J Flowers Tribute Cases for sale

carter1984

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty cases. Does the 'Production version' mean that they come from China?

The custom version of this product comes from China as well.

John Barton would be more than happy to answer any questions folks may have about these cases, and I am sure you can find reviews of them in other sections of the forum.

knifemaker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
production cases from china

I am sorry but I don't understand why a production case from china would be worth over 300.00 dollars. That is crazy. I am in the handmade knife business and nothing in production from china like this is worth that amount.
Sorry I am just pro american and this is crazy. Kick me off for my views but this is still crazy. Everyone needs to make money, but keep it here don't send it over there, they have enough of our money.
I know this is hard and people will think I am crazy so I must be.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I am sorry but I don't understand why a production case from china would be worth over 300.00 dollars. That is crazy. I am in the handmade knife business and nothing in production from china like this is worth that amount.
Sorry I am just pro american and this is crazy. Kick me off for my views but this is still crazy. Everyone needs to make money, but keep it here don't send it over there, they have enough of our money.

Having owned a Fine Custom Knife or two in my lifetime, many questioned why I would spend the money when I could have bougth a Case, Buck, or XYZ for 1/5th the cost.:smile:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
165   0   0

Dear knifemaker,

I am the creator of this line of cases. Please don't make statements about my products unless you know them. You obviously don't.

If you want to understand why my cases are worth more than the price I ask for them no matter WHERE they are made then feel free to go to my website and read about them. www.jbcases.com

I have been a cue case maker for 20 years. My products are the best leather cue cases that exist in my opinion.

This is a for sale section not a geopolitical economics discussion section. That section is called NON-POOL RELATED.

If you post something for sale then I am sure you don't want someone to come in and knock it whether they are right or wrong. And for the record, you are wrong here and out of line.

I will guarantee you that structurally these cases are as good as or better than ANY leather case made by anyone currently making cases today. If you don't think so then go get any case you want and put it up against these cases on a point for point comparison. I will bet $500 that my cases will win the value vs price comparison easily.

As for how they look, well that, as you well know from your own profession, is something that each person's own taste dictates whether the thing that they are looking at is pretty or not.

Simply put you cannot find a better tooled leather case on the market for this money. Add to that the fact that our cases provide the best cue protection on Earth in this style of case and you should be able to easily see why this case is a bargain at twice the price. And in fact many inferior cases are sold at nearly twice the price.

If you want to debate this topic then I will be happy to let our products go head to head with any other case you care to use as a comparison.

If not then please don't knock my products unless you are damn sure you know what you are talking about.

Sincerely,

John Barton
Case Maker

JFF6BN.jpg

JFF6BN-back.jpg

Flowers-Closeup.jpg

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
165   0   0
Pretty cases. Does the 'Production version' mean that they come from China?

No. Production means that they are being produced in bulk in a mass production setting rather than a studio setting.

But actually the cases are made by just four people in the Jiasen Cue Case factory in a workshop that I set up for them. They are using the same techniques and methods I taught them and thus are building cases with the same quality level as what comes out of our custom studio.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
165   0   0
PS. Why would you think that the Chinese don't know how to make good knives? Just because maybe all you have seen is imported crap that some dipstick wholesaler figured that he could get away with buying the cheapest quality and foisting it off on consumers?

That type of practice has been happening for centuries.

My dad is a five star chef who was once head chef at the Fountainbleu hotel in Miami Beach.

Last year I sent him a set of knives I bought here in Xiamen China. They were made on a small island called Kinmen near here. My father who has owned just about every type of knife known said that these knives were the best he hs ever used in the kitchen.

Not only does my dad know kitchen knives but he has a pretty impressive collection of hand made knives with Damascus blades. So I trust his judgement. I myself know nothing of knives so I went on my gut instinct of being able to judge quality and bought him the set. I guess I just got lucky.

The Chinese have a whole culture here that is 5000 years old and so varied that most foreigners can hardly imagine it. They have quality things here that you can only dream of, to include knives and swords, among other things. Just because you don't get to the see the quality things that are made in China doesn't mean they don't exist.

imax

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I concur

Simply put you cannot find a better tooled leather case on the market for this money. Add to that the fact that our cases provide the best cue protection on Earth in this style of case and you should be able to easily see why this case is a bargain at twice the price. And in fact many inferior cases are sold at nearly twice the price..

As a "very satisfied" owner of one of John's J. Flower's Tribute Cue Cases I would heartily stand behind all that he has written.
My J. Flower's Tribute Cue Case is one of the most solid, well built cue cases I have ever owned, seen, or personally inspected.

If you are looking for a QUALITY, reasonably priced cue case look no further!

Just my two cents but I own one so I feel my opinion counts.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
As a "very satisfied" owner of one of John's J. Flower's Tribute Cue Cases I would heartily stand behind all that he has written.
My J. Flower's Tribute Cue Case is one of the most solid, well built cue cases I have ever owned, seen, or personally inspected.

If you are looking for a QUALITY, reasonably priced cue case look no further!

Just my two cents but I own one so I feel my opinion counts.

