Leonardo Andam- R.I.P

THE MONTREALER

THE MONTREALER
Silver Member
Could it have been another person with the same name? An accident...?

HI I am so relived that Andam is still alive i used to watch him play in Tournaments when he came to the Usa.

Also heard that he was a great Snooker Player maybe some one knows

Cheers Leonard

Bayawak

Tirador
Silver Member
Yeah brother yall certainly took us all off! After u guys came thru town I wasn't Bmore Money I was NO MORE MONEY LOL! For real though what a great move asking if anyone wanted to bet more being down 10-3 going to 13! Yall must have known ya had the nuts huh? Were u the one that played my friend red headed Jeremy ( he was a tall kinda oafy red headed kid ) giving him the 8 I believe before the Tom match went down? I remember Andam did this crazy one handed shot quite a bit, if he couldn't reach he'd lay the cue on the table and pick it up with one hand, drill the ball dead center pocket every time and juice the cue ball multiple rails get perfect and run dead out! Awesome to see thats for sure! And ur def right, just when we thought he couldn't possibly play any better than he did at Jack & Jills he did go over to Running Out and hit yet another gear - it was unreal.

Hello Bmoremoney,

Yeah, that was a fun match between Dodong and Cigar Tom. To be honest, it was Dodong who persuaded us to do it. I was really reluctant about his proposition to us but I guess, at the time, we had more money than brains, hah,hah, hah!!! Actually, it was a calculated move on our part and we were confident because Dodong was sure that he could pull it off. Incidentally, it was his birthday that day that he played Cigar Tom.

As for your boy Jeremy, no, I wasn't the one who played him. I just shot with Dodong to warm him up and to "read" the table.

He also played Buddy Dennis aka "Baltimore Bullet" giving him the 7 on a very tight Diamond table at Sharks at Gallows Road here in Virginia. It was clear that he really outclassed Buddy Dennis. He said that Cigar Tom was a lot tougher than Buddy Dennis.

On a brighter note, I am still waiting for confirmation on this terrible news about Andam. I am getting conflicting reports from a lot of people about his "demise". I'll post again as soon as I get word from my unimpeachable source.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello Bmoremoney,

Yeah, that was a fun match between Dodong and Cigar Tom. To be honest, it was Dodong who persuaded us to do it. I was really reluctant about his proposition to us but I guess, at the time, we had more money than brains, hah,hah, hah!!! Actually, it was a calculated move on our part and we were confident because Dodong was sure that he could pull it off. Incidentally, it was his birthday that day that he played Cigar Tom.

As for your boy Jeremy, no, I wasn't the one who played him. I just shot with Dodong to warm him up and to "read" the table.

He also played Buddy Dennis aka "Baltimore Bullet" giving him the 7 on a very tight Diamond table at Sharks at Gallows Road here in Virginia. It was clear that he really outclassed Buddy Dennis. He said that Cigar Tom was a lot tougher than Buddy Dennis.

On a brighter note, I am still waiting for confirmation on this terrible news about Andam. I am getting conflicting reports from a lot of people about his "demise". I'll post again as soon as I get word from my unimpeachable source.
Those tables at the shark club were very tough.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Hi friends,

I have received news that Dodong Andam is alive and well.

I was misinformed by a couple of pool friends about Dong's supposedly untimely demise.
One highlighted a heart attack and the other a motorcycle accident.
I should have known better to personally confirm the news before I posted the news on my FB account.

I guess the sadness that enveloped me when I received the text messages of his death got the better of me.
It will not happen again.

I take full responsibility for the misinformation that I have "helped" create.
My sincerest apologies to everyone. I am hoping for your kind understanding.

I am so sorry, friends.

AK

PS
In all honesty, I am very happy that Dong is alive and well.
With regard to the embarrassing situation I am into,
I think I'm going to crawl under a rock now and stay there for a few days.
Though, I think i am going to need a big rock because of my size. :)

Thx, great news. Makes me wanna say DaDung :))))

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
To his family and friends I'm sad for your loss. About 25+ years ago I was fourtunate/unfortunate :grin: to play him/match play in Denver in a big event, at Table Steaks in Edgewater on the front shimmed 9' GC. His demeanor was great, his table manners were very accommodating and his ability to play on a dirty, shimmed worn cloth front table was impressive. He made one shot on me I still vividly remember to this day and had only seen it a couple times before. When I compare him to the other pinoy players during that time, he was right there with all cept efren, but he could definitely beat efren in match play. His appearance as a player reminded me of Little AL Romero from Los Angeles, nothing fancy cept the balls went in the hole all the time, especially for this man. RIP

Will be interesting to hear what Helfert will say.

That would of been table 15
RIP Leonardo Andam

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really hope Dodong's still alive and well.

When he laid low back in the late 90s/early 2000, I was playing him EVEN everyday, at Lucky 13 or Sunrise, and I always came up ahead...

We were playing mahjongg and cards btw!
1202.gif

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Well... Hasn't this been a roller coaster of a thread!

Am very happy to hear he is alive and well. Having known little @ Leonardo, hearing some of his accomplishments and stories was good to read, but now we can read them with a smile! :grin: