Karl Boyes move at world cup

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was trying to find that other match where Karl was seated infront of the guy shooting at his direction and made another move, but couldn't find it sorry, but let me tell you it was even worse than the two linked in this match, when I watched it live I was like "what the hell man" the guy who was shooting missed a straight in shot cause of it.

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can only shark yourself. These are supposedly professional players, and should be able to "block out" any distractions. If they can't do that, then they are not very good professionals, imo. In the 'old days' (1950s-1970s) people sharked all the time. It never bothered the real players...it should be the same with today's players. :rolleyes:

Scott Lee

http://poolknowledge.com

Exactly. Look at basketball players trying to shoot free throws, everyone is waving, moving etc behind the hoop. Listen to the noise at a football game when you are on offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Exactly. Look at basketball players trying to shoot free throws, everyone is waving, moving etc behind the hoop. Listen to the noise at a football game when you are on offense.

You can't compare pool to football or basketball.

Instead compare it to the game it's usually compared with...golf.

Then you'd see how wrong you are.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Not only that...

Fans doing it versus opponents doing it are two different animals.

Jaden

seven_7days

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Lol absulutely and completely different scenarios. Those players are used to sharking because it's allowed and therefore EXPECT it. Try doing that to someone attempting to sink a 15ft putt for the money and let us know how that turns out for you.

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Bull shit. Same amount of focus needed in all games.

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol absulutely and completely different scenarios. Those players are used to sharking because it's allowed and therefore EXPECT it. Try doing that to someone attempting to sink a 15ft putt for the money and let us know how that turns out for you.

Actually it would probably be better for you physiology. Even Tigers Dad rang bells, clanged pots and pans together in the middle of practice swings.

If someone Is zipping something or shaking their head bothers you then you have a "mental" issue.

Sharking makes for any easy excuse.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You'd think he would save that kind of move for an event that doesn't have high resolution cameras set up at every angle around the table.

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually it would probably be better for you physiology. Even Tigers Dad rang bells, clanged pots and pans together in the middle of practice swings.

If someone Is zipping something or shaking their head bothers you then you have a "mental" issue.

Rob, I honestly don't think it bothers ko or any other top level pro, as you mentioned its mental. The point is not who it may bother, but the level of class or lack there of it takes to even try the move. We aren't talking about a backroom pool hall in the 70's here.

Ian

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
I guess these guys have never played pool in bar :D

"Everyone stop what you're doing! I'm about to shoot!"

seven_7days

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Wow, a Karl Boyes fan.
ack2.gif

I thought the ever-elusive "Boyes Fan" myth was debunked on MonsterQuest?

The more you know.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
You can only shark yourself. These are supposedly professional players, and should be able to "block out" any distractions. If they can't do that, then they are not very good professionals, imo. In the 'old days' (1950s-1970s) people sharked all the time. It never bothered the real players...it should be the same with today's players. :rolleyes:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

This is absolute garbage! Resiliency is important, but I guarantee that no matter how good you are, you can be sharked. Even if you somehow can't be sharked, such blatant sharking attempts as this, should NEVER be tolerated in a professional event. These are supposed to be professionals, like you said. Yet they are acting like two bit hustlers. What kind of example is this setting for people learning the game?

Let me tell you story from another sport. A professional bowler is lining up on his final shot, the difference between making the strike and failing is 50k dollars. Right at the moment of release a stupid fan loudly calls the guys name. He lost the 50k. Someone calling your name is pretty much a guarantee of distracting you, especially in a tense moment. Does that mean the bowler was not good? (One of the best ever, actually).

As players of this sport we have the responsibility of speaking up against cheaters like "Zipper Boy" and the like.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More moves from Guapo

He has more moves than MMA fighter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9It-WcQQA3Y&feature=player_detailpage#t=836
Shakes shoes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9It-WcQQA3Y&feature=player_detailpage#t=1320
Blinks twice and Romanian Bab misses LOLOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9It-WcQQA3Y&feature=player_detailpage#t=3601
scratch fingers

i thought he got that from his move he tried with KK9?

obviously, when you put these 4 examples together, we can conclude that he's simply suffering from a nervous twitch. :rolleyes:

LOL yes what a twitcher :D

snucar

World Snucar Champion
Silver Member
lol

More rubbish talk on Boyes. You guys are great at inventing things....