Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
In this analogy the potential buyer would be the BCA wouldn't it? ...and not some guy who used to own a different pool hall 8 blocks away who hates the owner of the hall for sale.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Exactly what I was thinking.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I said I wouldnt bother you Danny anymore on the topic of JS high run (or JS highlight reel how you like to put it) but this is basically non-related topic you brought up so hopefully my question will be taken as a genuine curiosity on my side and not some kind of trolling - when you said that Lou is a professional pocket billiards player you got me thinking. I have seen Lou shooting pool on two occasions (both youtube vids) - 1pck match against JB in 2015 and a qualifier for 2011 World 14-1 (whatever the name was back then). And while Lou's fundamentals look ok he definitely seemed to lack a reasonable level of consistency both in execution and conceptualisation expected from a pro level in those vids. If I had to guess I would rank Lou around 550-600 in Fargorate at best which in all honesty is not a pro level by quite a lot. So what exactly do you mean by "a professional pocket billiards player"? Is it in your eyes someone who is able to win a bet (does it have to be a higher amount bet maybe..?) against his opponent no matter how good or bad his opponent is? Or is it even possible in USA to turn full time pool pro with that level of game and sustain a reasonable life standard with gambling/tournament winnings? Pls dont get me wrong, I am really curious about this and I would like to hear your opinion. Thank you (I wont use a smiley emoticon as you apparently dont like those...)

So a couple of things.

First off, I think DH was just trying to be complimentary about how I conduct myself at a tournament. A while back we played a 1pocket match in Olathe and he was impressed with how I played, saying, "You know the game." Second, I believe he's seen the YouTube of me running over 100 at 14.1. I've run 100 many times and broadly speaking I don't believe 100-ball runners can be found amongst sub 600 FargoRaters. The 14.1 video you cite was at an event held right after Gail and I had returned from three weeks in Europe. I didn't want to be on the stream knowing I would suck but they talked me into it. A different year I actually won the 14.1 World Qualifier at that same venue.

I don't have a FargoRate and don't really know where I'd land on that scale. But I would not call myself a professional pool player. I think DH was just being nice.

Lou Figueroa

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see that you are a new member.

Perhaps a new member that has been lurking for a while? In either case I'm going to guess you don't know the 20+ year history behind what is going on here.

So let me tell you this: there will be no kissing, no hugging, no Christmas cards exchanged. We actually do loathe each other. Neither of us would piss on the other if we saw them on fire.

Lou Figueroa
truth

I've seen most or all of that bitter history and, to be fair, I think both of you would step up and do just that.

. . . Even without the fire!

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I said I wouldnt bother you Danny anymore on the topic of JS high run (or JS highlight reel how you like to put it) but this is basically non-related topic you brought up so hopefully my question will be taken as a genuine curiosity on my side and not some kind of trolling - when you said that Lou is a professional pocket billiards player you got me thinking. I have seen Lou shooting pool on two occasions (both youtube vids) - 1pck match against JB in 2015 and a qualifier for 2011 World 14-1 (whatever the name was back then). And while Lou's fundamentals look ok he definitely seemed to lack a reasonable level of consistency both in execution and conceptualisation expected from a pro level in those vids. If I had to guess I would rank Lou around 550-600 in Fargorate at best which in all honesty is not a pro level by quite a lot. So what exactly do you mean by "a professional pocket billiards player"? Is it in your eyes someone who is able to win a bet (does it have to be a higher amount bet maybe..?) against his opponent no matter how good or bad his opponent is? Or is it even possible in USA to turn full time pool pro with that level of game and sustain a reasonable life standard with gambling/tournament winnings? Pls dont get me wrong, I am really curious about this and I would like to hear your opinion. Thank you (I wont use a smiley emoticon as you apparently dont like those...)
I have seen Lou compete in One Pocket and 14.1 - he can play - and is a gentleman to compete against - Champion caliber - Yes. I know nothin bout fargo ratings - except that Tony Fargo CAN Bank. I answered yer question - so would u be kind enough to answer the same question I posed to cuedup who has so far - chosen to decline any effort to answer (did not surprise me). SO here it is - Would you believe' or invest' in a business that was lookin to sell - but would NOT show you the revenue books - upon request? IMHO - to believe in something or someone - is a form of an investment - is it not? The bca/csi/nytimes - say's there is a new record of 626 in 14.1 - caught in it;s entirety - on camera - should all God's people just trust what bca is selling - without first seeing their books i.e. unedited video? These are pertinent question - very relevant to the topic at hand. I am interested in purchasing the 626 story as verbatim - am I wrong to ask the bca 4 a gander at their numbers before - actually believing or buying what bca/nytimes is offering foe sale to us honest tax paying citizens? Also what does marek stand for - just another enquiring mind here - located in the middle of Map.

