Joss II on the Bay

JC

Coos Cues
Anyone can clearly see that's not a Joss cue it's a Jossll. I don't think anyone is going to get fooled who knows enough about cues to ever realize they got tricked. And the guy has 100% positive feedback on over 100 transactions. The cue must have good glue on the tip and arrive straight. The type of person who would buy this thinking it was uptown would surely roll it on the table first thing. After all that's the only thing they know about cues is to roll them on a table to see if they wobble. And it the tip doesn't fall off right away then the world is right. I'm not even sure they're breaking the law, but I'm not an intellectual property lawyer either but I do know it's a gray area of the law much of the time. If they were trying to get Joss prices then I may object to what they're doing but they're not so anyone with common sense can see what it is. I feel sorry for people who get fooled by their own greed. The oldest scam on the human condition. Things that sound too good to be true are not true.

JC

roadwarrior

Registered
I'm wondering why the pictures look too familiar to me...
Found out that the ebay seller just grab the pictures from the internet and unfortunately most pictures are from this company.

Anyone knows if the 2 companies are related?:confused::smile:

Last edited:

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Thanks from Dan Janes

Dan told me he will be posting about counterfeit Joss cues in a day or two. In the mean time he ask me to thank the folks on AZ who reported on Ebay that the JossII are frauds. Sorry if I miss anyone...I counted 5 folks that reported on this thread.

sfleinen, Chopdoc, rich337, Klone & Houstoer...Thanks from Dan

Wedge

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The issue is not that anyone here though it was a real Joss, but they are using the Joss name, which pretty much implies it's a Joss. If someone was selling a Ford II car I'm sure lawyers would be visiting. They are also using the Joss logo and their shafts are marked "genuine Joss" which on it's own is breaking the law.

Anyone can clearly see that's not a Joss cue it's a Jossll. I don't think anyone is going to get fooled who knows enough about cues to ever realize they got tricked. And the guy has 100% positive feedback on over 100 transactions. The cue must have good glue on the tip and arrive straight. The type of person who would buy this thinking it was uptown would surely roll it on the table first thing. After all that's the only thing they know about cues is to roll them on a table to see if they wobble. And it the tip doesn't fall off right away then the world is right. I'm not even sure they're breaking the law, but I'm not an intellectual property lawyer either but I do know it's a gray area of the law much of the time. If they were trying to get Joss prices then I may object to what they're doing but they're not so anyone with common sense can see what it is. I feel sorry for people who get fooled by their own greed. The oldest scam on the human condition. Things that sound too good to be true are not true.

JC

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
eBay can't react to counterfeit charges from users simply because they claim some expertise.

What Dan can do is join eBay's VERO program, which is pretty easy, I'm sure he has quick access to his copyright and branding info, get verified as a VERO member by eBay, and after that, all he has to do is notify eBay that he feels a listing is for a counterfeit item and eBay will immediately terminate the auction and then it is up to the seller to prove to eBay that they have a right to sell the article. It works like a charm and eBay is glad to offer it.

If you can't see why eBay can't stop sellers just because "someone" notifies eBay that they feel its a fake, well then you don't understand how things work in the real world.

Thanks

Kevin

klone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not registered in CA

The company, Champion Amusement Co. or Champion Sport Co., is not even found on California's Secretary of State business registration site. The seller claims to be doing business from San Francisco.

I browsed through the search results with just the keyword "Champion" - no match on "Champion Amusement" and any match with "Champion Sport" is either dissolved, suspended, or forfeited.

Email on eBay is listed as champion9billiardwholesale@gmail.com - perhaps people can also lodge complaints directly, although it's highly unlikely that they'll even respond.

It's also interesting that they use the label "gator" in their cues because there's also a Chinese scooter company called Gator. What's with the fascination with "gator"? (Anyway, as you'd expect the Gator Scooters don't garner great reviews.)

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
JossII has been removed from eBay

Got an email from Dan. He was able to get eBay to remove the JossII cues from the sellers listing. Dan told me he will post a thread here when he has all the facts in order.

The seller does have other stuff for sale but no JossII's.

Wedge

PS: Dan thanks all for their support and bringing it to his attention and contacting eBay about the fraudulent sale!!!

eBay can't react to counterfeit charges from users simply because they claim some expertise.

What Dan can do is join eBay's VERO program, which is pretty easy, I'm sure he has quick access to his copyright and branding info, get verified as a VERO member by eBay, and after that, all he has to do is notify eBay that he feels a listing is for a counterfeit item and eBay will immediately terminate the auction and then it is up to the seller to prove to eBay that they have a right to sell the article. It works like a charm and eBay is glad to offer it.

If you can't see why eBay can't stop sellers just because "someone" notifies eBay that they feel its a fake, well then you don't understand how things work in the real world.

Thanks

Kevin

Surely though Ebay has some sort of trigger when enough people report an item. Maybe they don't take the auction down but there is some sort of red flag attached to the account. There has to be some way for people to identify the fakes that are not trademark issues. What if someone is trying to pass off a piece of furniture as that of some long dead person?

It would be cool if EBAY would slap an automatic "buyer beware - do your homework" type of warning on every auction.

Cracktherack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:rolleyes:

Did you copy and paste or did you talk to Dan Janes?

I've talked to Dan lots of times...and I know once you chalk the cue....good luck with any warranty.

It is his discretion...LOL! :wink: It's like talking your way out of a speeding ticket.:angry:

To understand some warranties, you might have to talk to a lawyer to figure out what it means. A Joss warranty excludes warpage and normal wear on replaceable parts such as the tip, ferrule, finish, wrap and bumper.

LOL...what is left? Thats almost the whole pool cue.:eek:

I was told "Too bad....warped cue is not covered under any warranty, as well as any other part of the cue you have touched." This warranty is streamlined to suit collectors that never touch the cue.