Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
more conjecture

What do you think "the truth" is exactly?

I think the tape should have been released on YouTube a long time ago and posted as such before any of the conspiracy theory talk started. But despite the small and fervent peanut gallery's consistent aspersions against the 626, there exists substantially more evidence that nothing untoward happened than there exists evidence that something nefarious did.

John had made super long runs of 400 plus multiple times over a period of years, with people watching on stream and in person. In the immediate run-up to 626 he came closer and closer over time, including a run stopped by the bizarre Ghost of Willie shot at 434. Bob Jewett and others went through the probabilities in the weeks before the 626 and came to the conclusion that it was only a matter of time that Schmidt would reach 527 given his performances leading up to the run. Afterward, people have watched the run at screening events. The BCA watched the run and signed off.

On the other side, there is no evidence, only suggestions and speculation. The best argument, which is in reality a political argument, is that "we haven't seen the tape." That's not actually evidence that there is something wrong with the run - it's simply the absence of a piece of positive evidence. Anyone paying attention would realize that John holding the tape while he tries to figure out a way to make money off of it is not evidence of the run being false. It's evidence of him wanting to make money. Everything else is just speculation.

But hey, if being a contrarian makes you happy then contrary away. Schmidt probably loves it that he has a small group of people keeping his name on the forum and keeping 626 in the spotlight.

keep whistling through yer teeth, I notice u never stated if U think the run is legit? It is really a yes or no question, my inquiry bout the legitimacy or integrity of the tape - is NOT a trick question. I can assure u skippity do dah that he did not love it the last time he tried to win against me in 14.1 - non phony table 41/4 pro specs and there is un edited proof that backs up my statement. Yer right bout 1 thing - the bca did 'sign off', this thread has been viewed from 30,000 'truth seekers' not exactly what I would call a small group. Ok not all of those really care anythin bout the truth - but i would like to think the majority do. I notice u like to celebrate or glorify top world champion (Rifleman) when he made a mistake - is this cause you are so bitter from having never made a top player yerself'? I would have to answer a simple yes. The more time elapses the worse it looks for team schmitt and his smoky mirror hidden tape fiasco.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
keep whistling through yer teeth, I notice u never stated if you think the run is legit? It is really a yes or no question, my inquiry bout the legitimacy or integrity of the tape - is NOT a trick question. I can assure u skippity do dah that he did not love it the last time he tried to win against me in 14.1 - non phony table 41/4 pro specs and there is un edited proof that backs up my statement. Yer right bout 1 thing - the bca did 'sign off', this thread has been viewed from 30,000 'truth seekers' not exactly what I would call a small group. Ok not all of those really care anythin bout the truth - but i would like to think the majority do. I notice u like to celebrate or glorify top world champion (Rifleman) when he made a mistake - is this cause you are so bitter from having never made a top player yerself'? I would have to answer a simple yes. The more time elapses the worse it looks for team schmitt and his smoky mirror hidden tape fiasco.

Cookoo
Cookoo

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It really is so simple, isn't it?

I think the tape should have been released on YouTube a long time ago and posted as such before any of the conspiracy theory talk started. But despite the small and fervent peanut gallery's consistent aspersions against the 626, there exists substantially more evidence that nothing untoward happened than there exists evidence that something nefarious did.

John had made super long runs of 400 plus multiple times over a period of years, with people watching on stream and in person. In the immediate run-up to 626 he came closer and closer over time, including a run stopped by the bizarre Ghost of Willie shot at 434. Bob Jewett and others went through the probabilities in the weeks before the 626 and came to the conclusion that it was only a matter of time that Schmidt would reach 527 given his performances leading up to the run. Afterward, people have watched the run at screening events. The BCA watched the run and signed off.

On the other side, there is no evidence, only suggestions and speculation. The best argument, which is in reality a political argument, is that "we haven't seen the tape." That's not actually evidence that there is something wrong with the run - it's simply the absence of a piece of positive evidence. Anyone paying attention would realize that John holding the tape while he tries to figure out a way to make money off of it is not evidence of the run being false. It's evidence of him wanting to make money. Everything else is just speculation.

But hey, if being a contrarian makes you happy then contrary away. Schmidt probably loves it that he has a small group of people keeping his name on the forum and keeping 626 in the spotlight.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Don't bet on it

Wow. That's the pot calling the kettle black. How many of your posts are of the "broken record" variety?

I see your signature says you are one of the best - perhaps Mr. 626 is a little better? No?

Maybe you break a record so your name is at the top of the list...

-td [edit: I don't care if the tape is genuine.]

I have studied his game extensively - He is a great player with much talent - my patterns are better - and he does not have any more knowledge than me, plus I am still learning and I hit the ball more honest. I do notice yer effort to change subject - not give yer honest opinion from why they choose to hide the evidence however - trying to get me to talk bout meself :)- as I said before - not so fast ex-lax.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have studied his game extensively - He is a great player with much talent - my patterns are better - and he does not hit the ball better or have any more knowledge than me. I do notice yer effort to change subject from why they choose to hide the evidence however - as I said before - not so fast ex-lax.

