Ivory Ban

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I just did a Ebay search of " Ivory Cue " and 29 cues are listed for sale.
If what you say is true, it appears ebay has some work to do.

Sometimes it takes them a while, as their "Violations Nazi's" are very busy.
I mentioned Tusk in the listing titles, so they jumped on me immediately. I
have disputed their policies for many years and that puts me on their "List".

yally

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
This has been the law for awhile in Canada.

The mods should consider making this a sticky as more information is released! Very relevant info for the Wanted/For Sale Forum.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Cue sales are not affected by this......do you think Big Brother is going to come and confiscate our pool cues....what's next?
Oh yeah, guns....right? DUH.....The law is simply a manifestation of the USA position about ivory exports and imports into the United States...
that would mean something that's not already in the USA, like all the legal ivory that's been here for years.

This is pretty comical......anyone literate can read the law and see the "timeframe" and "boundaries" of the law.
Boy of boy.....there are a lot more "Doom Day Preppers" on the Forum than I ever imagined......
Say fellows.....you had betta go check your food stores and ammo supply just in case.......OMG!

Last edited:

Cuemaster98

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
279   0   0
This may have an impact on AZ for sales/wanted area now...especially if AZ has some legal responsibilities to enforce the new change or at least make it aware that sales of such items are illegal now between states.

Agreed that this information is important to be listed here.

Maybe the mod can post a job for these forum police..should paid them 10 cents for every thread reported...just feel sorry for them as they do work really hard...can't imagine how many hours they put in a day to police this forum for the good of everyone :). Would be nice if they do follow the rules as well though.

Duc.

DrGonzo

As your attorney...
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Cue sales are not affected by this......do you think Big Brother is going to come and confiscate our pool cues....what's next?
Oh yeah, guns....right? DUH.....The law is simply a manifestation of the USA position about ivory exports and imports into the United States...
that would mean something that's not already in the USA, like all the legal ivory that's been here for years.

This is pretty comical......anyone literate can read the law and see the "timeframe" and "boundaries" of the law.
Boy of boy.....there are a lot more "Doom Day Preppers" on the Forum than I ever imagined......
Say fellows.....you had betta go check your food stores and ammo supply just in case.......OMG!

Were you also, "that kid," on the playground?

This is important information to be up to date on that anyone buying or selling cues across state lines should be made aware of.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Cuemaster98, why don't you take your own advice; it would pay for your Gold Membership.
And using your suggested commission, you'd only have to report one thread per day.

And DrGonzo...have you really reviewed the friggin' law.......it's enlightening.
I really give up....Everyone just needs to read The US Fish & Wildlife Regulations.

There is nothing about intra or interstate sale of "any and all ivory" artifacts, etc. The law embodies
the USA's stalwart support of protection of endangered species and it regulates our borders.

Last edited:

Cuemaster98

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
279   0   0
Thanks for the reminding me...didn't even realized I didn't renew yet.

For crying out loud, I think I'm not the only one annoy here with you guys bumping every darn day about someone breaking the rules like you own the site. Please, let the mod do their job...really not your responsibility is all I'm saying along with a bunch of others.
I'm sure you have better things to do....however, informational post is always welcome.

BR,
Duc.

Cuemaster98, why don't you take your own advice; it would pay for your Gold Membership.
And using your suggested commission, you'd only have to report one thread per day.

And DrGonzo...have you really reviewed the friggin' law.......it's enlightening.
I really give up....Everyone just needs to read The US Fish & Wildlife Regulations.

There is nothing about intra or interstate sale of "any and all ivory" artifacts, etc. The law embodies
the USA's stalwart support of protection of endangered species and it regulates our borders.

Last edited:

half fast bankr

Purist / Traditionalist
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Dracula at the blood bank

I'd like to know how they intend to truly enforce this...but it doesn’t sadden me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Surely DHS will be part of this, as ivory, along with baseball cards and everything else under the sun is now a matter of national security. They'll also likely create a NEW agency with some illegally appointed czar and a massive budget to police this issue. In the end, billions of tax payer dollars will be spent to hire hundreds if not thousands of 'robots' with badges to harass anyone that even says the word ivory. All of this of course will do little to actually save a species.

DrGonzo

As your attorney...
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0

Significantly Restrict Domestic Resale of Elephant Ivory: We will finalize a proposed rule that will reaffirm and clarify that sales across state lines are prohibited, except for bona fide antiques, and will prohibit sales within a state unless the seller can demonstrate an item was lawfully imported prior to 1990 for African elephants and 1975 for Asian elephants, or under an exemption document.

Interesting your take on it. Either way, it deserves discussion for people who sell and purchase such products. Please run along and tattle to the powers that be.

BLACHEART42

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just did a Ebay search of " Ivory Cue " and 29 cues are listed for sale.
If what you say is true, it appears ebay has some work to do.

Many cuemakers advertise that they have "BONE IVORY" or some such material. Bone Ivory sounds good but it is made from the leg BONEof a camel or cow. It is not Ivory...JER

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
928   0   0
Significantly Restrict Domestic Resale of Elephant Ivory: We will finalize a proposed rule that will reaffirm and clarify that sales across state lines are prohibited, except for bona fide antiques, and will prohibit sales within a state unless the seller can demonstrate an item was lawfully imported prior to 1990 for African elephants and 1975 for Asian elephants, or under an exemption document.

Interesting your take on it. Either way, it deserves discussion for people who sell and purchase such products. Please run along and tattle to the powers that be.

Difficult to enforce, certainly, but still a risk. You can bet that there will be random checks, and perhaps the technology exists (or will exist in the near future) to detect ivory in a package...that is not too far a leap.

While I certainly think that it is ludicrous to enact a law and enforce it ex post facto, it can be done. I am sure it will be challenged in court.

Joe

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
120   0   0
I've been on this forum since 2005 and as far as I know the only mods on AZ are Jerry and Dave. Did we gain others along the way? Again, if they feel that it is not appropriate...they will remove it.

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
421   0   0
ivory joint hoppe cues,get em while you can

i am going to both of mine now
at fantastic prices
Tonkin and James White

whether you can still get them later is anybody's guess

214 477 7323

dean

we all know they are really great to play with
now might be your best time to get one
both of these will provide you with years of pleasure
so grab the phone while i am feeling generous

thefonz

It's not me...it's my ADD
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Scary stuff really. I currently am waiting on a cue and shaft from two different sellers. The tracking shows that BOTH shipments are being reviewed my US customs. As the cues are going to Canada, this is a first for me......I have NEVER previously experienced US Customs doing something like this on an item being exported - Canada customs sure, but not US Customs. :angry:

Good thing the shaft is a predator z and the cue is a mark bear full splice. Neither containing ivory.

Mcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I'm looking for cues and please do not excuse or justify a blatant violation of a fundamental rule for this section of the Forum.
I concur about the importance of the subject matter but please do it according to the rules of the Forum.

While some may feel this is a subject that deserves to be in this section, probably because it's the most popular for viewing, it is a rules violation
and that should not be allowed regardless of how passionate any may feel about this matter.

And the Moderators are buried with things to do and of course, rules violations are reported like with this one. Nonetheless, obey the current Forum
rules and so post this everywhere allowed on the other various sections but keep it off this section until the current rules are changed or modified.
Kot_Bigmote did it the right way by posting this in the Main Forum and please follow his exemplary demeanor for your future posts on this topic.

Matt B.

I cannot think of a more appropriate place. :) since it concerns most of us and what we do here.

Mario