Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There’s no way Schmidt would fake this. He’s been trying for years to break the record. If you’ve got multiple 400+ runs on tight 9 footers, there’s no way you decide 526 on a very loose 8 footer is insurmountable and you give up trying and decide to fake it.

We haven’t even seen the video yet, but because it’s exactly 100 balls over Mosconi, it’s automatically a fake? Come on. If you were going to fake it, you’d choose a random number, not exactly 100 more. The number probably got in his head and distracted him.

If the video comes out and it’s highly edited then sure, people are always gonna object to an edited video for a world record and make accusations, but the damn video isn’t even out yet.
Thank you, this is what I was looking for.

longhorns2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not gonna read this whole thread but if they really haven't published the video, then in my mind Mosconi still has the record. If it was certified by someone at Guinness or some other institution like that then maybe that would be different. What's their reason for not releasing the entire video?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not gonna read this whole thread but if they really haven't published the video, then in my mind Mosconi still has the record. If it was certified by someone at Guinness or some other institution like that then maybe that would be different. What's their reason for not releasing the entire video?
The BCA which is the organization that recognized Mosconi's record has also viewed Schmidt's full video and recognizes his 626 as the record exhibition run for straight pool.

Guinness doesn't keep pool records. Check out their rather pitiful list of various billiard records, like fastest 100 meters while balancing a pool cue on your nose.

I have watched the full video from the original recording. It has also been offered for paid viewing at several locations where about a third of the video was sped up to 2X to avoid boring the audience. So far as I could see the video in those public showings was just sped up without editing. I have seen both versions.

Anyone who was really interested could have gone to one of the paid events.

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
The BCA which is the organization that recognized Mosconi's record has also viewed Schmidt's full video and recognizes his 626 as the record exhibition run for straight pool.

Guinness doesn't keep pool records. Check out their rather pitiful list of various billiard records, like fastest 100 meters while balancing a pool cue on your nose.

I have watched the full video from the original recording. It has also been offered for paid viewing at several locations where about a third of the video was sped up to 2X to avoid boring the audience. So far as I could see the video in those public showings was just sped up without editing. I have seen both versions.

Anyone who was really interested could have gone to one of the paid events.
Thanks for the succinct summary (and reminder), Bob. I thought you mentioned previously that you had watched the video yourself. I do prefer hearing information from those with personal knowledge, and appreciate your continuing efforts as an ambassador for pool.

Given the BCA's endorsement, and your own personal validation, I think there is little more I need to accept the new record.

Pool is true to form, records are meant to be broken.

-td

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yer just 1 of a few floatin' round in a pool of bca moranity. I am not screaming as u ignorantly stated, I HAVE formed my opinion based off the fact that there is zero scientific evidence to prove their claim. U take a breath as my heart beats stronger and slower than a fake news Rodent such as u, I use the term fake news only when there is no evidence avail to back up what some bca is tryin to lead the public into thinking is truthful journalism. There is zero definitive proof that what they are trying 2 cell' = truthful news. If u can show me proof - then I will stand down - till then - i see u as just being apart of the corruption - and there are more than a few of u as well.
Like shaved slates and heaters under the table fake news, or whut?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
how can you tell from watching if a video has been edited to not be detectable.
Of course you can't. Andrew Cleary demonstrated in these forums that the current video editing abilities of some people make video a problematic witness without trusted traceability. I trust the provenance of the video in this case.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
spider man wow GIF

Meucciplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyway, he's gonna put you on ignore, so the forum looks like he wants it to.

Does not matter, does it? One of his other alter egos in the form of xDHx will answer, wouldn't they? Hey, any shrink would love this thread. He'd be busy for years with this blueprint of schizophrenia, obsession, envy and whatever other strange mental conditions in a single person.

Is there a Danny Harriman dictionary available somewhere? "Moranity"?

Well, you don't know anything, do you :) It is either

- I can teach u some Cherokee words if u would like -
or
I am speaking chinese 2 u don't it - that is cause yer probly a fake news rodent.

Now you know. He is speaking in so many sophisticated languages he gets them mixed up. Dat's prolly da reazon 'e cant rite a singul correkt Englisch sentunce.

