Her younger days....

Attachments

• IMG_1974 (2).JPG
    IMG_1974 (2).JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 461

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Knew George Breedlove her first husband/good man.

Before Janette & I met in the early 90's in Chesapeake VA at the US Open 9 ball event this occurred in the practice room.

What I noticed was.....this Asian gal during practice time hittin' balls pretty good.

She wore a one piece WHITE mini-skirt & top, she was young and poured into it....she knew her ''east coast way'' around the pool table....she could draw her ball real good.

Last edited:

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
hoping for a long shot, or are the odds in her favor?

She can beat it, its her shot.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m so sorry to hear this, I’ve talked with her several times at pool events , she was very approachable.
A great ambassador for our game,

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"has been diagnosed with cancer ... and her friends say she now has less than a year to live"

Make a liar out of the doctors.... Make them look bad.
Amen to this! Prayers for you Jeanette

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The doctors are what Jeanette needs right now. Let's not call them liars. Instead, hope for a mighty recovery and a miracle with this disease. This is still the best country for health care. Let's not demean it with this kind of language against doctors.
You missed the point. Not demeaning at all. Please reinterpret. Make them liars...prove they are wrong. Beat the diagnosis. Screw cancer. . My family is no stranger to cancer including me personally. Doctors are special. I'm a fan of JL. Who isn't. The most recognized female player in the world. And one of a kind. Do not twist what I posted.

Last edited:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Terrible news and feel for her family. Don't see the need for the gofundme that's been set up (mentioned in article linked above) though, lots of poor people get cancer and don't have the privilege of her profile.
Pro pool players including Jeanette have not been financially compensated. Based on what’s already been contributed in one day, obviously many do not agree with you.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
There have been many cases of miraculous remissions of Cancer. I would never give up on anyone just because they get this diagnosis. If anyone can beat this it would be Jeanette! She is one of the "strongest" people I've ever met in the Pool world. And I'm not talking about physical strength either.