Jeanette Lee's version - it's different

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
clolson said:
right on the money, did anyone expect her to come out and say, "yes, i quit to spite him!".......face the facts people, she is a poolplayer, not a saint.....lol.

c-man,
Actually, yes, I would expect her to say that if it happened. I did not see any claims to sainthood in the explanation; just the facts.

If your contention is that your friend's interpretation of her motives is correct because she is not a saint; then I would ask if your friend is a saint???

I think she did say that it would make her ill to in any way enrich him financially. Isn't that direct enough for you???

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
As crappy as this situation is for both parties involved, it was great for the player and bidder of that player who Jeanette forfeited to.;)
Hope everything works out- this situation sucks, but will not be the end of the pool world. I wasn't there and don't know the whole situation, but one side seems to have a stronger case, imo.

clolson

Feisty Foster 4 MVP
Silver Member
Williebetmore said:
X-man,
Perhaps you didn't actually read the other thread. The initial poster was a FRIEND of the buyer, NOT the buyer.

Of course it is your privilege to continue to believe the fictions of anonymous posters....I myself just love science fiction.....now where did I put that anti-gravity belt, I need to fly to the store??

im not anonymous, my name is C.L. Olson.......and AZbilliards has not cleared the 'Tompnation' account name to post yet, so the guy who bought her cant even reply yet.

Sweet Marissa

www.Bella-Muse.com
Williebetmore said:
X-man,
Perhaps you didn't actually read the other thread. The initial poster was a FRIEND of the buyer, NOT the buyer.

Of course it is your privilege to continue to believe the fictions of anonymous posters....I myself just love science fiction.....now where did I put that anti-gravity belt, I need to fly to the store??
Don, I believe the buyer was using his friend's account as his isn't activated yet.

I, for one, don't know either parties so could only rely on the word of the TD, as his story (I would assume) would be un-biased, but thanks for posting her account.

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Williebetmore said:
X-man,

Relax Will,

You are correct, it was a FRIEND.

I was simply stating my observations, I know you are defending your friend.

These are just my opinions and we all know, opinions are like a$$holes,
Ian

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
Ken_4fun said:
She was offered, she refused. I would never "chase" down my horse so IMO he went above the requirement.

It wouldnt be better to be before it starts, its a requirement IMO.

I think I understand what happened.

Ken

Ken,
Probably what the buyer thought as well (or perhaps he thought because no money physically changed hands, then there was no real agreement). He should not, in my opinion, have told Brian Gregg twice during the tournament that there was an agreement; and he should have been more courteous in his change of mind (unless he just wanted something to brag about to his friends...."ha, ha, ha you should have seen how I told off Jeanette Lee...etc.,etc., etc.).

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
:frown: I don't get some people here. We're supposed be the enthusiasts of pool enthusiasts at AZB. When one of the most popular, successful women in pool gives her side of a calcutta incident gone awry, replete with available witnesses, who do many people side with? The anonymous poster representing "the buyer" ? WTF?

She said the guy made a voluntary agreement with the friggin' TD as proxy! She said it was re-confirmed. Yeah there's many sub-plots, but if there's a deal, there's a deal.

It's just sad.

Thanks for taking your valuable time Willie. And thanks to Jeanette for taking your valuable time defending your reputation in what is seemingly so assinine, but made "real" by being caught in a forum net.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Heres the thing, I have a fairly good idea of how well JL does. I don't know everything but in my opinion she is probably the highest paid pool player in the world. I was not there and she was there doing so PR for herself and a friend basically for free. because the $$ it costs to have JL come and make an appearance and do a show is ALOT. If she is willing to do all this and knowing she does well financially. it makes NO sense to me at all that a) she would buy herself unless it was just being polite (probably) b) try to make $500 by being underhanded and only costing her $70.00.
Other than the fact that amount of $ probably does not matter to her I think she is a professional and a very well known one and from what I know of her it is just not in her charecter. JMO>

Sweet Marissa

www.Bella-Muse.com
corvette1340 said:
all except mine. :thumbup:
I remember when we met in Atlanta, I was overcome by a most alluring aroma as you stood from the bar...

Attachments

• roses111.jpg
    roses111.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 556

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Willie/Don,

Her response is a bit contradictory and not very smart , for someone that makes her money from being in the public eye.

All I can say is that Jeanette is MORE than familiar with how a calcutta works. JL has stated that the money was "paltry" and basically, insignificant.

So...why ruin your image over $70 stinkin' bucks?? C'mon, Jeanette, you don't even need to consult your PR person on this one.

