Jayson Shaw another huge high run of 560

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blackball is a tougher game than "American" 8 Ball. It's not a better game, it's a crap game that shouldn't exist. But the reality is it is tougher and anyone who excels at it will beat most 700s fargos in their sleep. "Really, that counts? lololololol!" just makes you sound like a twinklestump.
Twinklestump... hmm this is not telling at all.

most on here don't buy anything that's not "sanctioned" or whatever garbage as counting which is all that I'm pointing out. A WC in a different game... I mean Ronnie O is the best snooker player, many times WC, but, in pool, probably not top 50 so it really doesn't matter in a pool conversation.

anyway I can poke fun with the best of them at times, have a nice day sir.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
The 100 meter and the 10,000 meter races are still that.

People are trying to compare what Willie Mosconi did. Wouldn’t a comparison on the same table be easier.

Otherwise do it on a 6x12
lol why, willie didnt

its hard enough for snooker players to run 36-35 balls in a row

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
@wrldpro

I’m surprised that no one has ever tried to break Willie’s run on the same type table.

We used to talk about that all the time, why are people trying it on something different.

Did you ever consider it?
That table was a pro 8ft table 46x92 playing area compared to a 9ft table which is 50x100. It would be an oddball size for multiple events to use.
I will say that the smaller the table the harder it is to run big numbers. Clusters and congestion are big factors.

stevelomako

Beauvoir.
Silver Member
That table was a pro 8ft table 46x92 playing area compared to a 9ft table which is 50x100. It would be an oddball size for multiple events to use.
I will say that the smaller the table the harder it is to run big numbers. Clusters and congestion are big factors.
I guess we won’t know then. We used to talk about it all the time when I first started playing.

I think that same table with the same thick or rubber backed cloth these guys could do some damage.

I forget who right now but pretty sure someone on here has that table.

Either way, it’s a hell of a thing you’re doing giving people a chance at doing something. 👍🏻

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it's pretty simple. Mosconi did it on a 4x8 and was a record left untouched and largely unattempted. Schmidt chased it down on various 4.5x9 tables with some controversy on his transparency. Like it or not, John's efforts started a precedent on what it meant to attempt a high run. Shaw exceeded John's accomplishment on a 4.5x9 with generous pockets and some controversy on the rules to be applied.

BCA stepped in and set a standard for all future attempts (4.5x9, <= 5" corners, <= 5.3" sides, referee, all ball fouls, cameras, yadda, yadda, yadda). Since there never really was a standard and the BCA has some official standing in the industry, their standard is being embraced as good as any. So at this point we might as well just let that be it for all future official high run attempts. Beat 669 (or unofficially 714). Do it on similar equipment to what Jayson is attempting on.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
I'm from about 90 miles away from where they're from. His dad was quite well know on the English 8 Ball scene but Jayson is on a whole different level.

It should be noted that Pool is really seen as second tier to Snooker in the British Isles both in prestige and payouts - if you are good enough with a cue to go professional then Snooker is what you train towards, if you aren't good enough to be a Snooker pro then you look at other cue sports. So Shaw's dad was playing a niche within a niche. Jayson has had much more exposure by playing in the US.

Would it be worth it to pay to watch Jayson compete against his dad in snooker?

Jayson should have some training in snooker, he has been busy with straight pool and traveling.

Can he play snooker at his dad's level? It would be entertaining watching Jayson go from top pool player, to some kid who can't beat his dad.

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I’m still amazed at the accomplishment that Jayson Shaw has done.
Jayson ran an incredible 560 playing straight pool surpassing the G.O.A.T. Willie Mosconi’s World record high run of 526 for the 2nd time now.
Jayson has ran over the 500 mark 3x now with a 508/560 and 714 and certainly is the G.O.A.T. Of High Runs.
As a fierce competitor and World Champion it still isn’t enough in his mind as his quest is to break the 1,000 mark. Jayson will return in September on his quest at the 1,000 mark. Thanks everyone for viewing all his runs and the nice comments and messages to Jayson Shaw and The Legends Of Pocket Billiards.
The run is available to watch on The Legends of Pocket Billiards Facebook Page for free.
at least we have moved on from John Schmidt.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
at least we have moved on from John Schmidt.
I don't think so. It sure feels like the first post was almost designed to get the argument going again. John has also started posting on Facebook about attempting more high runs soon!

Hirsty

Would it be worth it to pay to watch Jayson compete against his dad in snooker?

Jayson should have some training in snooker, he has been busy with straight pool and traveling.

Can he play snooker at his dad's level? It would be entertaining watching Jayson go from top pool player, to some kid who can't beat his dad.
It would be a fun exhibition. I'm not sure if the dad is still wielding a cue though.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
It would be a fun exhibition. I'm not sure if the dad is still wielding a cue though.

Can Jayson afford to get his dad to compete again?

Snooker incomes are substantially larger than pool incomes. The conversion rate of UK dollars is also stronger than US currency.

It would be better if Matchroom and Emily made it happen into a professional event father and son couples are common in billiard table games.

Which father and son would do best? Scotch doubles is different than what I am proposing.

Most people have never seen family shoot together, they have seen professional pool or snooker.

The Shaw family is a perfect choice for it, can Emily Frazer make it happen. Who talks more trash Jayson's dad or Jayson?

After that is settled than it can be the Ouschan family episode, Austrian edition.

Then the German episode where they talk about what it means to be German for Thorsten vs Filler.

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shaw shoots so straight that sometimes I wonder how he ever loses. Super talent, maybe a bit of an underachiever, tournament wise. But his ability to run balls is incredible.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
@wrldpro

I’m surprised that no one has ever tried to break Willie’s run on the same type table.

We used to talk about that all the time, why are people trying it on something different.

Did you ever consider it?

The same type table would be a bit short. If somebody really wants to best Willie Mosconi they need to do it with the same equipment Willie was using. Same type of cue and tip duplicating his as closely as possible, same balls, same cloth, and one or two tries a day which is more than Willie took usually quitting unfinished from what I can gather. I'll give them only counting runs that get to 100-125 so they don't die of old age while they are trying. About the table, some reports it was eight feet, some a super eight. Need to ask Jay before he is gone, he played on the table Willie made his run on.

To be the man you have to beat the man. I can run well over a 1000 balls, in a video game. Somehow I don't think anyone is impressed! I did get the video gamers attention when they tried to move into pool gaming on the net. As in, "Who are you?" "What the hell was that?" Lost my small winnings to the feds. I outran the video game cheaters though.

Hu

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
The same type table would be a bit short. If somebody really wants to best Willie Mosconi they need to do it with the same equipment Willie was using. Same type of cue and tip duplicating his as closely as possible, same balls, same cloth, and one or two tries a day which is more than Willie took usually quitting unfinished from what I can gather. I'll give them only counting runs that get to 100-125 so they don't die of old age while they are trying. About the table, some reports it was eight feet, some a super eight. Need to ask Jay before he is gone, he played on the table Willie made his run on.

To be the man you have to beat the man. I can run well over a 1000 balls, in a video game. Somehow I don't think anyone is impressed! I did get the video gamers attention when they tried to move into pool gaming on the net. As in, "Who are you?" "What the hell was that?" Lost my small winnings to the feds. I outran the video game cheaters though.

Hu
Hi Hu,
Your requirements might be taking it a bit far. They might have different size and weights for the cue, tip , length, etc driven by a difference in size from Mosconi (not a big person).
I was worried you were going to put a challenger in the same shoes and jacket.

Will