JB Cases / Jack Justis Cases

MidLifeCrisis

Just loves cues...
Silver Member
There really are a number of top shelf case makers nowadays...
Justis(which I don't own one yet, but will at some point), John Barton, King, Engles, Whittens, Rusty Melton...I mean the choices are really endless...it's a great time to be case shopping...

Hopefully soon I'll have a custom from the JB shop....it's coming, I just know it is...:grin-square:

Anyways...you really can't go wrong with any of the case makers posted above...

I know nothing about Murnak cases...other than I've read about a few of the bottom of his cases falling out...
Bottoms Up, or out...
Clint

twal

"W"
Silver Member
Go with JB. Well worth the wait.
I got one and will never let it go.
It is beautiful and a tank.
John will make a case for you & what you want.
If going custom, this is the way to go!

robleyf7

AZB Horse 2016
Silver Member
i just got me a Jack Justise case an i love it i whont go too anything else i am sure JB cases is great too i just love Justise

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Protection is nice

but it is overrated IF you take care of your cues and case too. Mine goes from front closet to my car to the Pool room, and then back to my car and back to the front closet.

I don't leave my case when it can be jacked with when I am playing. And I don't leave my case in the car overnight.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
but it is overrated IF you take care of your cues and case too.

Drop your case in a bad place and you won't say that. Have some idiot knock it over in a bad place and you won't say that. Ge into a car accident when the case is in your car carrying your precious cues and you won't say that. It only takes once. Best intentions are one thing, reality is another.

I have never heard anybody say that protection is overrated. I mean, it's OK, that's how you feel and it's up to you. I was just amazed to read it.

Rich93

A Small Time Charlie
Silver Member
I have both - a fairly plain Justis and a fairly plain JB (I like plain). They both build high quality leather cases but I favor the JB. In fact I ordered my JB to make up for what I saw as deficiencies in the Justis. And it did make up for those deficiencies and I love it.

The Justis pockets, with the zippers on the side and the rigid tops to emboss designs on, don't hold a cue extender that I like to use and were hard to reach into to get stuff. JB let me specify larger pockets and top zippers.

As has been discussed a lot on here, the Justis interior doesn't protect as well as the JB. The JB interior holds the cues snugly with a lot of foam protection, the Justis lets them rattle around to some extent.

My JB holds a jump cue butt in the main compartment - John fashioned an insert to prevent it from falling down in the tube. This leaves more room in the pockets for accessory stuff, like the extender.

Although practical, I don't like rivets holding the case together. JB used thick stitching on mine.

Finally, the JB is less expensive.

Both JB and Justis put a lot of care into their product and are concerned that you are happy with it, but I think JB goes the extra mile in that regard. He made me an offer that I really couldn't believe. If I wasn't happy with the case he would start work on a new one and I could use the one he had sent and just send it back to him when the new one is done, no charge. I don't know if that's his standard policy or not but it kind of knocked me for a loop (I was very happy with the case he sent and didn't take advantage of this offer).

Justis makes a beautiful case and his decoration is flawless although limited in scope. From what I've seen, however, JB's team can do carving and dyeing that are worthy of being put into a museum and at a price that is very reasonable for what you're getting.

I think I saw a post that said Jack isn't taking orders for a number of months so he can clear out his backlog, but check that for yourself.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
I have my fair share of cue cases and love my John Hager 2x4 case!

They are certainly worth a look but not made any more. Mike at Omega has a few new ones left for sale. The pouches are so big EVERYTHING fits in them. Justis standard pockets and JB standard pockets do not provide room for an extension in the pocket area!!!

of course, Justis or JBcases can make a custom spot for an extension. but, you have got to wait! I compare the tubes on the JBcase, Justis & Hager and you will say hands down the hager tubes are more expensive and better!

The interior on the JBcases are a slight favorite but the Hagers win hands down on ease of access. Justis is last on interior and last on ease of access.

weight goes to JB with Justis lights in a close second with Hager last on weight. But, hager cases are backpack straps and split the load on 2 shoulders. The handles on the hager are the softest and most comfortable handles on any case I have seen!!!

Again, these are all just my opinions! my needs are not typical! i have some saddle cases all scratched up and aged and cringe at the pool room when a $1000 case gets knocked on the floor! You may want to consider that in your decision.

JB can use some durable scratch resistant materials but they are not as fashionable as the Saddle look!!! Hager provides a bungee strap to tie the case to the chair to provide better protection and keep the cues and case in tip top shape.

Happy Shopping!!!!

KD

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JB = Justis

I have a Justis case that JB replaced the interior.

I will own it for the rest of my life. I think my case with this combination is the best available..

Just saying.

Ken

Rich93

A Small Time Charlie
Silver Member
I have my fair share of cue cases and love my John Hager 2x4 case! ..................

Justis standard pockets and JB standard pockets do not provide room for an extension in the pocket area!!!
KD

Just to clarify, in a JB custom case you can specify how deep and how long you want the pockets to be, no extra waiting beyond the usual for a custom. I told him what I needed to fit my Longoni extension and he made the pocket the size I asked for.

cuejo

Cue Repair tech
Silver Member
I absolutely recommend JB cases!
I ordered mine... And waited, and waited, then waited some more :)

It turned out perfectly, I couldn't really ask for more :)

The case looks awesome, I get compliments from everyone who notices it.
It protects the cues like none other

He built it to my specs!

What more could you ask for?