Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I have a 'semi' answer

Honestly even I’m confused. What exact record does John Schmidt have now?
The all time highest run is 768 by Babe Cranfield.
An exhibition is a scheduled event with a day and starting time where people have special seating and often buy tickets to see.
That would be 526 by Willie Mosconi.
John certainly has the record for high run on 760 Simonis felt as I don’t know anyone who has even a 100 ball run on 760 or even trued because it’s so easy.
John definitely has the highest runs on video for sure. Honestly how many players record their practice runs.
As for all the free live streaming John did for the 6 months why was the 626 not on a stream?
How much money has John made so far from the 626..
John could release the unedited video or sell the rights to it and maybe make 10k-30k or at least could have but might be to late for that.
I’d personally send him a few hundred to see the unedited video which is more than the 50 bucks he got from just a few people. Who else would pay to see the unedited video? Maybe we all can get together and get a bunch of funds together to get him to make copies for all of us and send send all out at one time so it wouldn’t matter if anyone makes copies.
So what’s the price needed to do this?

I do have a semi public answer, charlie told john he could get him on board with this new cue sponsor - hill of fame deal - if he could surpass the Great Mosconi's 526 on tape. Now the question for enquiring 14.1 minds is - 'is it live or memorex'? Memorex can get a little complicated when there is not much accountability - for sports record keeping sake and those who adjudicate these claims - there should be ANOTHER ADJUDICATOR besides the (bca commision). The fact that some bureaucrat over at bca substantiated the claim has zero merit to me - they might not even play 14.1. He tried during the live stream for months to do this but after a few rough skids - and hall of fame deadline closing fast decided to make a shifty business decision and create the semi public/private mystery tape, cause if no tape surpassing 526 = no ticky to hall of fame and new cue sponsor (charlie was already sponsored with em) This is just one possible theory but that is the pattern I see from John and charlie's behind closed doors mystery tape now. I would add that the good guys don't hide. when i saw em both at charlies last 14.1 event in nyc I saw he and sdchmidt were fixin to make a possible shady business move - and they did - with no accountability other than bca aka (beaurocratic corruption of america).

Last edited:

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
An exhibition is a scheduled event with a day and starting time where people have special seating and often buy tickets to see.
John certainly has the record for high run on 760 Simonis felt as I don’t know anyone who has even a 100 ball run on 760 or even trued because it’s so easy.
John definitely has the highest runs on video for sure. Honestly how many players record their practice runs.
As for all the free live streaming John did for the 6 months why was the 626 not on a stream?
How much money has John made so far from the 626..
John could release the unedited video or sell the rights to it and maybe make 10k-30k or at least could have but might be to late for that.
I’d personally send him a few hundred to see the unedited video which is more than the 50 bucks he got from just a few people. Who else would pay to see the unedited video? Maybe we all can get together and get a bunch of funds together to get him to make copies for all of us and send send all out at one time so it wouldn’t matter if anyone makes copies.
So what’s the price needed to do this?

They don't/want to realize it, but you're killing them...:D

rburgoyne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If u no play 14.1 - i really am not interested in your input (playing 14.1 on phone i.e. video game - does not count). I should have stated this before. Thanks for the honest thoughts.

You don't have to play 14-1 to understand basic math. Some of the ones who play said they count 15 per rack. I guess that must be right since they play and I don't.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
You don't have to play 14-1 to understand basic math. Some of the ones who play said they count 15 per rack. I guess that must be right since they play and I don't.

Started out playing straight pool and using the beads to keep score,...the rack count goes in multiples of 14...one rack = 14 balls, two racks = 28 balls..etc..

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Started out playing straight pool and using the beads to keep score,...the rack count goes in multiples of 14...one rack = 14 balls, two racks = 28 balls..etc..