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

knifemaker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
china cases

I'll say this and end it for me.
I did not say they weren't built good I just think in America we should support our economy not the chinese economy. That is it. I have seen great knives from china but still not American made. China owns enough of us, Buy American that is the way I am. Some things you can't buy made here anymore and that is terrible we used to be the production capitol of the world. We gave up that and still are giving up more.
I knew I would offend people but that is the way I see it, I know others feel the same way and just don't want to voice it.
Have a good day.
Percy

Last edited:
Reactions: Hal

JIMMY L

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
389   0   0
My favorite cases over the years seem to be made by John Barton or a company he got going. I'm going to buy one of the J Flower cases down the road and I could care less were it was made.

Just because the case is made in China doesn't mean a hard working American is not making some money on it selling it to me.

Kinda like whan you go shopping at Wal-Mart

IMO theses cases are the best protection you can get for your money!!

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
165   0   0
I'll say this and end it for me.
I did not say they weren't built good I just think in America we should support our economy not the chinese economy. That is it. I have seen great knives from china but still not American made. China owns enough of us, Buy American that is the way I am. Some things you can't buy made here anymore and that is terrible we used to be the production capitol of the world. We gave up that and still are giving up more.
I knew I would offend people but that is the way I see it, I know others feel the same way and just don't want to voice it.
Have a good day.
Percy

As a matter of fact your tone was exactly that they aren't built well. You said that they aren't worth the money.

Listen, we have debated the whole geopolitical thing to death here and some people feel as you do and others feel the other way and some people don't care either way. Don't act like you are now the "voice" of those who won't speak up. Believe me when I tell you that there are those here who have spoken louder and longer on this subject. Use the search function and you will find plenty of people who think like you do. Happy reading.

The point is that you disparaged my product without even ever having seen one in person. Of that I am fairly confident because I am equally confident that your attitude would change in regards to my cases if you actually did know them.

And two you have no business interjecting your opinions about my product, or where they are made, into a for sale thread. That's just rude.

I am positive that you would feel the same way if I came onto your knife forum and posted my opinions that xyz knives are "worth" more than your knives in your for sale threads if you have such threads.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
165   0   0
And, the money that you spend goes to China and helps Chinese employment and the Chinese economy!

Would you please stay out of my threads? This is a for sale thread. It is not a place to debate economics.

It would help you tremendously though to spend some of your online time reading about economics and how the world really works as opposed to how you think it should work. Please believe me when I tell you that smarter men than both of us have put a lot of brainpower into figuring out how global trade functions and what policies and practices work and which ones don't.

And when you have finished reading then take your viewpoint to NON POOL RELATED and you will find plenty of people there willing to discuss it with you.

In the mean time please stop being rude and interjecting this crap into FOR SALE threads.

Thank you,

John Barton

Danktrees

RIP RS
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
And, the money that you spend goes to China and helps Chinese employment and the Chinese economy!

whats wrong with that? it's the same as a chinese person starting a restaurant over here and contributing to this economy instead. If u want to support america thats fine but your comment makes it seem like u have something against the chinese for some reason.

either way, these are quality cases from what i've seen and if the u.s. is a capitalist society then consumers will usually buy what is the best product for their money. so until someone makes a case as good as jb's cases for less money, his cases will continue to be successful and rightfully so.

DWBOD

Game Over!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
My favorite cases over the years seem to be made by John Barton or a company he got going. I'm going to buy one of the J Flower cases down the road and I could care less were it was made.

Just because the case is made in China doesn't mean a hard working American is not making some money on it selling it to me.

Kinda like whan you go shopping at Wal-Mart

IMO theses cases are the best protection you can get for your money!!

I love this quote "Kinda like when you go shopping at "Wal-mart", I feel the same way that's exactly why I haven't been in a Wal-mart in ten years. Maybe we could get them to pick up a line of cue cases. :grin:

Doug

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
165   0   0
I love this quote "Kinda like when you go shopping at "Wal-mart", I feel the same way that's exactly why I haven't been in a Wal-mart in ten years. Maybe we could get them to pick up a line of cue cases. :grin:

Doug

Maybe we could. All your expensive Justis cases have cheap Chinese interiors in them. Would you have bought them if Jack had told you that he was using the lowest priced interiors from the Long Chan factory in China?

How do you feel about that?

Let me refresh your memory here:

Yours: (this is YOUR picture of one of your Justis cases)

IMG_0667.jpg

Mine: (this is a picture of the interior of these PRODUCTION J.Flowers Tribute cases)

interior.jpg

And let's add one more for fun: Do this with your Justis.

inverted.jpg

So let's do the math.

J.Flowers Tribute Case - $375 with built in UltraPad protection.

Doug's Justis Cases with $3 imported interior - $800 - $3500 (the same one available on a $30 case from J&J among others.)

Look on Doug's face when he accidentally trips while on the way to the pool room and his ten thousand in cues splatters all over the pavement because Jack didn't think it necessary to put a little extra padding where it counts:

Priceless

Last edited:

ftgokie

D player extraordinaire
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Nice J Flowers Trib case for sale......good luck with your sale my friend!

best case on the market for protecting your cues IMO