Last edited:

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have seen Lou compete in One Pocket and 14.1 - he can play - and is a gentleman to compete against - Champion caliber - Yes. I will ask u the same question that cuedup refuses to answer. Would you believe' or invest' in a business that was lookin to sell - but would not show you the revenue books? IMHO - to believe in something or someone - is a form of an investment - is it not? The bca say's there is a new record of 626 in 14.1 - should all God's people just trust what bca is selling without first seeing their books i.e. unedited video. This is a pertinent question - very relevant to the topic at hand. I am interested in purchasing the 626 story as verbatim - am I wrong to take a gander at the numbers before - actually believing what bca is offering foe sale?
We are not "investing in a business". We are simply believing those who have seen the numbers. Not a big deal. And Lou does not play "champion caliber" pool. You're being silly.

Cuedup

BCA , along with many others from product manufacturers to casual viewers, looked at the books saw the evidence and bought the product.

Like many other legitimate products, from vaccines to GMO products, youll always have a group on the outside screaming fraud.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We are not "investing in a business". We are simply believing those who have seen the numbers. Not a big deal. And Lou does not play "champion caliber" pool. You're being silly.
The analogy is crap because his belief adds no value to the matter, unlike the purchaser of the business...who has money.

He seriously believes his opinion matters.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
BCA , along with many others from product manufacturers to casual viewers, looked at the books saw the evidence and bought the product.

Like many other legitimate products, from vaccines to GMO products, youll always have a group on the outside screaming fraud.
That is not an acceptable answer, I am asking yer opinion - so I ask another way - so as not so easy 4 u to sidestep the actual question. If you were thinking about purchasing a business - of yer choice and thought you saw a good deal - would you invest in that particular business - without first seeing the actual revenue numbers that - business was claiming they produced? Or would u want to see the numbers - first hand for yourself? Please give the non politician answer this time. I real eyes' I am not be in the 'casual viewer' dept I think I'm in the Hawk viewer dept. The Open public would like to purchase the unedited (non chopped evidence) of the 626 product bca is tryin to sell - very tough to buy a product that does not exist - or believe in for that matter? Oh I noticed u threw vaccines in there - evil Very evil cuedpie.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It kinda cracks me up that all this arguing is over a game that is virtually dead-n-buried. If pool's future was based on the interest in 14.1 it would have been over YEARS ago. Other than what, one or two events a year, there is basically nada. Its a great game and hardcore purists get all teary-eyed about it but the fact is that almost no one plays it anymore. My $.02 and you can hammer me me all you want to.

Last edited:

Cuedup

That is not a good answer, I ask another way - so as not so easy 4 u to sidestep the actual question. If you were thinking about purchasing a business - of yer choice and thought you saw a good deal - would you invest in that particular business - without first seeing the actual revenue numbers that - business was claiming they produced. or would u want to see the numbers - first hand for yourself? Please give the non politician answer this time.
The record, like your unnecessary business example, is a product. The BCA, along with a continually growing body of others, are buying the product as you stand on the sidelines crying fraud.

Lol@you.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is not a good answer, I ask another way - so as not so easy 4 u to sidestep the actual question. If you were thinking about purchasing a business - of yer choice and thought you saw a good deal - would you invest in that particular business - without first seeing the actual revenue numbers that - business was claiming they produced. or would u want to see the numbers - first hand for yourself? Please give the non politician answer this time.
Screenshot_20200306-164652.jpg

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
The record, like your unnecessary business example, is a product. The BCA, along with a continually growing body of others, are buying the product as you stand on the sidelines crying fraud.

Lol@you.
So u refuse to answer if u would buy stock in a company that refused to show it's numbers. Of course u would not, u just cannot say it cause it's not politically correct for u to do so. As for the bca/csi they already tried to sell me on there product (TAR) that john schmitt was superior to me in 14.1 - they celebrated a bit too early - it did not go well for j.s. and the bca/csi teem of collaborator's. Similar to the 626 product they are trying to sell now - the only difference is - TAR video between shmit and myself - IS for sale in unedited form. The bca's unedited proof of their 626 claim - NOT FOR SALE in unedited form - behind closed doors. Not crying here at all, just interested in keeping yer cancel culture away from Mosconi's Official Legit World Record of 526.
Also it is not funny for bca to try and steal Mosconi's 526 - without showing Real proof - really kinda deadbeat of u to laugh in the face of such possible corruption, just bein' honest about ya. So ya since I competed in the Mosconi Cup - I would say I am not exactly on side lines. When I competed we Won the Cup when schmitt was a member - they lost the Mosconi Cup - imagine that.
Lol at u too - see u in duh funny papers.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
As I stated in the beginning of this thread - steak 'n' shake say's "if it's out in sight - it must be right" they have great steak burgers, Charlie Rich said "No one knows what goes on behind closed doors" (great song) The bca and it's coconspirators choose to keep the unedited 626 footage behind closed doors - hidden from the public. I would not consume their burgers - could be mad cow disease or something similar in their product.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Pretty sure he was talking about my tournament deportment as opposed to my play: “I have seen Lou compete in One Pocket and 14.1 - he can play - and is a gentleman to compete against - Champion caliber.”