Hey, xDannyx is way greater than Q. He should be recommended to the QAnal people. They might send out someone to a pizza parlor to totally shoot up the place in search of JS doing nasty things to poor pool balls and videos.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
‘To be the man, you have to beat the man’. None of you could even come close in His lifetime, so you just make belief afterwards. Sorry, you’ve all just hit that major roadblock in the sky. Maybe tomorrow or the next day or the next, or the next!
Hmmmmmm, twenty seven years after and still King of of 14.1 Straight Pool Continuous Pocket Billiards, then, now, and forever. Spoke softly, wielded a light cue stick, didn’t need little else, but an occasional chalking of the tip. Memories in the pages of my mind.
Admit it, you'd drink a tub of his bath water.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
So you’re alleging that because he accidentally brushed a ball during his run of 400 that he would fake breaking the longest held world record in pool. This is tremendous logic, when I was 12 years old I stole a lighter from a convenience store and haven’t stolen since, but now after you’ve illuminated me with this incredible logic I guess it’s only a matter of time before I rob Fort Knox.

All I’m saying is that it’s highly unlikely he would cheat, and since we haven’t even seen the video yet it’s ridiculous to pre-accuse him of cheating. Can we at least wait until he releases the video? If you’re gonna criticize him for not releasing the video I totally agree.
I'm not alleging anything. That happened. I don't know if it was intentional or not and don't even care. Your lighter story holds no water with me either. I get what you are trying to say though. What I'm saying is, and not all that long ago (well after he was 12 and had an epiphany lol), funny business has occurred already with this guy and and his videos of high runs. There is no pre-judging here. Just some facts.

We are all waiting on the release of the video. That's the entirety of this thread.

I understand both sides of this argument, both have great points and both have not-so-great points. The only way to fully verify this record though is to release the tape. Until then, there will always be looming doubt, and rightfully so. o_O

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not alleging anything. That happened. I don't know if it was intentional or not and don't even care. Your lighter story holds no water with me either. I get what you are trying to say though. What I'm saying is, and not all that long ago (well after he was 12 and had an epiphany lol), funny business has occurred already with this guy and and his videos of high runs. There is no pre-judging here. Just some facts.

We are all waiting on the release of the video. That's the entirety of this thread.

I understand both sides of this argument, both have great points and both have not-so-great points. The only way to fully verify this record though is to release the tape. Until then, there will always be looming doubt, and rightfully so. o_O
Please don't think c.d. harriman will be satisfied by the video's release.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can’t keep nothing to ur self, bb. Y’all have rode that swayback mule long enuff. Might as well throw that video out with the trash, no further value. Nobody left to impress, certainly not from without. Start with ball 1 and count each ball to the total claimed. You can’t start counting at or near 200 balls and then declare you’re shooting for any record. I was born at night, but not last night! Bytheby
You forgot how willie got to 526. He decided at a point he was going to keep shooting, ultimately establishing the record.

Disgraceful. Willie's family will probably sue you, coz you just said, "You can’t start counting at or near 200 balls and then declare you’re shooting for any record. I was born at night, but not last night! Bytheby". You just took his biggest single accomplishment away.

So what is your game, you mastermind? Engert' 429? You in with the GDR?

Nazis. I KNEW it was gonna end up there.

You know any lawyers?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Knownothing crock of shitzski. Everyone here claims they’re the best lawyer they’ve ever seen, same for me, so get on the bandwagen. Nazis, yer arse, I knew you would crack eventually. Blow hard.
You said 526 was ineligible,. Coz it was decided at an arbitrary point he would continue shooting. I didn't say that.

I am sure the mosconi family will see you in court.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have yet to write anything truthful’ so you are no champ of anything. Writer’s cramp would have crippled you as a pool player, so no need to worry, we’ll just put you and js together maybe one claim will stick.
Nobody has written more unsubstianted and delusional shit than you.

Fuck, you and you are the only reason we keep coming back to the two threads.

No, they aren't laughing with you.

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
Is it bath salts? Come on, we really want to know. I mean whatever language you post in is entertaining enough, but just the sheer lunacy of the sanded table conspiracies, the ball polishing magnets, the black BCA helicopters, and whatever else in the meth you spew it's hilarious. I mean I kind of want to do these drugs now just watching the crap you write Danny/whatever account you reply with.

I got $50 on bath salts.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
mosconi in most of his exhibitions would run out on who he played and keep running balls until he missed or said he was tired and stopped if past a hundred.. so he did not start counting at a number. he started counting at ball one. and never was trying for a record only kept shooting if the crowd egged him to go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.