Jay Swanson "Swanee" Memorial 9-Ball Tournament Registration Info

Holly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Happy Tuesday Everyone,

The 14th Annual Jay Swanson Memorial Registration page and final information was just updated on the CueSports Intl. site.

$3000 Added Guaranteed
$4000 Added with full 192 field (this field filled last year with 20 people on the wait list!)

$75 Entry (if pre-register)
$80 Entry (day of event)
No checks accepted after January 25, 2010. All mailed entries must be
received no later than Feb. 8, 2010. After February 8, 2010 entries, should there be space available,
will be accepted on-site at 9 am in cash only at Hollywood Billiards.

Here's the link:
14th ANNUAL SWANEE INFORMATION

Please contact me at holly@playcsipool.com if you have any questions or need any assistance.

See ya in Cali,
Holly

Last edited:

Holly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Link repaired

Sorry for anyone who tried the Swanee link on my initial message. There was a problem in the link which has since been repaired. Works now. Thanks and have a great day. Holly

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
I saw the entry form had been put on your website and was going to start a thread but I saw this first so....bump

I sent my entry in yesterday. Looking forward to it again this year!

Quick question: Are phenolic tipped break cues allowed?

Holly, look forward to seeing you and Mark at this coming event.

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't want to sound like a defeatist, but how much is 18th place? LOL.
Still better than last year.

Holly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
:) hey think positive guys! This year I will sooo try to drive down to LA for the weekend. Don't know if I will play, but that would be cool, if not I'll volunteer to be the TD's coffee and soda fetch-it person.

Holly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jump cues are allowed

Also the entries are really starting to pour in and the last two years we reached the 192 full field before the event.

Ideally I would submit an entry before Feb. to ensure a spot. Please feel free to email me at holly@playcsipool.com or call the CSI office at 702-719-7665.

Happy New Pool Years! :)

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
So with a full field does that make the prize pool $15520?

I like your numbers, and I believe you are correct. First prize would be a minimum of $3,000, maybe more. With a full field we will pay 64 spots.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Nice, that $3000 is gonna come in handy! Lol.

Bumping for a great tournament run by very nice people at an awesome place.

I'm playing and hoping I play good enough to get in trouble with my wife on Valentine's day.

Chris

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Jump cues are allowed

Also the entries are really starting to pour in and the last two years we reached the 192 full field before the event.

Ideally I would submit an entry before Feb. to ensure a spot. Please feel free to email me at holly@playcsipool.com or call the CSI office at 702-719-7665.

Happy New Pool Years! :)

Holly,

Glad to see jump cues are OK. Are jump cues with phenolic tips allowed?

Chris

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Holly,

Glad to see jump cues are OK. Are jump cues with phenolic tips allowed?

Chris

They should be since they are allowed even in the BCAPL. The question would be if Mark and Co. are allowing phenolic tipped BREAK cues at the Swanee. They have banned these from the national BCA tournaments.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
They should be since they are allowed even in the BCAPL. The question would be if Mark and Co. are allowing phenolic tipped BREAK cues at the Swanee. They have banned these from the national BCA tournaments.

Hopefully Holly will chime in on this. :wink:

A few years ago jump cues were banned at the Swanee, and you could only jump with your playing cue (not your break cue, because phenolic tips were allowed).

I just didn't want any more surprises. My break cue has a leather tip but my jumper a phenolic.

Chris