Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think we are all on the same page now and agree. I can't play pool, and you can't string together two coherent sentences.

As for JS...who knows. Call it a record or don't, it doesn't matter to us pool nobodys. We could spend hours researching every post you've made to except a)we don't care, and b)all we would learn is that you hate JS, reality and grammar.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
I think you nailed it, I agree.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Wrong again doc-ill-logiCal, thinking, when you're not used to thinking. I will, however, agree that You can't play pool. Being on the same page, now, that's another notion that you can't claim, either. Y'all aren't on the same page, and no one else, agrees with your unsubstantiated claims.
Claims?

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Dude why are you so angry lol it’s just a pool forum. Man you must lead a terrible life.
it should be noted that u seem to ask many 'off topic' questions towards those of us asking to see un edited footage ( a recognized theme for troll posting). U told me that I was a messed up tragedy of a person - when I questioned why u brought the chopped mystery 626 storee' to the air waves - did I strike a nerve wit' u while searching for the truth? So who really is angry here trob? u yerself are the angry machine trob - caught up in yer fake news scandel participation, as yer fake news is being exposed more and more - u will follow (not lead) a terrible life. So keep up yer questions that do not relate to topic - that is really all u have at this juncture. U have lost any and all credibility here on az trob - i guess there are many fake news machines/promoters like u out there. Where is the raid spray? Those who try to deceive the public with lie's - are in fact going to follow' a terrible and uneventful life trob - plus there won't be much lol. Those who have to live and or help promote a lie - are in fact 'a sorry, messed up tragedy'. If u want leave the name of the radio station u 'shared' yer fake news with - I will try and help them broadcast the truth. U have the right to remain silent - in yer coward sandcastle trob - I did not think u would have a reply. See u in the funny papers.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
If it's good enough for the BCA, then it's good enough for the vast majority of the pool community. Me included.
u n' yer bca - do not speak for the majority of the Pocket Billiard community - so not so vast' - fake news seamstress i.e. 'taylor for bca corruption'. I do have a real aaron' 4 ya - show an unedited video that Mosconi's 526 has been surpassed - that will suffice - the vast Billiard community in my view - and many others - who (after 2 yrs.) are STILL looking to confirm that Mosconi's record has been surpassed. Most know now that there chopped video of 626 was just a corrupt publicity stunt from bca,pred cues, and j's. It does seem to be a travesty that they (j.s.'s corrupt sponsors) try to associate j.s with the great Mosconi.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
So when are you jumping into a lake?
I am maryland state 14.1 champ - two years in a row (howdy doody maryland tony). If u want to try to convince us that the 626 - is a legit/ clean run of unedited footage - u might want to put on YER wet suit - the water is fine - for me.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Superior, Colo., August, 15, 2019 – The Billiard Congress of America would like to formally congratulate John Schmidt on his 14.1 exhibition high run of 626 balls, breaking Willie Mosconi’s 65-year-old record of 526 balls.

On March 19, 1954 William J. Mosconi, playing in the East High Billiard Club in Springfield, Ohio, ran 526 balls in an exhibition match against Earl “Jake” Bruney. Mosconi’s run lasted approximately 4.5 hours and was played on an oversized 4′ x 8′ Brunswick Exposition Table.

On May 27, 2019 John Schmidt, playing in the Easy Street Billiards Pool Hall in Monterey, California, ran 626 balls. Schmidt’s run, recorded on video, lasted just over 4 hours and was played on a 4.5′ x 9′ Rebco Pocket Billiard Table on Simonis 760 cloth with 5″ corner pocket openings, and 5.5″ side pocket openings. Schmidt used Super Aramith Pro Belgian billiard balls, a Sardo rack, a Predator P3 Red Butt along with a Predator Revo 12.4 mm carbon composite shaft that weighed 19.5 oz and had a length of 58″.

Mosconi’s record took place during a 14.1 exhibition match. Having defeated his opponent, Mosconi kept shooting until he reached 526. Schmidt’s record took place during an intentional attempt to break Mosconi’s record. After viewing the unedited video, the Billiard Congress of America is proud to acknowledge John Schmidt’s 626 run as the new 14.1 exhibition high run record.

About Billiard Congress of America
Founded in 1948, the Billiard Congress of America is a non-profit trade organization dedicated to growing a united, prosperous and highly regarded billiard industry through Billiard Congress of America leadership. The Billiard Congress of America seeks to enhance the success of its members and promote the game of billiards though educational, marketing and promotional efforts, annual industry trade shows and other programs designed to encourage billiards as a lifestyle and make pool everybody’s game. For more information, visit bca-pool.com or call 303.243.5070.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201112-184020.jpg
    Screenshot_20201112-184020.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 118

