Interview With Road Agent, Bobby Hunt - Part 3 Added

RogerO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Enjoy!

Brian:

I'm about a half hour into the video and had to stop to say thanks for an awesome treat! I first met Bobby when he crushed me in Norwich, CT in the mid 70s. He has always been a gentleman, super nice guy and a pleasure to be around. Thanks to you and Bobby for putting this together. There are a lot of great memories in this gem.

Roger

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A story Bobby Hunt heard 3rd hand:

Louie Roberts and Keith McCready agree to play a set to 10 (or maybe 10 ahead). McCready breaks and runs out 10 racks. Louie breaks down his cue and heads for the door. McCready calls out, "Louie where ya goin?! We can adjust!" Louie responds, "I'm embarrassed to ask what I need to gamble with you some more. And, I'm afraid you might give it to me!"

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Brian, thanks; I second what Roger said above. I was surprised that Carlos Vieira's name didn't come up. He was another terrific player from Connecticut, though maybe about a decade younger than Bobby. I imagine Carlos and Bobby had a few get-togethers of one sort or another.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Good stuff. Covered a lot of topics.

I knew Bobby Hunt's name but only met him for the first time about four weeks ago at Jayson Shaw's poolroom during the party to celebrate Jayson's 714-ball run. Nice guy for sure.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I only met Bobby a time or two, when he hung out in Barry Cameron's booth next to mine at the Expo. Barry spoke very highly of him back then so I watched the entire video. Thanks for sharing.

VarmintKong

Cannonball comin’!
Good stuff Kickin’. I especially liked the story about sleeping in the driveway to pickup the Szamboti cue and then losing it within 5 hours on a table so tight a piece of chalk couldn’t fit between the ball and pocket.

I’d never heard of anyone else wanting to have veneers match their wife’s eyes. Blue, grey and white sound pretty nice. I always wanted to have a Bierbower cue made to match my wife’s hazel eyes; green, light brown, brown. I agree with you, I’d of never gambled the cue. It’s a shame the little woman never got to see it.

“Four ebony points and a steel joint.” Good stuff Kickin’.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Enjoy!

Awesome interview. Bobby seems like a cool guy and I love old pool stories. I listened this morning while making and eating breakfast.

I wanted to see him play and found one short clip from yalebilliards and the sharkstream. Are you involved in that KC? I saw a few links posted from you when I searched sharkstream on here.

Unfortunately the short clip of Bobby hunt is choppy so I couldn’t see his stroke in action. I’m watching some other match right now on there though. I like finding new pool channels.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Awesome interview. Bobby seems like a cool guy and I love old pool stories. I listened this morning while making and eating breakfast.

I wanted to see him play and found one short clip from yalebilliards and the sharkstream. Are you involved in that KC? I saw a few links posted from you when I searched sharkstream on here.

Unfortunately the short clip of Bobby hunt is choppy so I couldn’t see his stroke in action. I’m watching some other match right now on there though. I like finding new pool channels.
Yes they have had me do commentary on the Yale Sharkstream. Have done much of it with Bobby.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Enjoy!

Great interview! I heard Bobby's name a few times but don't think we ever met up anywhere. He had his spots and I had mine. Bobby was mostly East Coast and I stayed out West after I opened my first poolroom. We knew many of the same people though, and his recollections are right on. I love the one about Louie sitting in his car dead broke and loving his pool life. Thats the Louie that I knew and loved. I was fortunate to see Louie do his Elvis impersonation a few times and he was better than anyone else I've ever seen, even the guys who do it on TV. And Louie really looked and acted the part, he was just as handsome as Elvis, and women loved him just as much! A big thank you to Bobby for this interview. He was a pool lifer just like me.

I will watch some more later. I hope he talks about skinny little bell bottomed Toby Sweet from New York, who was beating everybody on the East Coast back then.

Last edited:

Charles M

Registered
Enjoy!

Really enjoyed your interview of Bobby Hunt. You asked relatively brief but very appropriate questions and Bobby answered them without any of the excessive rambling that is present in a lot of interviews. Bobby comes across as completely sincere and honest and was 100% believable. As you well know, too many pool player books and interviews involve outrageous claims of either never either having lost to anybody or ever acknowledging that anybody else might have been better than they were.

Hope you are able to do another one in a similar format. I was previously not familiar with Bobby but as a result of your interview I feel like I know and appreciate him as a former top pool player. One last thing - the audio and video quality was absolutely superb.