Is azb censoring posts?

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Your posts weren't deleted, for, nothing. It was closer to pool related than any NPR thread. I do agree with Chicken on this. Pass it over, simple enough.
FWIW, I agreed with your point and sent you a thumbs up like. I did wonder how long it would be before somebody objected.

When your post was deleted, all subsequent posts that quoted your post were also wiped, regardless of content.

Passing it over don't work in a world full of butt-hurt, grown-ass men or women. The creation of this thread screams that.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I don't know what went down with Mr. Wilson, and it doesn't really matter. I dont know that I always agreed with him, or his actions, either. But I do know the forum was far less unpleasant when he was around.

Yes, that makes me weak, or a snowflake, I suppose. I guess I'm old school enough to pine for the days when people respected each other more, or at least had enough decorum to not express it, poorly. Its merely a blip on the big world out there, where this phenomenon is far more prolific.

Its a shame. And its only gonna get worse, that genie is out of the bottle now. Both here on AZB and in the real world.

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yup, been censured once again as well.

It has happened to me twice, both recently. In this case, I simply made a comment and in came the argument. I don't have time for arguments, just time for a smile and another awesome day.
Arguments are essentially someone expressing a POV that differs from yours. Don't have time to listen to other POVs? Prefer hit-and-run disquisitions? Well . . . I guess that's why blogs are a hugely popular one-way alternative to give and take discussions.

Arnaldo

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
If I delete a post that I deem as political, then I also delete any posts that quote that original post. It wouldn't make much sense to delete the original post, but leave the posts that quote that post.
Makes sense to me but if my post (and HNTFSH) struck you as too political then so should pretty much the rest of the thread so it does come across as inconsistent policing, imo.

The op bringing up a new gov program that will scrutinize pay services like paypal, zelle, etc certainly can impact on cue sellers so to me there is a def pool related aspect to the thread and then to offer one's opinion on possible motivations by the gov for such a program feels to me to be very on topic, as well.

Other members should not confuse anyone being "butt hurt" with being bothered by having our free speech limited. If I spout off with vulgarities or attacks on other members then hell yes, delete my offensive content but if I'm trying to contribute to a thread *respectfully* with an on-topic opinion then please consider letting it stand.

Like HNTFSH stated about himself, I, too, try to be a good member and contributor here on azb. We are a community for pool related discussion and opinion sharing, right?

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Arguments are essentially someone expressing a POV that differs from yours. Don't have time to listen to other POVs? Prefer hit-and-run disquisitions? Well . . . I guess that's why blogs are a hugely popular one-way alternative to give and take discussions.

Arnaldo
Wow, for the record, if I may.

I agreed with the original post and in came Coco demanding a response that was political, I responded with (*^^&*&(%$$# and left it alone.

I received ten likes and smiled.

Who cares if it was removed, it was a silly response and the owner of the site has all rights to remove anything he wants.

Here I am wasting my time on you?

What a waste of time it was to respond in the first place, good day.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Makes sense to me but if my post (and HNTFSH) struck you as too political then so should pretty much the rest of the thread so it does come across as inconsistent policing, imo.

The op bringing up a new gov program that will scrutinize pay services like paypal, zelle, etc certainly can impact on cue sellers so to me there is a def pool related aspect to the thread and then to offer one's opinion on possible motivations by the gov for such a program feels to me to be very on topic, as well.

Other members should not confuse anyone being "butt hurt" with being bothered by having our free speech limited. If I spout off with vulgarities or attacks on other members then hell yes, delete my offensive content but if I'm trying to contribute to a thread *respectfully* with an on-topic opinion then please consider letting it stand.

Like HNTFSH stated about himself, I, too, try to be a good member and contributor here on azb. We are a community for pool related discussion and opinion sharing, right?

best,
brian kc

With all of the politics that were injected into the thread, I considered just deleting the whole thing a couple of times, but I completely agree that the original topic was very much "pool related". That was why I tried to clean out all of the politics and leave the original thread.

Mike

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
1stAmend. only prohibits CONGRESS from limiting free-speech. Does NOT prohibit private individuals, companies, employers from restricting it.
No offense, but "free speech" doesn't apply to private companies.
no offense taken guys but I
'm speaking less of any free speech laws being broken and more to do with appealing to the powers that be to be more open to us sharing our divergent points of view.

That said, it's never lost on me that we are all guests on Jerry & Mike's platform. It doesn't prevent me from appealing to them, however, on things I strongly believe in.

Respectful discourse doesn't have to be a bad thing.

best,
brian kc

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
no offense taken guys but I
'm speaking less of any free speech laws being broken and more to do with appealing to the powers that be to be more open to us sharing our divergent points of view.

That said, it's never lost on me that we are all guests on Jerry & Mike's platform. It doesn't prevent me from appealing to them, however, on things I strongly believe in.

Respectful discourse doesn't have to be a bad thing.

best,
brian kc
I don't have any problem with divergent points of view. My issue is that any conversation that gets political will go off the rails in a hurry. Then we have personal insults between users. We can't disagree with respect anymore. It just quickly becomes a contest to see who can call the other one an idiot in as many different ways as possible. So, I try to clean out the political cancer when it happens.

If everyone can respectfully disagree without taking the conversation political, then all is good.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
With all the bile that's tossed around on this forum, mixed with horrible comprehension skills. I'm the sure powers that be tend to be a tad more 'knee jerk' than exploratory when someone reports a post.

Keep in mind my friends. Perception overrides intention when hurt feelings reports are issued.

Oh, so you hate children.

Jeff Livingston

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FWIW…

Censor - examine (a book, movie, etc.) officially and suppress unacceptable parts of it

Censure - express severe disapproval of (someone or something), especially in a formal statement

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
FWIW…

Censor - examine (a book, movie, etc.) officially and suppress unacceptable parts of it

Censure - express severe disapproval of (someone or something), especially in a formal statement
Oh, in that case, yes!!