kinister and other videos?

chazdillon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i heard his videos are pretty good but i just youtubed a few. and he seems to be playing off of straight adrenaline and i dont think i can watch that guy for hours.

any other ideas for something to watch. I will be spending alot of time making cases with the tv on and i wanted to get something that is tolerable for hours. but also helpful.

thanks
 
Saw some samples of the new DVD's with Mika Immonen looked to be great. Great graphics and a really good voiceover from the commentator.

samples here.

site here.
 
Joe's

Joe Villalpando's DVD's for great production quality and super info.

Joe Tucker's for the stroke and break.

I haven't seen John Schmidt's newer DVD's but I like the way he explains what he is thinking and doing on his 245 DVD. It ranks very high on my list of instructional DVD's and it isn't an instructional DVD.

I don't know about the new set with Mika mentioned in the posts above, it seems to get excellent reviews.

Hu
 
I got the Mastering Pool DVDs, they are awesome, and explain stuff quit well. Another one I like is the Meucci Original Pool Instructions, as well as The Beard - Banks that Don't Go is good to watch as well. Kinister is a good instructor, he is an energetic guy, loud and pretty funny at times. Though you say he is too adrenaline pumped for you, he shows some great points and great lessons in his DVDs. I don't know if I would spend the money to buy the whole set from Kinister, as you can see, it is over 1000 for the whole set and they are never going to be done with it. For that kind of money, I'd rather just spend it on a new cue.

Buddy Hall is always good, but I would definately go with the Mastering Pool DVD set before anything else. Hope this helps. Good luck and have fun with the cases haha.

Happy shooting! :)

Chino
 
> I've been down with Bert since he came out with the original 16 tape set. I agree with you,he can be repetitive and somewhat annoying to some people,but not personally. What you have to do is ignore his affect and mannerisms,and just absorb as much POOL info as you can,and trust me,you're gonna need a BIG sponge.

What you wind up with after you mentally absorb it,and go apply it,is a warehouse full of quality info you didn't have before. If you had just practiced and matched up and spent the same amount it took to buy everything he has,you still would have never figured out some of these nuances by yourself. Along the way,either on video or watching other,stronger players,and you asking better players for help,someone had to show you certain things.

You'd spend a LOT more than that if you took an ongoing series of professional lessons,and STILL not have gotten as clear of an explanation as Bert gives,Bert being a gifted analyst as to what problems inexperienced,aspiring players face when learning finer points of the game.

An example is imagining a roughly 4" circle in the exact middle of the table,and having your cueball travel thru that circle whenever possible,because when crossing that circle,it's impossible to scratch unless you're going from pocket to pocket. That little tidbit right there,mentioned in the 60 Minute Workout,has won me more money than it would cost to buy his whole inventory today.

I like the fact that when Bert is actually playing in his videos,such as The Shotmaker's Workout,that he is fired up about playing,it shows he cares.

Bottom line,if you can just ignore your personality differences,unless there are newer videos that are better,these tapes are truly "The Shortest Path To The Cash". Tommy D.
 
Kinister takes one subject and beats you over the head with it.

IMO, THIS IS HOW TO LEARN. It's almost impossible not to absorb the message he is giving, on the subject he is teaching.

And don't let his wild man antics on video send you away, he is a great teacher who has a stable of successful students. Some names may surprise you!
 
I have some of Bert's instructional material. It's good stuff, just like other teachers. Bert has his own unique personality, but I didn't analyze his personality. I listened to the message & watched the demonstration being given. Bert has several tapes, which if you master the material, you will be tuff enuff.

Pool is full of personalities, Bert is one them...
 
chazdillon...Here's a couple! You have to be careful, though...you might learn something...and a little knowledge can be dangerous! :D

http://www.amazon.com/Play-Better-P...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1234826660&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Play-Better-Pool-Taking-Level/dp/B001AW3UMW/ref=pd_bxgy_d_img_b

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

chazdillon said:
any other ideas for something to watch. I will be spending alot of time making cases with the tv on and i wanted to get something that is tolerable for hours. but also helpful.

thanks
 
Hey Chazdillion, Scott Lee & Randy have good set of instructions for you. They're a real pair to draw to... for help on the green...

You can spend a year of playing, without really learning something that will be useful in every shot, every game or every match. But you can take lessons & learn from videos & get to your destination point quicker... proven FACT.

ROTE has always outrun by Teachers & Instructors....
 
It sort of depends on what level you are at and what you want to learn.

If your looking for something you can have on for many hours and enjoy it then you may want to look at Accustat tapes. If you get ones with good commentary you will be surprised what you can learn, and REALLY enjoy what you are watching :)
 
I have 55 of Bert's Tapes. There is a lot of stuff to absorb. Some are not worth the money but you get a big discount by buying the whole package.

He does beat the topic to death but what he is doing is showing that you have to work on what he is teaching. He will show why shots are missed. Why you have to do something over and over. What needs to be avoided. Why the stuff is hard to perform. He does not edit anything and shows shots if they are made or missed. In turn it shows how hard the pros or anyone has to work to improve their game.

The guy is a great teacher and player. The more you see the more you know that you don't know.
 
Beware_of_Dawg said:
Saw some samples of the new DVD's with Mika Immonen looked to be great. Great graphics and a really good voiceover from the commentator.

samples here.

site here.


nathandumoulin said:
I just wanted to thank a few of you for the support. Much appreciated. :thumbup:


Can I get a referal bonus for that recommendation? :thumbup:

[/shameless pool DVD pan handling]
 
Last edited:
Lessons from Joe Villalpando too

I know this thread isn't about lessons but I just got off of the phone with Joe and he mentioned someone coming in from Montana for lessons. I very much like his style on the DVD's and think that lessons from him would be great too.

For DVD's or to talk about lessons:
(563) 676-2027

Hu
 
Back
Top