IMO, I would say to forget about the "buying half of yourself" stuff, let him have it all and chalk it up to poor communication. Also, check your ego. Don't be so worried about someone making a few bucks on you in a small, local calcutta, especially when JL is partially at fault for the miscommunication. Afterall, it's not enough money to make a big deal over, right?

Eric

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
There is always a problem when dealing with gamblers. I have found to never bet on anyone.

The following may be a urban legend but it may be true as strange stuff does happen in Vegas

There was a young guy playing blackjack in Vegas. He was always playing the table minimun but was on a hot winning streak. There was a high roller that asked if he could place some money on his hands. The player said sure. After a few hands the outsider was betting table max. The player was dealt a face card in the hole and another that was exposed for a total of 20. The dealer had a 6 showing. The player looked at the guy betting on his hand and said to him "Give me a $1000. or I will take a hit"

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
Sweet Marissa said:
I remember when we met in Atlanta, I was overcome by a most alluring aroma as you stood from the bar...

yeah, well you should have gone out with us that night. The scent of roses mixes very well with chilled Petron and Crown and coke.

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
Eric. said:
Willie/Don,

Her response is a bit contradictory and not very smart , for someone that makes her money from being in the public eye.

All I can say is that Jeanette is MORE than familiar with how a calcutta works. JL has stated that the money was "paltry" and basically, insignificant.

So...why ruin your image over $70 stinkin' bucks?? C'mon, Jeanette, you don't even need to consult your PR person on this one.

IMO, I would say to forget about the "buying half of yourself" stuff, let him have it all and chalk it up to poor communication. Also, check your ego. Don't be so worried about someone making a few bucks on you in a small, local calcutta, especially when JL is partially at fault for the miscommunication. Afterall, it's not enough money to make a big deal over, right?

Eric

Eric,
I guess my writing must be unclear. I don't think she "ruined" her image over this thing. It was NOT the money that made her quit (and she likes money as well as the next person), it was the guys behavior that alarmed her.

She admitted to her part in the miscommunication, and had no problems with him keeping it all; if he had just behaved better, we would never have read about any of this.

I don't think any of us would be too excited about helping enrich someone who just insulted and demeaned you in such a fashion.

P.S. - "Okay Betmore, you scum-sucking, lying, sack of sh$t; get your a$$ out there and make me some money." Hmmmm, maybe that WOULD motivate me....or maybe not.

Last edited:

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
deleted: due to forgetting tompnation's account was up from the start. My apologies.

Matt

Last edited:

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
KoolKat9Lives said:
Pasted from the JL scandal thread. I would like to call out the buyer for a response, so here's what I posted there as well:

I guess that's funny to you, that after the sh*t-storm here started by someone anonymous via proxy that she should post her account of things???

Hey CL Olson - why don't you ask "the buyer", your best friend, to post under your account asap? Either allow him access to your account, or ask him to read the threads and send you his response so you can paste it in?

Seems like common sense to me (IF I'd have gotten a raw deal, I'd be all over it).

the actual buyer posted his account of the story here, post #1

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=132726

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another note...

Did anyone watch the Jeff Beckley/Justin Bergman match at the derby?

Am I the only one who thought it was very rude how JL sat about 6ft from the table and clapped and cheered after EVERY rack Jeff won. For being a experienced gambler, it seemed very unprofessional to me.

Im sure Watchez noticed...;)
Ian

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Williebetmore said:
Eric,
I guess my writing must be unclear. I don't think she "ruined" her image over this thing. It was NOT the money that made her quit (and she likes money as well as the next person), it was the guys behavior that alarmed her.

She admitted to her part in the miscommunication, and had no problems with him keeping it all; if he had just behaved better, we would never have read about any of this.

I don't think any of us would be too excited about helping enrich someone who just insulted and demeaned you in such a fashion.

P.S. - "Okay Betmore, you scum-sucking, lying, sack of sh$t; get your a$$ out there and make me some money." Hmmmm, maybe that WOULD motivate me....or maybe not.

Don,

I think i got the gist of the message (with all due respect). It sounded like JL got her ego rubbed wrong by the calcutta buyer. Now, while it can be hard to swallow your pride (lord knows i've been there), you really have to think about it. Remember, she is a person that makes he money being well known in the Pool community. Think about that. I know, in my profession (money manager), I wouldn't go into a gathering of investors and get into any ego driven disagreements. That would be pennywise and dollar foolish.

Eric >for what it's worth