And claiming a legit run of 626 on video and not releasing an unedited video for sale at any price to the public and Billiard community equals BS now. Pool players will do about anything to make a buck when possible and here was an opportunity for John to make plenty. It’s ok stay broke John Schmidt stay broke.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
14.1 players olney

At least u know bout how good Jeff's cues play. You did figure that out.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
normal marketing

I asked a friend how I should market my 351 on the goldcrown 4 3/4 pockets non altered table, he said a teaser video on youtube with a link to where they could purchase it was the way to go. I decided to have az's own Dmglwalsh help me out. He did a good job and I did make - and continue to get receive royalty's from this tape - that is available for 'general public' to see. If I did start recording runs again and surpassed Mosconi's record (beating the adversarial skid) - It would have been out for the public to view, i would have felt bad about making a claim and then hiding the evidence from the general public i.e. 'open public' or as John's says the World. I noticed on john's promo video for his new sponsor he said if someone ever did beat his so called record he would want to see the tape - there is a ring of truth there at least.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
gracias

Yes, love my Olney cue, got lucky when I decided to buy it.

Watching one of your 14-1 videos at the moment... you hit them pretty good.

It is the result of many hrs at the table - and welling study. I never used to like to practice back when competing on 9 ball tours. I can tell you 14.1 is the most enjoyable and worthwhile discipline in Pocket Billiards to practice.

Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is the result of many hrs at the table - and welling study. I never used to like to practice back when competing on 9 ball tours. I can tell you 14.1 is the most enjoyable and worthwhile discipline in Pocket Billiards to practice.

Many great players agree with this.

Hope
Your
Well

Fatboy

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

No argument here on that one.

Is Schmidt at the Derby?

BFjax

Decious
This is not entirely accurate, all we are saying is give releasing the video to the public a chance. The bca is one of his hidden sponsors so again if i am being negative for wanting to see evidence of this grandiose claim - I might be the most negative person you ever tried to correlate wit. Also the 400 + he ran at q-masters - I saw the table dead facings, + the table had been seriously altered at the slate - near corners - easiest table I ever saw. Your kindy a smoothy but not so fast. your not a purist -just one of the machines with eloquent smoke and mirrors - nor would you want the tape to be released - for inspection eh?
Well, Danny... while I may not be the purist in terms of dedication to 14.1, as compared to you, I can assure you I'm a purist when it comes to our game as a whole, in all its various forms.

In regards to "negativity", I was just suggesting that you consider outsiders looking in on our sport... and instead, as a talented and gifted player, use your prowess as a respected ambassador of 14.1, to get more people involved in learning about straight pool.

Without trying to start a debate on CW, and his annual 14.1 tournament, I just want to share with you that I was sceptical of the move from NY to FL. I didn't think Jax had the following to support straight pool. Let me be the first to say I was wrong. It was encouraging to see the interest and support of local players... and irregardless of sponsors and/or H.O.F. inductions... any interest and support in our sport is gladly welcomed... which is why I agreed to host the first large crowd showing of John's video.

Look, I understand your concerns, and personally agree that the video should be made available sooner than later. In John's defense, I think this is a case of still trying to figure out how to market and monetize... and before you comment on that, there is nothing wrong with monetizing success... professional pool players don't make enough money as it is, so they need to cash in wherever and whenever possible... you, of all people, should understand that. In your defense, I don't see you as jealous or negative... but instead, as a player who is a bit overprotective of his passion. That's isn't necessarily a bad thing, but again, as an outsider looking in, I'm just suggesting you use that energy for more positivity.

Finally, I would like to invite you to swing by my store the next time you are in the area. I promise you won't find any smoke or mirrors... just honest passion for pool and the industry as a whole... and if that makes me a machine, then I just might be the best machine you've ever met.

-Erik

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I feel like the BCA screwed both the pooch and Willie out of his record, even if John did run the 626, different scenarios. The more I hear, the less this sounded like an exhibition.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny, we can certainly agree on that point! For long solo practice sessions, there is no other game that comes anywhere remotely close to the enjoyment of 14.1.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No argument here on that one.

Is Schmidt at the Derby?

That’s the REAL question. Speaks volumes of this whole thing.

For the record I have no knowledge and no opinion about it.

This could go down in history as the only post out of my loud mouth with no opinion.

Good luck to all
Fatboy

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
deer' mr. whimsical

Well, Danny... while I may not be the purist in terms of dedication to 14.1, as compared to you, I can assure you I'm a purist when it comes to our game as a whole, in all its various forms.

