Kamui chalk not allowed in some leagues?

poolwhiz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had a couple of people tell me they heard where kamui chalk is not allowed in some leagues and tournaments. I have not heard this. Have any of you. Thanks.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve seen it not aloud because they feel it makes a mess. Honestly I think that’s people over chalking. I never have a mess on my home table but I only brush it on lightly in between games.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
If I were running a room, it would be banned in mine. All new members would sign a liability agreement to buy a new set of balls and new cloth if they brought it in. It makes such a mess and sticks to everything, horrible to clean up.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They have changed the formula recently or at least have an edition Kamui ROKU that doesn't make the mess. Players on the stream from TS yesterday were saying they still coat their tip w the original to give it a 'base' and then chalk up every shot with the new 'mess free' product.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Any chalk makes a mess when ypu sit there and drill and twist your hand over putting a 1/8 layer on every shot

New players at my table were taught quickly how to chalk and you dont need a tony Montanaish amount for every single shot

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any chalk makes a mess when ypu sit there and drill and twist your hand over putting a 1/8 layer on every shot
the problem is that Kamui makes a mess with normal use. It sticks to everything.

New players at my table were taught quickly how to chalk and you dont need a tony Montanaish amount for every single shot

It took me a second, but that’s a good one. :thumbup:

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
I got some of the great white from vacation and never had such problems.... then again I am not a chalking plebe lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
Something new I can add to my resume:

" - Capable of operating a cube of Kamui chalk without issues"

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it's because leagues are for "amateurs" only and if you are paying over $20 for your chalk you are clearly an amazing player, so banning Kamui chalk would just equate to not allowing pros in the league.

I think Revo shafts are also banned in some leagues as are $500 leather tooled cases :cool:;)

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not a problem with the new one ;) Same grip no mess :)

I’ll believe it when I see it. My guess is the reason kamui stays on tips so long is the same reason it sticks to cue balls and cloth so much, but I’ll be happy to be proven wrong.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Master $0.12 per cube ...

This^! Never even seen a problem with Master on my table at home or in the room I played in for 25 years. Learn to chalk properly and it won't happen! I've been using Master for over 40 years.

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not on my table

It's not allowed on my home table, it makes a mess and it is hard to get off the felt. To me it seems to be a cross between vasoline and green paint

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If somebody uses it on my home table, I'll borrow my neighbors extra large mutt and bring it to the fellows house, he's trained to drag his ass across the carpets!