john schimdt is coming home

vicki h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
john just recently sold his poolroom in wheeling wv and is coming back to cali. johns been gone for 10 years so cali gets back one of its greats. weve got a perfect gold crown 5 set up with 4 3/16 pockets with tourney blue hr ready for you to practice on. everybody at garys is excited to have you back, welcome home john. gary henry owner of garys victor billiards
 
Ca billiards is going to bid for his services. Among the perks, free meals, room, movies, cash rewards, a NEW car, plane tickets, hotel rooms. JRHendy is being replaced.
 
I've always thought of John as "Victorville John" I have great memories of him banging heads with Morro at night working to get over the "Morro Hump." Which he did at no small cost but then he owned him. All of this while learning One Pocket from Jack Cooney during the day and playing Keith from time to time. Hope that he is coming home "whole". Welcome back John!
 
john just recently sold his poolroom in wheeling wv and is coming back to cali. johns been gone for 10 years so cali gets back one of its greats. weve got a perfect gold crown 5 set up with 4 3/16 pockets with tourney blue hr ready for you to practice on. everybody at garys is excited to have you back, welcome home john. gary henry owner of garys victor billiards

That's exciting news...for you! :thumbup: Wish he was coming to Arizona. :(

Roger
 
If he does...

I'll have to make some trips up to victorville....

John, you out there? What kind of weight you gonna give me????

Jaden
 
John

I've always thought of John as "Victorville John" I have great memories of him banging heads with Morro at night working to get over the "Morro Hump." Which he did at no small cost but then he owned him. All of this while learning One Pocket from Jack Cooney during the day and playing Keith from time to time. Hope that he is coming home "whole". Welcome back John!

Not sure what that means. Knowing John as I have, he's 'whole' wherever he decides to go. I'm not sure what happened in Wheeling, but I hope he decided that making sandwiches is for guys like us, and his talents are better spent at a higher level... Picasso didn't paint houses-just sayin.
 
I met and talked to John in Marietta a few years ago and I have to say he might be the nicest, most down to earth pro I have ever met. We talked for all kinds of stuff from golf to 1 hole to life in general. I wish him well wherever he goes.
 
I hope he did OK on the pool hall and this was a choice and he sold it and not a collapse of the place in a crappy economy. He seemed pretty happy with it when last he was on here posting about his new pool hall, former professional pool player turned sandwich maker and all.
 
Wow.. Back to Cali? I was hoping that since he was in the east he would have a chance at making it.... Best bet he had would have been to move south or north... West is a shot to no where......:p Take that you west coasters LOL
 
Hey!!!!

Wow.. Back to Cali? I was hoping that since he was in the east he would have a chance at making it.... Best bet he had would have been to move south or north... West is a shot to no where......:p Take that you west coasters LOL

It's better than only being able to get bar box action in Knoxville....
;)

Jaden
 
Last edited:
It's better than only being able to get bar box action in Knoxville....
;)

Jaden

point taken but I was thinking a wee bit further south... Bar box action in Knoxville has been known to screw with the heads of world class players from time to time...
 
Chronology

I've always thought of John as "Victorville John" I have great memories of him banging heads with Morro at night working to get over the "Morro Hump." Which he did at no small cost but then he owned him. All of this while learning One Pocket from Jack Cooney during the day and playing Keith from time to time. Hope that he is coming home "whole". Welcome back John!

GaryB-

When was John hanging with/playing Bobby Hunter and where? Was that in the Sacramento area, or elsewhere? Was John already a strong 14.1 player before associating with Bobby?

Jack Cooney- was that up in Victorville? Mentor/cheap sets/instructional sessions, or more serious competition?

Was Victorville era also Mini-Winnebago era?

Is there a Thanksgiving tournament this year at Gary's/Victor?

Looking forward to seeing John in the local SoCal scene in the near future.

Thanks for the update.
 
I never pictured John in WV. Just didn't seem right. He is more tuned for Cali. Now get him on his 14.1 game.
 
Back
Top