In regards to "negativity", I was just suggesting that you consider outsiders looking in on our sport... and instead, as a talented and gifted player, use your prowess as a respected ambassador of 14.1, to get more people involved in learning about straight pool.

Without trying to start a debate on CW, and his annual 14.1 tournament, I just want to share with you that I was sceptical of the move from NY to FL. I didn't think Jax had the following to support straight pool. Let me be the first to say I was wrong. It was encouraging to see the interest and support of local players... and irregardless of sponsors and/or H.O.F. inductions... any interest and support in our sport is gladly welcomed... which is why I agreed to host the first large crowd showing of John's video.
Look, I understand your concerns, and personally agree that the video should be made available sooner than later. In John's defense, I think this is a case of still trying to figure out how to market and monetize... and before you comment on that, there is nothing wrong with monetizing success... professional pool players don't make enough money as it is, so they need to cash in wherever and whenever possible... you, of all people, should understand that. In your defense, I don't see you as jealous or negative... but instead, as a player who is a bit overprotective of his passion. That's isn't necessarily a bad thing, but again, as an outsider looking in, I'm just suggesting you use that energy for more positivity.

Finally, I would like to invite you to swing by my store the next time you are in the area. I promise you won't find any smoke or mirrors... just honest passion for pool and the industry as a whole... and if that makes me a machine, then I just might be the best machine you've ever met.

-Erik

I disagree bout the part where you state i am being overprotective, I am a 'pro detective' in relation to 14.1 however and to make the claim and not share it with public (hide) is ludicrous. The more I hear bout he could not figure out how to monetize or or market it - the more I hear talk bout pool players don't make enough $ pattern. Those are weak punches to throw at 70 yr old well established record (with 15 signed signatures) - plus I think if Mosconi were alive he would want to see the tape as well. The real truth is he should not have made such a grandiose claim - without having evidence to back it up or at least a better business plan than this (dividing public - only 'semi public' are allowed to view)?. I guess I can label u the semi public machine - bad robot. As you may have SEEN and heard - Kipchoge (Kenya) broke the two hr barrier in Marathon in a non traditional race format recently. While his team had conditions a bit doctored (as John did 5" pockets and no telling what else) at least Kipchoge did not hide the video - he truly did want the world to see he could do it. These are not just my concerns and if you do not practice 14.1 on regular basis (i bet u do not) - u have zero chance in understanding my concerns, there are many others who see there is a problem with charlie, john's/bca possible deception here.

So again I think 'the unsure on how to market it' - is just a stall tactic for not allowing proper chain of command to inspect the tape. It is the bca's, charlie and schmidt's product so they can do what they want - unfortunately - I guess if I had a few friends or connections in the media since I have had some success in well known 14.1 events I could claim to run 1026 and then slowly tell the world im not ready to release the video (after almost a year) oh except to the semi public billiard outlet yuppie's? I do appreciate yer candor, however yer really not even close to the best machine - i ever met. What you very possibly are is a fall out guy for a corrupt business - that might fail, eloquent or not. John and charlie should retire from professional swindling and I hear he may never release the video to the general public - top players will laugh at him - as they should for trying this media experiment on enthusiastic 14.1 players. I have seen him throw chalk at me (after he snookered himself) and admit to trying to upset me. under pressure and with a formidable opponent - he does not just lose - he gets beat. One thing I am learning is they (the powers at b hiding the tape from geek squad) have a reason - I believe it may be a corrupt one at that. I bet any amount u do have at least one mirror at yer billiard outlet - the smoke u have gets released here on az. thanks for the invitation - i'm not interested in meeting another billiard outlet store worker. A true machine would be the graph that can see inaccuracy's in digital deception (Good Robot) secret - secret they got a secret. obviously charlie, john, bca would not want that product released to the general public - billiard outlet eric. I just say this in the general public's defense - I would guess that most of the 'semi public' would have trouble potting a ball in the ocean. The ol Conquer and Divide scheme eh, well yall may have divided (semi public vs general public) but most of the pool world still considers Willie Moscon'is 526 to be the legit record.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.