I try to dress like I have a home to go to at night and behave with some decorum when I’m playing for cash or in a tournament. I probably play better that most guys here, so I think he’s right when he says I can play.

A pro/champion, no. A gentleman, most days : -)

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
People run scams all the time, often with great risk — I think Bernie Madoff did it for a number of years to the tune of 60+ billion dollars.

So the: why would he risk.... doesn’t carry much weight with me, particularly when it is involving pool players.

Lou Figueroa
just sayin’

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
People run scams all the time, often with great risk — I think Bernie Madoff did it for a number of years to the tune of 60+ billion dollars.

So the: why would he risk.... doesn’t carry much weight with me, particularly when it is involving pool players.

Lou Figueroa
just sayin’
Bernie had two things going on. One, a ponzi scheme. That's easy to figure out. But it was also an affinity scheme. He scammed a lot of Jewish people. They said, He's one of us... Yep.

On this thread, it's like a car crash in slow motion. It's gross, but you can't stop watching.

gerryf

Well in the end it is you and few others here saying JS's run was a scam...without any proof (even IF you were right) it is simply a defamation. Good luck with that approach😐 JS provided his proof (unedited vid of the run) to the only authority in USA that could proclaim JS's run a new record which it did. Btw i am not sure you noticed that there were several (10+) people who were present during the whole record run..? Because saying the run was a fraud means that you are saying those people were lying as well. General disregard for the law here on this forum has always amazed me but this thread is really a cherry on the top. I can see now that trying to return back here was silly on my part, nothing good comes from here anymore... :(
Exactly. Danny and his tribe are alleging that Schmidt, the room owner, the people who attended the run, the BCA, Predator, and maybe Bob Jewett, Mark Wilson, Nick Varner, and others who have reviewed the run., are all in on it.

The run is accepted by all the people who matter.

Danny, Lou, and Danny's Bowel Movement are just talking. They haven't done anything. They haven't contacted the BCA or John Schmidt or Predator or any of the people who have a role They're just making allegations without any evidence. Some of the allegations are delusional. For some reason, they seem to feel that they should be consulted or that they're entitled to a role here, simply because they're fans of Willie Mosconi. I guess their feelings are hurt.

I think Willie would be embarrassed.

If they simply felt that they'd "believe it when they see it", that's fair. But to allege all kinds of nefarious motives to the people who were involved in setting a new high-run record is kind of sad.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Exactly. Danny and his tribe are alleging that Schmidt, the room owner, the people who attended the run, the BCA, Predator, and maybe Bob Jewett, Mark Wilson, Nick Varner, and others who have reviewed the run., are all in on it.

The run is accepted by all the people who matter.

Danny, Lou, and Danny's Bowel Movement are just talking. They haven't done anything. They haven't contacted the BCA or John Schmidt or Predator or any of the people who have a role They're just making allegations without any evidence. Some of the allegations are delusional. For some reason, they seem to feel that they should be consulted or that they're entitled to a role here, simply because they're fans of Willie Mosconi. I guess their feelings are hurt.

I think Willie would be embarrassed.

If they simply felt that they'd "believe it when they see it", that's fair. But to allege all kinds of nefarious motives to the people who were involved in setting a new high-run record is kind of sad.
That's the biggest flaw with most conspiracy theories...the sheer number of people required who all have to magically be perfectly synchronized, completely discrete even to spouses and during moments of weakness and drunkenness, and supremely motivated. It's simply not feasible even if we were to believe it was their intent.

Pretty amazing that a man can toss a cube of chalking in a guy's general direction and as a result control the guy's head for life.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
At least Danny (finally) gets some attention this way...

By the way, has his (alleged) highest run been certified?

pj
chgo

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bernie had two things going on. One, a ponzi scheme. That's easy to figure out. But it was also an affinity scheme. He scammed a lot of Jewish people. They said, He's one of us... Yep.

On this thread, it's like a car crash in slow motion. It's gross, but you can't stop watching.

Well, I don't know about all that but the fact is that the world is full of people who choose to run scams that have a big downside if discovered -- so saying something could not be a scam because there's a downside is pretty silly.

Lou Figueroa

Status
Not open for further replies.