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
MOSCONI vs js. No comparison, not even in the same league. That's all Folks!
This is an accurate radar, and as Lou would say "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" I see no extraordinary evidence from j.s. / bca hill of beans camp of this elusive 626.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
You two are the only person on the entire forum who thinks this was ever about who would win between Mosconi and JS.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
I am maryland state 14.1 champ - two years in a row (howdy doody maryland tony). If u want to try to convince us that the 626 - is a legit/ clean run of unedited footage - u might want to put on YER wet suit - the water is fine - for me.
The only thing I do know is that railing about it as much as you have is not healthy (mentally). You and others are acting like Hillary supporters screaming at the sky for 4 years. You don't like it, film your own high run to top it.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
This is an accurate radar, and as Lou would say "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" I see no extraordinary evidence from j.s. / bca hill of beans camp of this elusive 626.
I had a broke record that hung up and repeated over, and over, and over just like you js faithfuls. I finished it off and put it out of its misery.
The only thing I do know is that railing about it as much as you have is not healthy (mentally). You and others are acting like Hillary supporters screaming at the sky for 4 years. You don't like it, film your own high run to top it.
Strong the jealousy is with these two...

pj
chgo

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
I've been following these threads for a while, but over time, the issues have gotten conflated for me. Rather than go back and re-read everything - at the expense of instigating another diatribe - can someone refresh my recollection? I understand that the unedited video release is a pending issue and should be rectified, but that is what it is. Putting that to the side (on the assumption it can be), is the key dispute surrounding whether:
  1. 626 balls were not made in one session, but the video was doctored to show 626 [spliced video, hidden misses (e.g., a miss at (say) 200 balls, but it was edited out and the run continued)];
  2. 626 balls were actually made in one session, but the legitimacy of the run is in question because conditions were doctored [Sardo rack, polishing balls, pocket size, etc (e.g., no miss, but not sufficiently controlled to constitute a record)]
  3. 626 balls were actually made in one session, but the legitimacy of the continuous pocketing is in question [cue ball fouls; object ball fouls (e.g., no miss, but under tournament conditions a foul would be called ending the inning)]
  4. some combination of these or something else?
If the issue is that the unedited video doesn't permit one to exclude any of these scenarios, that would make senses as well, but I was hoping there was some baseline of understanding that I missed in the lengthy thread.

-td

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Strong the jealousy is with these two...

pj
chgo

Two???

You must not have been reading the banter closely.

One of the screen names is claiming to be around 80 years old.

That same screen name nailed your quote from Star Wars almost immediately. Hmmmmm.... makes a fella wonder.

I understand it, I honestly do.. It is probably better to show your diaper rash under a "stealth" persona,, not your real name. ;)

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
Two???

You must not have been reading the banter closely.

One of the screen names is claiming to be around 80 years old.

That same screen name nailed your quote from Star Wars almost immediately. Hmmmmm.... makes a fella wonder.

I understand it, I honestly do.. It is probably better to show your diaper rash under a "stealth" persona,, not your real name. ;)
Sometimes people suffering from MPD aren't aware of their other identities. It can be deeply disturbing and dangerous to make them aware of their other, "facets", outside of a clinical setting where both staff and medication are available to prevent the patient from harming themselves or others. I suggest we simply let him live out his fantasy.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I've been following these threads for a while, but over time, the issues have gotten conflated for me. Rather than go back and re-read everything - at the expense of instigating another diatribe - can someone refresh my recollection? I understand that the unedited video release is a pending issue and should be rectified, but that is what it is. Putting that to the side (on the assumption it can be), is the key dispute surrounding whether:
  1. 626 balls were not made in one session, but the video was doctored to show 626 [spliced video, hidden misses (e.g., a miss at (say) 200 balls, but it was edited out and the run continued)];
  2. 626 balls were actually made in one session, but the legitimacy of the run is in question because conditions were doctored [Sardo rack, polishing balls, pocket size, etc (e.g., no miss, but not sufficiently controlled to constitute a record)]
  3. 626 balls were actually made in one session, but the legitimacy of the continuous pocketing is in question [cue ball fouls; object ball fouls (e.g., no miss, but under tournament conditions a foul would be called ending the inning)]
  4. some combination of these or something else?
If the issue is that the unedited video doesn't permit one to exclude any of these scenarios, that would make senses as well, but I was hoping there was some baseline of understanding that I missed in the lengthy thread.

-td
If there was an easy answer to that we wouldn't still be talking. BTW- reading the entire thread is unlikely to shed any light on the subject.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Phased-array RADAR doesn't move though. What now?
Well, yes, there is no actual physical rotation, but think of all phasors spinning back and forth as the beam is sent in different directions. Those phasors can wreak havoc if you get your sleeve caught in them.🤯

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
Well, yes, there is no actual physical rotation, but think of all phasors spinning back and forth as the beam is sent in different directions. Those phasors can wreak havoc if you get your sleeve caught in them.🤯
I've had to pull a goose out of an array before at -40C. Was not my most fun memory. PS: Frozen blood is sharp.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've had to pull a goose out of an array before at -40C. Was not my most fun memory. PS: Frozen blood is sharp.
Or, as we call it down here, -40F. You should have just "goosed" the transmitter power up. The goose, she would have been cooked. And not so sharp. I've heard of people warming their lunches on transmitters.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.