Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do wish whirld pro all the success with his deal in wash uh ton dc, I think he will provide more transparency with the adjudication details than the bca/j.s. has with their 626 claim. I really do hope they record some great runs, I am sure honesty will prevail and that any of the top runs will have quality video unimpeded and unedited footage. My favorite quote = ' With Great Power - Comes Great Responsibility', I see zero responsibility or accountability with their theatrical 626 production. I am sure there will be some responsibility with Chamberlain's 14.1 challenge - but bobbie should not have stated in this thread that he would play me in 14.1 - I assume he meant for the $. Some people just need to be a blowheart and sound importet' - while others really mean what they say - I am the ladder of the two.

Danny, the last thing I want to do is get in the middle between you and Bobby but my recollection of my conversation with him was that he had no problem playing you.

He said words to the effect that: he said he'd play and would play. And IMO, Bobby has the skill, the balls, and the money to do it. I'll leave it at that and let you work it out but please don't say he won't play and was just being a blowhard because that would not be untrue. I've seen Bobby play and he is the real deal and no joke.

Lou Figueroa

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny, the last thing I want to do is get in the middle between you and Bobby but my recollection of my conversation with him was that he had no problem playing you.

He said words to the effect that: he said he'd play and would play. And IMO, Bobby has the skill, the balls, and the money to do it. I'll leave it at that and let you work it out but please don't say he won't play and was just being a blowhard because that would not be untrue. I've seen Bobby play and he is the real deal and no joke.

Lou Figueroa
I've seen a scared bobby before.

It wasn't a Chamberlain, I tell you that.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
The only thing I do know is that railing about it as much as you have is not healthy (mentally). You and others are acting like Hillary supporters screaming at the sky for 4 years. You don't like it, film your own high run to top it.
Oh I already did, also it is for sale to the 'Open Public'. My 351 is unedited and will pass the graph test. Do not compare me to hillary for simply asking to see unedited video evidence - that is a no -no little tony. If u choose to be a tool of the fake newser's - that is on u. Do not mock others on this forum who are passionate about 14.1 - and are simply asking to see the so called 626 - in unedited disc form - u will make yerself look incredibly stupid (maybe not the first time 4 u on that).

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Sorry for going off topic. Was just curious what your high run is.

Anyways, I do not think that there are many people out there that would want to sit through, and watch a 626 ball run, so I assume that they are just looking for ways to market it best, so that they could get more sales, showing the run, by doubling, or tripling the speed of it. I like that idea, and I think it sounds cool.

I am sure they would offer the unedited version though, for those who would want to buy it.

I do not know John Schmidt, but he seems like a good and honest person. I do not see any reason why he would lie about the 626 run. It is not like there is much money in it for him to lie about something like that. If there were, then why not just say something like "I ran an 826", and then try to edit it all together.

I also do not see why any Billiard Association would watch the unedited run, and then lie to the public / the fans, saying that it was legit.

Just my opinion, but I think that if someone were to run a 1,000 balls tomorrow, it would not help pools popularity a single bit, nor would it help that person financially very much. For those reasons, why the need to lie about a 14.1 record breaking high run?
Two years after their announcement - still zero unedited footage available of this so called 626 claim. Are u 'still sure they will offer the unedited version though, for those who would want to buy it? Also I disagree with yer opinion that if a top 14.1 player achieved a 1000+ run and caught it on camera - that the player could not sell a ton of videos through Vimeo. So for any who choose to entertain the thought that a 1000 ball run video would not sell like a hotcakes in an unedited disc form yer wrong. In the last 15 years I have made a decent residual income from the 351 - I really did not even try to market it either. This is the longest running thread - directly related to 14.1 Pocket Billiards - in az history - so again yer "nobody really cares argument is uh little weak, I guess u did expand some effort though on trying to downplay a 65+ American Pocket Billiard record - congrats - u did not get too far - in the honesty dept. - just my opinion.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa
well there are four Pro spec Diamond tables here in Springfield, MO - he has been offered 2-1 on the money in a three hundred point set. I won't hold me breath waiting, I think he should - get instroke on those 5' 1'/2" pocket gaffed tables - then he can come to the Ozarks and play me some on the pro spec Diamond lol. If you think he will play - he will not. I originally was on his side - then he included my name with John - pounding his chest - saying he would play either one of us (grouping me in with that bum steer) that was his first mistake, so he gets a check delivered to him - from me - in the form of him getting 2-1 on the cash - in a large set of 14.1 - I have solid steak horse too. I really will play Bank, or 14.1 - I am a man of my word - not a b.s er at all Lou. In fact I might be one of the most straight forward people - in relation to my word being honest and or good. I am just saying if he wants to dance around and pound his chest - he will be forced to defend his statements about competing against me - real quick. I think he would be better off sticking to his 5 1/2" pocket challenge, that will be far more profitable business venture for him. He can get 2-1 on the $ here in Ozarks in a 300 point set on the Pro spec Daimond - no joke.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Sounds like DH is declaring that any record set at rancho world pro doesn't meet his criteria...at least we know up front instead of 687 posts into it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

9ballscorpion

Two years after their announcement - still zero unedited footage available of this so called 626 claim. Are u 'still sure they will offer the unedited version though, for those who would want to buy it? Also I disagree with yer opinion that if a top 14.1 player achieved a 1000+ run and caught it on camera - that the player could not sell a ton of videos through Vimeo. So for any who choose to entertain the thought that a 1000 ball run video would not sell like a hotcakes in an unedited disc form yer wrong. In the last 15 years I have made a decent residual income from the 351 - I really did not even try to market it either. This is the longest running thread - directly related to 14.1 Pocket Billiards - in az history - so again yer "nobody really cares argument is uh little weak, I guess u did expand some effort though on trying to downplay a 65+ American Pocket Billiard record - congrats - u did not get too far - in the honesty dept. - just my opinion.

