JW Plain Jane Player for Sale

Tiddler

AzB Silver Haired Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
FINAL PRICE SOLD before Ebay

I'm selling a Josswest cue for a friend of mine with 2 shafts, but I believe they are not original. Their ringwork is close, but not an exact match. Supposedly, the cue was sold by Keith McCready to someone at the Brass Tap in Raleigh, NC some years ago. Maybe if Jam spots this she can ask Keith if he remembers the cue and shafts. Anyway it's a well played cue made of stained BEM with standard rings at A & B. The butt weighs 16.1 oz and is straight with dings, but nothing through the finish. The shafts are both 12.8mm and weigh 3.75oz each and both have some taper roll. The shafts are 29 inches and the butt is 28.5 inches. Both tips are triangles. The owner is asking SOLD shipped and insured for the JW with 2 shafts. For another $110.00 shipped and insured he will include an OB1 with Moori tip. Or he will sell the OB1 separately. Pics to follow:

DSCN0787.jpg

DSCN0788.jpg

DSCN0789-1.jpg

DSCN0790.jpg

DSCN0791.jpg

DSCN0793.jpg

Last edited:

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 98.6%
69   1   0
This'll make you sick. i was bumming around a local bar drinking and shooting pool. some guy i know owns a similar joss but it has an ivory ferrule. it's been cracked since i've known the guy (about a year and a half) anyway he brings it up to a bar regular that claims to do cue repair and the repair guy offers to fix it. he takes the shaft and rips the ivory ferrule off with a pair of pliers only to find out that he didn't have a ferrule to replace it with. 6 months has gone buy and the guy still can't use the cue

Tiddler

AzB Silver Haired Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
poolplayer2093 said:
This'll make you sick. i was bumming around a local bar drinking and shooting pool. some guy i know owns a similar joss but it has an ivory ferrule. it's been cracked since i've known the guy (about a year and a half) anyway he brings it up to a bar regular that claims to do cue repair and the repair guy offers to fix it. he takes the shaft and rips the ivory ferrule off with a pair of pliers only to find out that he didn't have a ferrule to replace it with. 6 months has gone buy and the guy still can't use the cue

I can do you one better. I took a shaft in to have the ferrule replaced at a pool hall with a lathe and asked how he'd do it. He said he'd remove the ferrule and replace it. I said fine. Then I discovered his idea of removal was to saw off the ferrule and grind down the shaft and put on a new one. He couldn't understand why I was upset to lose only an inch of the shaft.......

PunchOut

addicted
Silver Member
Rating - 95.3%
41   2   0
Tiddler said:
I can do you one better. I took a shaft in to have the ferrule replaced at a pool hall with a lathe and asked how he'd do it. He said he'd remove the ferrule and replace it. I said fine. Then I discovered his idea of removal was to saw off the ferrule and grind down the shaft and put on a new one. He couldn't understand why I was upset to lose only an inch of the shaft.......

im sorry, but if that is true it is hilarious! :D

01rkclassic

Cell - 937-554-5637
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Tiddler said:

Ouch,hope it wasn't one of your BB!

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 98.6%
69   1   0
Tiddler said:

Wow! i can't believe that. did he pay to replace the shaft? i thought my story was sick!

i'm not lying, if that had been me the situation probably would have ended up in a fight (even if i knew i wouldn't win). that is if it was a cue i really liked anyway

how is it he got into cue repair without anyone telling him how to do the little things?

Tiddler

AzB Silver Haired Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
poolplayer2093 said:
Wow! i can't believe that. did he pay to replace the shaft? i thought my story was sick!

i'm not lying, if that had been me the situation probably would have ended up in a fight (even if i knew i wouldn't win). that is if it was a cue i really liked anyway

how is it he got into cue repair without anyone telling him how to do the little things?

This was 197X and just finding a pool room with a lathe was a chore. It was my favorite shaft at the time a curly maple Meucci that played great. I did manage to get a discount on the repair, but that shaft never played the same again.

Tiddler

AzB Silver Haired Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Trades

Since I'd have to buy the trades and give him the cash let's not tempt me further......No trades