Desire to benefit financially.
Desire to benefit financially.

Surely you know how important the dollar is?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

There is a difference between being a skeptic and a contrarian.

So what’s the truth? I don’t know and neither do you. The evidence is video that JS will not put out in unedited format for general release, for what is at this point in the proceedings dubious reasons. Recently we have learned that the well touted “BCA certification” of the run was accomplished by just two guys at the BCA office who may very well not know how to screw together a two-piece pool cue. Viewing has been limited with little to no word from anyone who isn’t family, friend, or fan. Who knows what we will learn next?

As to your suggestion that all publicity is good publicity, after many years in the PR bizaness I can assure that that is not so. Just ask Jussie Smollett.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a difference between being a skeptic and a contrarian.

So what’s the truth? I don’t know and neither do you. The evidence is video that JS will not put out in unedited format for general release, for what is at this point in the proceedings dubious reasons. Recently we have learned that the well touted “BCA certification” of the run was accomplished by just two guys at the BCA office who may very well not know how to screw together a two-piece pool cue. Viewing has been limited with little to no word from anyone who isn’t family, friend, or fan. Who knows what we will learn next?

As to your suggestion that all publicity is good publicity, after many years in the PR bizaness I can assure that that is not so. Just ask Jussie Smollett.

Lou Figueroa
Yeah, because debate over a pool record is just like committing a felony by faking an attack against yourself and lying to the police about it. :rolleyes:

I didn't say all publicity is good publicity. I did say that having a small cadre of dead-enders make self-owning, lame arguments that keep a widely accepted achievement in the spotlight is good publicity.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
once u done dancin do U have opinion

Yeah, because debate over a pool record is just like committing a felony by faking an attack against yourself and lying to the police about it. :rolleyes:

I didn't say all publicity is good publicity. I did say that having a small cadre of dead-enders make self-owning, lame arguments that keep a widely accepted achievement in the spotlight is good publicity.

Are you going to answer the question bout whether or not you think the 626 is legit? 'I don't know' or don't care would be a Rodent answer after all the time u invested in this thread or what I would consider a 'hidden tape' tape answer. So that would be null and void i.e. dancin' around my original question. Do you think schmit and charlies 626 is legit skip 100?

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you going to answer the question bout whether or not you think the 626 is legit? 'I don't know' or don't care would be a Rodent answer after all the time u invested in this thread or what I would consider a 'hidden tape' tape answer. So that would be null and void i.e. dancin' around my original question. Do you think schmit and charlies 626 is legit skip 100?
Yes, that's what the evidence suggests.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Well, now you’re just being silly.

Of course it’s not the same but the point remains that keeping your name in the spotlight isn’t always a good thing because sometimes, the longer that goes on, more and more of the truth emerges and you may not like what comes to light.

And guess what? The fact that this thread is still going with the number of views it has shows (among many things, lol) there is interest in the OPs’ question: is it legit?

Lou Figueroa

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You’ve made my point: it suggests, it does not prove.

Lou Figueroa

I think most of those who haven't seen the run would agree we aren't 100% sure.

As I have mentioned before, your position on the matter seems rational: reserve 100% acceptance until the vid is seen.

Those two statements seem largely aligned.

As mentioned repetitively in this thread, there is a preponderance of documented evidence that indicates 626 was reached, while there are uneducated statements, outright lies and everything in between to support the no-626 claim...with the lack of publically released video being the cornerstone of that position.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

As I have mentioned before, your position on the matter seems rational: reserve 100% acceptance until the vid is seen.

As mentioned repetitively in this thread, there is a preponderance of documented evidence that indicates 626 was reached, while there are uneducated statements, outright lies and everything in between to support the no-626 claim...with the lack of publically released video being the cornerstone of that position.
I disagree and think statements like describing those who push back on the conspiracy-tinged lines as “whistling past the graveyard” imply clearly that he has major doubts, even though those doubts are not actually supported by any evidence thus far.

aaronataylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's been over six months since he officially broke the record. If there was anything suspicious about it, we would have heard rumblings about it by now from one of the people who witnessed it or someone else involved.

Until someone can provide proof of wrongdoing, John's 626 is legit and will continue to be celebrated by the vast majority of the pool community. Myself included.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I disagree and think statements like describing those who push back on the conspiracy-tinged lines as “whistling past the graveyard” imply clearly that he has major doubts, even though those doubts are not actually supported by any evidence thus far.

I hear ya.

But I don't think Lou's % of doubt is 100...he just wants 100 to accept it.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Those “who haven’t seen the run” is virtually everybody here.

Lou Figueroa

Status
Not open for further replies.