Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWOFORPOOL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Woot woot! I’ll play you some hundred sets to 125 and some one pocket too

You been watching like an eagle

I am 66 years old and I have locals who think I can't play anymore and wants to bet a 100. I told them I wouldn't get out of my chair for less than 500 and I am just a ball banger. To ask somebody who claims to run 311 to play for 100 is a joke. I am still laughing.

TWOFORPOOL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it’s best to get this back to the original subject about the so called 626 run.Jazzy I assure you that I would heist you if we played anything. Texas carom thanks for knocking my action. At least you only gave him a link to a small high run.

I am old school and I don't knock anybody's action! Sorry Texas carom. I just thought it was funny.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I am 66 years old and I have locals who think I can't play anymore and wants to bet a 100. I told them I wouldn't get out of my chair for less than 500 and I am just a ball banger. To ask somebody who claims to run 311 to play for 100 is a joke. I am still laughing.

Don’t break a rib :thumbup:

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...Can anyone name 1 tournament or event that uses 760 Simonis anywhere?

Am I mistaken, or wasn’t that the cloth on the 9’ Diamonds used for the recent 14.1 tournament in Virginia Beach? (also Duramith balls). Several 150 & out runs on tight pockets. No 860 for me!

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The unintended consequence of this thread is Schmidt's run is being kept in the news.

Yeah, it's really up there in the news now.

I think it is knocking the impeachment off the air at MSNBC, CNN, ABC, and the rest.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am 66 years old and I have locals who think I can't play anymore and wants to bet a 100. I told them I wouldn't get out of my chair for less than 500 and I am just a ball banger. ....

The aneurysm in my aorta is still all ballooned up and ready to send me to the great unknown, but I might be able to muster up enough "heart" to try you for $100 Bob, you ol banger. :duck: :thumbup:

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it is knocking the impeachment off the air at MSNBC, CNN, ABC, and the rest.
Seems apparent that "Impeachment" in the commonplace courtroom sense (testimony dilution) was obviously the precise intention for the OP starting this thread.

Arnaldo

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
eh no

I don't play 14-1 but I think this is accurate.

The first rack only has 14 balls. Every rack after has 14 too. One ball left over from the previous rack + the 14 in the rack - the one you leave.

If u no play 14.1 - i really am not interested in your input (playing 14.1 on phone i.e. video game - does not count). I should have stated this before. Thanks for the honest thoughts.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Although John may have the record now, I think Willie's accomplishment will always be more monumental for the reasons you laid out in this post. Unless of course John does it again and in a more similar manner as Willie.

Excellent post.

just how would he do that? travelling from town to town, setting up exhibitions in an age where there are zero interest in paying to watch pool exhibitions live? he would need time travel to beat the record then

in our time, the streamed and recorded video is the audience.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
If u no play 14.1 - i really am not interested in your input (playing 14.1 on phone i.e. video game - does not count). I should have stated this before. Thanks for the honest thoughts.
Good point, nobody who isn't at least a 250 ball runner could possibly do a basic math problem.

Sent from the future.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
yep

Danny as I said before who goes through all the non sense of recording their practice. I certainly have nothing to prove and don't need to profit from anything. I did record a few runs soon after because people requested. It was very loud and with a lot of distractions at Hardtimes where I put 2 Diamond tables in.I do have a 229 I still need to upload and when I find it I will put in on youtube. It would be nice to have Cranfields 768 on video but they didn't have much video or youtube back then. BTW Cranfield holds the highest run. Why would Schmidts so called legit run be considered different that Cranfields? Same thing no opponent and no tickets sold at the front door. Cranfields would have been much harder with out setting up perfect conditions and just during a practice session.

That is not the first I have heard about Cranfield's 768 - from reliable sources. All billiards I practice now uh days is on the 10' table. I have seen some footage of your 14.1 game - so I know you play well.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Although John may have the record now,

Excellent post.

Honestly even I’m confused. What exact record does John Schmidt have now?
The all time highest run is 768 by Babe Cranfield.
An exhibition is a scheduled event with a day and starting time where people have special seating and often buy tickets to see.
That would be 526 by Willie Mosconi.
John certainly has the record for high run on 760 Simonis felt as I don’t know anyone who has even a 100 ball run on 760 or even trued because it’s so easy.
John definitely has the highest runs on video for sure. Honestly how many players record their practice runs.
As for all the free live streaming John did for the 6 months why was the 626 not on a stream?
How much money has John made so far from the 626..
John could release the unedited video or sell the rights to it and maybe make 10k-30k or at least could have but might be to late for that.
I’d personally send him a few hundred to see the unedited video which is more than the 50 bucks he got from just a few people. Who else would pay to see the unedited video? Maybe we all can get together and get a bunch of funds together to get him to make copies for all of us and send send all out at one time so it wouldn’t matter if anyone makes copies.
So what’s the price needed to do this?

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I also watched the 4+ hours of unedited video with voice over. In all honesty, I was concerned that it might actually feel like watching paint dry... but in the end, I have to tell you... with John, and some of his friends describing what you are watching, as you are watching it... the time flew by, and it was entertaining! Listen, while the first few racks to set the mood, followed by watching 527 sink, and then 627 miss, might actually be enough to watch, there is something to be said about watching the entirety of the feat... which was vetted as genuine by the BCA. I don't know about you, but pool has enough negativity from the outside... from those that don't understand the pure joy that our game offers... from those that still shout:

Trouble, oh we got trouble,
Right here in River City!
With a capital "T"
That rhymes with "P"
And that stands for POOL!

Look, I don't know the op, nor am I trying to stir the pot. Furthermore, I'm all for freedom of speech, and am using my right to comment... but I have to question the initial drive for this posted topic. And while it has been entertaining to read, it seems best defined by a definition I found on dictionary.com:

jealousy [ jel-uh-see ]

noun, plural jeal·ous·ies

1. jealous resentment against a rival, a person enjoying success or advantage, etc., or against another's success or advantage itself.

2. mental uneasiness from suspicion or fear of rivalry, unfaithfulness, etc., as in love or aims.

3. vigilance in maintaining or guarding something.

4. a jealous feeling, disposition, state, or mood.

p.s. I find some irony in definition #2... as it pertains to "aims"

-Erik

This is not entirely accurate, all we are saying is give releasing the video to the public a chance. The bca is one of his hidden sponsors so again if i am being negative for wanting to see evidence of this grandiose claim - I might be the most negative person you ever tried to correlate wit. Also the 400 + he ran at q-masters - I saw the table dead facings, + the table had been seriously altered at the slate - near corners - easiest table I ever saw. Your kindy a smoothy but not so fast. your not a purist -just one of the machines with eloquent smoke and mirrors - nor would you want the tape to be released - for inspection eh?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.