How many die hard fans of 14.1 Pool are out there? I can only imagine that only die hard fans of the game would care to watch a 626 ball run of 14.1. I think it is a great game, but it is so boring to watch. I would much rather watch a good 1 Pocket match, which can also get pretty boring, then sit through a very long 14.1 high run. I think that watching 8 ball is the most interesting game to watch, and think that it would be much more interesting to watch a player break and run 30 racks of 8 ball.

So, for this reason, I personally do not understand why the 626 ball run is still not available to the public after 2 years. If I ran 626, breaking the world record, then I would want to put it out there for anyone who would be interested to see it. Maybe put it online, with a password required, and charge a $10 viewing fee, with unlimited views for life. Make it so that only 1 IP address can use that password, if something like that is possible, to avoid password sharing with others. He probably could have made some decent money off of the video over the last 2 years, sharing the video, for a small fee.

By the way, I have not read through these 154 pages, or whatever, but I assume that it is mostly just the regulars replying, with back and forth arguments.

When was the last time that 14.1 was really popular? The 60's? I assume that the popularity really died at around the same time that 9 ball started getting really popular in the early 80's(?), and even in the 60's, 14.1 was probably not nearly as popular as it was back in Ralph Greenleaf's prime.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well there are four Pro spec Diamond tables here in Springfield, MO - he has been offered 2-1 on the money in a three hundred point set. I won't hold me breath waiting, I think he should - get instroke on those 5' 1'/2" pocket gaffed tables - then he can come to the Ozarks and play me some on the pro spec Diamond lol. If you think he will play - he will not. I originally was on his side - then he included my name with John - pounding his chest - saying he would play either one of us (grouping me in with that bum steer) that was his first mistake, so he gets a check delivered to him - from me - in the form of him getting 2-1 on the cash - in a large set of 14.1 - I have solid steak horse too. I really will play Bank, or 14.1 - I am a man of my word - not a b.s er at all Lou. In fact I might be one of the most straight forward people - in relation to my word being honest and or good. I am just saying if he wants to dance around and pound his chest - he will be forced to defend his statements about competing against me - real quick. I think he would be better off sticking to his 5 1/2" pocket challenge, that will be far more profitable business venture for him. He can get 2-1 on the $ here in Ozarks in a 300 point set on the Pro spec Daimond - no joke.
I hope bobby cashes that check. Gonna take a few backers to meet the post too, btw.

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, Danny, that’s all fine with me.

But I will tell you that I just spent an hour talking to Bobby and his version of your interactions is quite different. In any case, we spent most of the time talking about the logistics of his project and I feel it will be a great opportunity for those players that are invited and choose to participate.

Lou Figueroa
Lou -- If you happen to have heard when talking to Bobby, does he -- and whatever assistants-- plan on taping the proceedings? Does sound like a very commendable project on Bobby's part.

Arnaldo

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Long live the 626, I for one am glad the challenge is over , no one will ever match this amazing feat of billiard prowess and amazing determination. Willie was out there every night because he was getting a paycheck from it,
John did it just to prove to himself, and everyone else that he could, and at considerable cost to himself in time and money just to try to achieve it .
I think it is silly to expect him to to let people see it for free.
I think he should try to have a movie made about it.
Even I would pay to see that! Way to go John!

ExilePreacher

Equal Opportunity Gadfly
Silver Member
Fake news: a weak bond created by the absurd.

No seriously I support “Stop the Whine”. It’s a good cause. I’m ExilePreacher and I approve this message.

Disclaimer: on all other matters PJ can “know” (KJV English definition) himself or any animal of his choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou -- If you happen to have heard when talking to Bobby, does he -- and whatever assistants-- plan on taping the proceedings? Does sound like a very commendable project on Bobby's part.

Arnaldo

Yes, I believe the attempts will be archived, as well as streamed live, Arnaldo.

He is also making an effort to have two cameras focused on each table.

Lou Figueroa

ExilePreacher

Equal Opportunity Gadfly
Silver Member
No seriously I support “Stop the Whine”. It’s a good cause. I’m ExilePreacher and I approve this message.

Disclaimer: on all other matters PJ can “know” (KJV English definition) himself or any animal of his choice.

Actually that’s not true either now that I think of it. Like PJ, I totally don’t get “The Aiming Method That Must Not Be Named”. I don’t attack it like him but I certainly don’t understand how it could be valid either. Ok, enough support for PJ, I’ve already vomited into my mouth a little.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Yes, I believe the attempts will be archived, as well as streamed live, Arnaldo.

He is also making an effort to have two cameras focused on each table.

Lou Figueroa
But Danny has already pre-invalidated based on what he thinks he knows about the pocket size of tables not even in existance and the fact that he won't be there..so why bother if it doesn't earn the DH gold forehead star?

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But Danny has already pre-invalidated based on what he thinks he knows about the pocket size of tables not even in existance and the fact that he won't be there..so why bother if it doesn't earn the DH gold forehead star?

Still, I think BC will soldier on to see if he can capture a verifiable world record.

Lou Figueroa

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Like PJ, I totally don’t get “The Aiming Method That Must Not Be Named”. I don’t attack it like him but I certainly don’t understand how it could be valid either.
I "get" CTE (better than those who use it), and I don't attack it - in fact I've pointed out many times that it works like every other aiming system.

I "attack" the absurd claims made about how it works, as I would with any other system that did the same. Except CTE is the only system that does that.

pj
chgo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.