Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
#1) Well, I can't believe this thread has gone on almost 100 pages now.

#2) In any event, even if Schmidt's record is in the books with an asterisk - it'll still be in the books. 10 / 20 / 30 / 50 [whatever] years from now, someone will still be able to look back and see his name. Like most other things in life, I'm pretty sure this thread will be long forgotten...

#3) see #1

-td

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you ever find a 20 yo kid with no job living in the parent’s house. Checks all being cashed, parents nowhere to be found? That’d be a creepy conversation

There's no conversation with the kid if the payee isn't found.

just a letter informing payments are stopped untill the payee presents in person.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
#2) In any event, even if Schmidt's record is in the books with an - it'll still be in the books. 10 / 20 / 30 / 50 [whatever] years from now, someone will still be able to look back and see his name. Like most other things in life, I'm pretty sure this thread will be long forgotten...

-td

What exactly would the asterisk say?

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
There's no conversation with the kid if the payee isn't found.

just a letter informing payments are stopped untill the payee presents in person.

Don’t ruin my fantasy bro. You had to knock on the door and talk to this patricidal chunky gamer at some time during the initial welfare check of the payee. I can see it now

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm looking forward to the DVD. It will be interesting to see how many side of the rack break shots he had compared to others.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Did you ever find a 20 yo kid with no job living in the parent’s house. Checks all being cashed, parents nowhere to be found? That’d be a creepy conversation

20 year olds, 40 year olds, and 60 year olds. Come in all sizes and ages. When that check starts coming in, for years, and in some cases decades, nobody wants to give it up... EVER. lol

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Personal, lol.

Lou Figueroa
funny stuff

They say the guilty dog always barks first.

Lou, you do realize sir that I didn't direct that post toward you.

If I direct a specific post toward a specific person, I will for sure put said person's name in the post.

Not saying you can't reply to any of my post without your name being mentioned. Just making it clear since online conversations can/do get misconstrued more often than not.

In the end, you/me/we like or dislike what we choose to and as long as we live in a (mostly) free country, well...go for it. Plenty of good men and women have died to make sure we have that right.

Jeff

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don’t ruin my fantasy bro. You had to knock on the door and talk to this patricidal chunky gamer at some time during the initial welfare check of the payee. I can see it now

Haha... All the insurance cares about his not paying money it doesn't have to. They dont really care to hear the story... We already know everybody has one.

Imma get mine. I believe that the gist of all the fraudsters' tales.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They say the guilty dog always barks first.

Lou, you do realize sir that I didn't direct that post toward you.

If I direct a specific post toward a specific person, I will for sure put said person's name in the post.

Not saying you can't reply to any of my post without your name being mentioned. Just making it clear since online conversations can/do get misconstrued more often than not.

In the end, you/me/we like or dislike what we choose to and as long as we live in a (mostly) free country, well...go for it. Plenty of good men and women have died to make sure we have that right.

Jeff

OK, fair enough, Jake.

Lou Figueroa

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm looking forward to the DVD. It will be interesting to see how many side of the rack break shots he had compared to others.
The count will be in my April column in Billiards Digest.

Twice during the 626 John left the cue ball in the rack to have a side pocket break shot with ball in hand.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Twice during the 626 John left the cue ball in the rack to have a side pocket break shot with ball in hand.
I would consider that as a very dangerous break shot, as it would be hard to have any control of where the cue ball ends up - at least it is for me. Did he hit those break shots hard enough to scatter the rack wide open, or not so much?

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I would consider that as a very dangerous break shot, as it would be hard to have any control of where the cue ball ends up - at least it is for me. Did he hit those break shots hard enough to scatter the rack wide open, or not so much?
Are you suggesting somehow that running 626 is difficult?

Sent from the future.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The side pocket break shots are some of the safest if you set up the angle to hit right between the two top balls. As I recall, he did not baby them.

Lynch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I've never actually thought of that before and learned something there, especially when shooting alone and not playing safeties of any kind. I can see some situations where I've been in or near the rack and get straight in (by mistake) on the key ball to the break ball and could benefit from this. I'm pretty sure I've always tried to force something, like cheating the pocket or drawing straight back with a lot of side spin or something. Rarely has that ever worked to get good shape. I'm going to keep this in mind in the future. Not to sidetrack the thread, but thought that was worth pointing out. Considering he did it twice, it sounds like this can come in handy at least on occasion. I know you didn't point this out as a teaching moment, but thanks anyways!

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member

You should practice these if you don’t already. It’s my favorite for a BIH start position. I don’t think I’ve ever not had a shot (or very rarely) when I could set them up perfect to split the rack.

During a run it’s obviously a little more touchy to set up perfectly but I always forget about leaving the QB in the rack area. With BIH behind the line you just need that object ball in a decent spot near the side P and you could pretty safely get that line to split the rack.

Status
Not open for further replies.