time and time again that it was not.
Orcollo is gonna drill this Albin guy , whoever he is ! Lol

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That trick shot show was great. I wish they had a good camera and mic on it. Did you guys see the early sot Massey did it twice, the second time in slow motion. It was the shot in the side and he said it was not a foul. I never saw that before, not sure how he did it.

mattydrva

Albin owns Shane. He beats him in every big match.
Shane just beat Albin 11-2 last month in Atlantic City deep in the tournament. I remember watching that; Albin never had a chance. Shane put together a few packs and the few times Albin was at the table he never had an offensive shot. He didn't get a single roll in that match and was reduced to a spectator. It's a peculiar game, 9 ball. Both amazing players.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
T
To be fair, I guess Chainakhov has a fair chance of making the final 32 where the payment starts. My consideration of "dead money" players are those with probability less than 50% of making the final 8 (quarter finals). I place players like Chainakhov, Earl etc. in that category regardless of their past prowess. Dead money players are specific to the tournament and the people playing in it. I would not put Chainakhov and Earl in the dead money category for the Turning Stone classic, for example.

Here is Chinakhov's road to the final 8:
vs Robert Sopha 10-3, vs Tuan Chau 10-4, vs Jonathan Pinegar 10-5, vs Josh Roberts 10-6 and vs Bader Al-Awadhi 10-8.

Meanwhile players like Jayson Shaw, Naoyuki Oi, Fedor Gorst, Alex Pagulayan, Lee Van Corteza, Joshua Filler and Alex Kazakis did not make it to the final 8. I would say luck of the draw got Chinakhov to the final 8.

As per Fargo ratings, it has Chinakhov above Justin Bergman, Bustamante, Roberto Gomez, Denis Grabe, Ralf Souquet, Thorsten Hohmann, Omar Al-Shaheen, Chris Melling, John Morra, Mika Immonen, Darren Appleton etc. That speaks for itself, enough said!

Fargo reminds me of the points system for the All-American team in trapshooting. The reasonably good shooters with lots of time on their hand attend many shoots and accumulate points that put them in the top standing for All-American points. However, when the team is chosen, they only take your top 7 scores and a lot of these people fall to the wayside and cannot make the team. ;) BTW, was it supposed to be Fartgo? 😁😁
The length to which some people will go to prove their .........😉