John Schmidt's 626

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
I see yer a cancer survivor -good 4 u ( I mean that) I am trying to survive a different form of cancer - the Fake news Media - i'm afraid it's spreading.
it reads the nice way

I didnt need the ( extra help )

fighting through i feel it on days, this forum is better than documenting other daily activities.

your posts are nice to read.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The whole thing smells.

Trying to monetize a video
Shouldn’t take this long. And how marketable is that video? How big is the audience really gonna be? And if it was free how big would the audience be? Not much to really sell here sadly. And it’s not getting better

if I had the ability to run over 527 I’d have contacted every media outlet possible and made a announcement that I was going to crush a long standing record by a well known name “Willie” and marketed it BEFORE I broke the record. But hey, what do I know about $?

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
okee - fair enough please note I find it strange that only a few are allowed to view the tape and claim Mosconi's record has IN FACT been surpassed, as far as age is concerned - a yard stick for lunatics - is one point of view, I seriously doubt (no matter yer age) that you have hit as many pool balls as I have in relation to 14.1. I have enough hundred + runs in 14.1 - for yer pal Jewett to have it as decor for his wallpaper, what gives him the elite status to see the chopped 626 - and not allow me to see it? I am not trying to be diffivult here as I feel it's a valid point I'm making. I might mention I was the last American standing at the World Straight Pool Championships (receiving the bronze medal) and multiple titles at the DCC 14.1 challenges as well - one in which Bob Jewett helped sponsor. Of course I never agreed with the premise that "it's not about WHAT you know - but WHO - that is another huge crock of u know what.

So what is viewable evidence for Bob the $ sponsor - should be viewable also for any true 14.1 player - who honestly wants to watch the un edtited video - that bca, Bob, and j.s. say exists. I am not calling Bob a liar here - but it don't look good for him or bca or j.s. as fas as being transparent with their award winning mystery tape i.e. chopped video. In fact I would say Mosconi's family has a lawsuit - but I'm no lawyer. I have seen enough red tape from bca/j.s/pred cues co's to last me a lifetime.
That may be a new record for most nonsense in a single post.

Take your complaint to the BCA or just let it go. Its a BCA record so guess who gets to decide if it is a new record or not...if you answered the BCA give yourself a gold star. If you said anyone else you don't understand life beyond the internet.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
if I had the ability to run over 527 I’d have contacted every media outlet possible and made a announcement that I was going to crush a long standing record by a well known name “Willie” and marketed it BEFORE I broke the record. But hey, what do I know about $?

So you think "a person you've never heard of is going to try to break a record you didn't know existed, in a game you likely don't understand, currently held by that guy your Dad used to watch on Wide World of Sports....no, not Minnesota Fats... the other guy" is a prime time news story?

Sorry, this is not news outside a very small circle.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ding Dong, Ding Dong, DingDong. More bellyaching from the unknown, unplaying pool playing 14.1 wannabees. Ya'll have missed the mark, once again. JS chose the wrong player to mimick. He picked up Minnesota Fats mouthy lip service, just say you're the best over and over and over, etc..........
Eventually they'll believe it without question, evidence or proof.
Welcome to the DingDong Club. Look for it to be in Ripley's BON.
Speaking of non-playing hacks, what have you done on a pool table?

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Makes you wonder, doesn't it, jackleg. I will quote one of your favorites "I'll play you, any game of pocket pool, for whatever you can scrape up, anywhere, anytime", and with one eye(my choice), shut. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, you non-playing hacker of all hacks, No-Ball. Bring that silver-surfer with you. yewno

Translation: I got Bronze at the World 14.1 event

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Makes you wonder, doesn't it, jackleg. I will quote one of your favorites "I'll play you, any game of pocket pool, for whatever you can scrape up, anywhere, anytime", and with one eye(my choice), shut. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, you non-playing hacker of all hacks, No-Ball. Bring that silver-surfer with you. yewno
Wrong, again.
Forgot who(m) ur typing ta.
That doesn't answer the question about what you've won.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still talking outta ur arse, cause ur head knows better. Wait a minute, try to hold that thought, even though I know that you cannot think for urself.
Oh, by the way, whose making up all that sh*t u come up wit?
John schmidt.
john--1--jpeg-.jpg

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
For what it's worth

I haven't read every post, but have read many. I only played 14:1 continuous a handful of times in the early seventies, but believed then as I do now, that the game is an unrivaled test of skill. IMHO to hold the record at 14:1 is the pinnacle achievement in pocket billiards (snooker not withstanding). My only interest is knowing definitely that the person holding that record earned it legitimately. A well respected person has attested to that.

That being said, I'm curious why so much time has passed without the video being made available. Is there something wrong with the video? Is it being withheld out of disappointment because it appears it will not produce a huge payday? Why did he not "strike while the iron is hot?"

It has been said that John Schmidt owes us nothing. I respectfully disagree. To hold yourself out to have achieved such an astounding feat and feel no obligation to share that with the pool community you have been a part of for so many years seems quite selfish. Not saying he should not be paid, but the market will determine the video's financial worth. Decide what path will yield the most and get on with it.
This I can agree with, standard video marketing procedure (or so I hear) is to offer a teaser' video on youtube and post a link to where the video can be purchased - this was never done from schmidts camp - I think due to the fact that there is indeed a problem with the video evidence - or lack of. Nice timing as well with the distraction of ouchi fauchi shut down corruption. When I had my run of 280 for sale I had the disc locked - this makes it difficult to bootleg. I really don't think the bca or j.s. will ever lift their mask on the details of why they fail to show evidence that Mosconi's 526 has been surpassed. But eventually if cowards want to dance - they will have to pay the fiddler.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
"Honestly, I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with the video," Schmidt confessed. "I've got to monetize this to a degree. I don't really make money in pool. It is an opportunity for me and I can't let that pass by. I'm not going to simply release this video for free and end up dying broke behind a Walgreens. If the world won't allow me to get something from this video, then I guess the world will never see it."

Pay attention.... The world isn't paying hostage demands.
Your no knuckhead Radar (notice the caps on he R) that post earned you a Harriman gold star - very intuitive and relevant to the topic at hand. As you know some people respond with anger when afraid or embarrased - I think that is what we see with that last facebook post you have put on display from John. I AM paying attention - John is angry at the world - it's the World's fault we are not allowed to see his claim of 626 - not John's inability to market a chopped turd phony video. Many facebook/fake news catalyst's will blame their fake news on it being 'the way of the world'.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I don’t care if he does or he doesn’t. I’m just stating an opinion and honestly I know from chatting with him on fb he doesn’t come on az anymore . He got chased off by the trolls like all pros who have come here . He lost his moment and I understand at this point why people are questioning it. It seem like forever a go when this happened.

Klink

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think he set the record. The video has been seen and was offered to be watched by anyone who showed up and paid to watch it. The guy has multiple verified 400 plus runs and a US Open 9 ball Championship to boot. Harriman is just jealous he couldn’t break the old record much less the new record.

I say everyone should just congratulate John and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plhlolelnlilx

F.I.S.H.
Silver Member
Threads like this are the reason AZB has been in the garbage for years. The same ten no talent losers sharing a single brain cell so they can talk negatively about people they wish they could be.

Two facts remain...

John Schmidt ran 626 and you'll be here on AZB shitting out your worthless opinions until you die.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow .. it’s been 2 years already since this happened. Good lord the older you get the faster time just roles lol