Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why have we not discussed buying the video and subsequent rights to it from John?

One AZBro has offered 10k and we could add to that, presuming the 10k offer remains on the table.

Should the offer be acceptable to John and the purchase made, we could then make the 10k contributor sole owner and executor of all that happens with the vid afterwards.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Why have we not discussed buying the video and subsequent rights to it from John?

One AZBro has offered 10k and we could add to that, presuming the 10k offer remains on the table.

Should the offer be acceptable to John and the purchase made, we could then make the 10k contributor sole owner and executor of all that happens with the vid afterwards.
I mean, he will never make 10k off of it at this point with whatever marketing model he chooses.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I don’t think that is the case.

I just think the conditions should be the same if you are going to compare one event against the other.

I am not saying John should have to wear Willie’s shoes when doing it, but the table sizes, conditions, and procedures should have been adhered to.

I don’t recall anybody saying Willie started racking balls at the other end of the table when the balls may have been breaking funny.
What size table did Willie run his 526 on? Easier table, but certainly not a "muddy farm road". I'm sure he has the best equipment of the day at his disposal.

Imagine if some players like Babe Ruth had to play in the smaller ball parks they have today or the thin air in Denver, he might have hit 1,000 dingers ;) But, it's not would of, could of, should of. He didn't, he only hit 714 and his record got obliterated. I'm pretty sure the Babe never saw anyone throwing 100mph, and I know for damn sure he never saw a 90mph slider, or even saw a change up. I might have hit 714 HR's back then, just saying ;) lol

And you know what, most folks still know Babe Ruth, even folks that don't watch baseball know Babe Ruth. No harm, no foul, just saying.

Last edited:

mantis99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been gone from here for a while. The last time I was here, this record had happened, but the video was still awaiting release after several months. Has the raw footage still not come out?

Icon of Sin

Silver Member
I have been gone from here for a while. The last time I was here, this record had happened, but the video was still awaiting release after several months. Has the raw footage still not come out?
None of the footage has come out...

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ok, so JS626 did not get into Guinness World Records (GWR). But this thread may get into GWR for longest thread about JS626 :LOL:

mantis99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Come and go as you please.
Time flies when you're having fun, the old saying goes.
Several months, could be a smidgeon, a tidbit or a tad, but, thirty months in the moth balls is a very, very, long time, indeed.
That it is, which is why I was really surprised to see that this was still going on. Didn't he ever at least produce a video to sell?

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Pay attention to FA’s first two paragraphs, especially not wishing to debate anything presented, only giving his observations and opinions.
Why would you consider such a position as suspect. He's stating what he saw and not putting himself out as an advocate for one side or another. I see that as a reasonable and responsible position. You are making something out of nothing...again.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And you, being who/what you are, as usual, make molehills out of mountains.
Y'all have successfully put js out to pasture. Retired him early? Unseen for thirty months? Just more excuses. Can hardly remember him? What has he done for the game lately? Stagnated it? Resting on his laurels?
Your foolishness continues.

It is well documented that Mr. 626 is not a regular in the pro pool world, rather he throws his hat into the ring occasionally...and quite successfully, too.

Additionally, Mr. 626 has stated he wishes (WISHES, lol) to see direct compensation for his record run.

Nothing has changed, including your twisting of reality to fit your mania.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
That it is, which is why I was really surprised to see that this was still going on. Didn't he ever at least produce a video to sell?
If JS put his video out for sale, how much do you think he'd earn in sales before the pool community with its "privileges" would load it up for free on YouTube for ANYONE to watch for free???

Icon of Sin

Silver Member
If JS put his video out for sale, how much do you think he'd earn in sales before the pool community with its "privileges" would load it up for free on YouTube for ANYONE to watch for free???
Even without piracy, I'd be surprised if he profited 5k on it. I mean, no one really cares... even pool players. He missed the hype. People cared slightly (SLIGHTLY) more when it actually happened...

I mean, I'm a pool player... Ill probably buy it (if it's priced reasonably) just for collection purposes and fast forward to the miss... other then that, I could give a shit less about a guy running balls for hours...

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Even without piracy, I'd be surprised if he profited 5k on it. I mean, no one really cares... even pool players. He missed the hype. People cared slightly (SLIGHTLY) more when it actually happened...

I mean, I'm a pool player... Ill probably buy it (if it's priced reasonably) just for collection purposes and fast forward to the miss... other then that, I could give a shit less about a guy running balls for hours...
And then you have those that would buy it just so they could be the first to load it up on YouTube in the hopes of getting thousands of clicks from all the free viewers and make money from the advertisers, but not give John a dime!!!

Icon of Sin

Silver Member
And then you have those that would buy it just so they could be the first to load it up on YouTube in the hopes of getting thousands of clicks from all the free viewers and make money from the advertisers, but not give John a dime!!!
Yeah sure that will probably happen. John and Co will need to be diligent in having it removed... I'm just saying, pretend youtube, piracy, free distribution isnt a thing at all and the only way you could watch it was to buy a copy... I'd be shocked if he made 5k on it.

Edit to add: Even if someone does upload it to youtube... no one is gonna get rich off of it that way either. It's just a feat that no one really cares about... even those in the same hobby/industry.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah sure that will probably happen. John and Co will need to be diligent in having it removed... I'm just saying, pretend youtube, piracy, free distribution isnt a thing at all and the only way you could watch it was to buy a copy... I'd be shocked if he made 5k on it.

Edit to add: Even if someone does upload it to youtube... no one is gonna get rich off of it that way either. It's just a feat that no one really cares about... even those in the same hobby/industry.
I'd take the over, but not by much. Surely he could get 50 people to pay $100 for it.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JS is currently recovering from hand surgery. Something to do with a dirt-bike accident yrs ago. He's on FB. Some of you trolls really outta contact the guy directly. I'd love to see some posts on his FB page. I'm sure he'd love nothing better than to chat with KingTinFoilHat Harriman and that radarx cat. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.