Let's All Support Stan

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think he wanted to post it on here or he would have. Out of courtesy to both Stan and people who might be interested I'm referring people there.

I understand. I went to Facebook and didn't see anything like what you are talking about. Maybe I misunderstood something.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't understand. Is Stan offering a $5,000 challenge of some sort?

Let's give him a little time to open it up. I don't feel comfortable sharing something that he shared with Friends only. If I had realized that at first I wouldn't have even made a reference to it.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let's give him a little time to open it up. I don't feel comfortable sharing something that he shared with Friends only. If I had realized that at first I wouldn't have even made a reference to it.

No problem

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Very old video from when Brandon was in the beginning stages of CTE. He uses it completely now and that is easily verified by his comments on his FB page.

PS Brandon has a very good reputation as a person. To insinuate he would teach it just to teach it is in very poor taste. Brandon will teach everything he believes in.
PSS You live close enough to him, take a lesson and decide for yourself.

Brandon seems like a genuine stand-up guy. No poor taste on my part. I was just saying that of course he would teach CTE if someone asked for it and he's been certified to teach Stan's version of it (Pro1). I'm not insinuating anything other than the fact that most instructors will teach you whatever you ask for, as long as they feel qualified to teach it, and you're paying for it.....not if they "believe" in it. I'm sure a player could go to Stan for a lesson on the old traditional 5 Lines system, and Stan would give the lesson because that's what the player is paying for, despite Stan believing Pro1 is the superior aiming method.

And that interview Dan was referring to was from 2017... not that old. In the video Brandon says it's been "three years" since he learned Pro1, so that's not exactly in the beginning stages. I particular liked how he described using pro1 mainly to get him back in stroke any time his normal "feel" was getting out of whack. He said when this happens he resorts back to pro1 and it "slaps everything back into place. " I like this because I've said the same thing about Poolology. You and a couple of others fried me for that with silly questions like, "If it's that good then why don't you use it all the time?" Lol. The same question could've been directed to Brandon Shuff about his use of Pro1 then.

I don't follow Brandon on Facebook, but if he's using pro1 full time now....good for him. Pro players need any edge they can get over their competition. Hell, maybe in 3 to 5 years I'll be using Poolology on every shot, but I doubt it because that would defeat the whole purpose of the system, which is to help players develop a feel for shots, like Brandon was talking about in that video.

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brandon seems like a genuine stand-up guy. No poor taste on my part. I was just saying that of course he would teach CTE if someone asked for it and he's been certified to teach Stan's version of it (Pro1). I'm not insinuating anything other than the fact that most instructors will teach you whatever you ask for, as long as they feel qualified to teach it, and you're paying for it.....not if they "believe" in it. I'm sure a player could go to Stan for a lesson on the old traditional 5 Lines system, and Stan would give the lesson because that's what the player is paying for, despite Stan believing Pro1 is the superior aiming method.

And that interview Dan was referring to was from 2017... not that old. In the video Brandon says it's been "three years" since he learned Pro1, so that's not exactly in the beginning stages. I particular liked how he described using pro1 mainly to get him back in stroke any time his normal "feel" was getting out of whack. He said when this happens he resorts back to pro1 and it "slaps everything back into place. " I like this because I've said the same thing about Poolology. You and a couple of others fried me for that with silly questions like, "If it's that good then why don't you use it all the time?" Lol. The same question could've been directed to Brandon Shuff about his use of Pro1 then.

I don't follow Brandon on Facebook, but if he's using pro1 full time now....good for him. Pro players need any edge they can get over their competition. Hell, maybe in 3 to 5 years I'll be using Poolology on every shot, but I doubt it because that would defeat the whole purpose of the system, which is to help players develop a feel for shots, like Brandon was talking about in that video.

It's naive to think that every upstanding athlete only pushes products they believe in and use themselves. As a typical freshman democrat congresswoman would say, "It's all about the Benjamins." In a business (billiards) where top pros have to live in their parents basement to make ends meet, the incentive is that much more to make money in any way they can. I think most wouldn't support products that they really DISbelieve in, but there is a wide spectrum between completely believing in something and completely hating it.

This discussion reminds me of pro tennis players who use a particular racquet for endorsements. What they don't tell you is that the racquet often is custom made for that player to his liking and might have no similarity to the "same" one on the market.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the big deal?

If I'm giving a lesson and the guy wants me to teach him an aiming system or a diamond system, neither of which I use, I'd be happy to. Shoot, if he wanted I might even teach him some Pro1, lol.

Lou Figueroa

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the big deal?

If I'm giving a lesson and the guy wants me to teach him an aiming system or a diamond system, neither of which I use, I'd be happy to. Shoot, if he wanted I might even teach him some Pro1, lol.

Lou Figueroa

Teaching things you don't know makes you WHAT? A fraud. A fake. And most notably a LOSER.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

No, it was very poor taste. The same shit that has chased every PRO off the AZ forums.
Two years ago that interview was. Long time, things have changed. Final pieces have been put in. Next two years in CTE will be even more exciting.
Brandon teaches and is becoming certified in CTE because he believes in it, and uses it, end of story.

PS Brian get back to us when you get bona fide endorsements from Pro's and Mosconi cup hero's instead of compliments from APA 3's.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think he wanted to post it on here or he would have. Out of courtesy to both Stan and people who might be interested I'm referring people there.

Based off a recent conversation with Stan, I doubt he will ever post on this forum again. Makes me sad, though I am sure the ones that made this aiming forum such a miserable section, that is probably what they wanted

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's naive to think that every upstanding athlete only pushes products they believe in and use themselves. As a typical freshman democrat congresswoman would say, "It's all about the Benjamins." In a business (billiards) where top pros have to live in their parents basement to make ends meet, the incentive is that much more to make money in any way they can. I think most wouldn't support products that they really DISbelieve in, but there is a wide spectrum between completely believing in something and completely hating it.

This discussion reminds me of pro tennis players who use a particular racquet for endorsements. What they don't tell you is that the racquet often is custom made for that player to his liking and might have no similarity to the "same" one on the market.

Which top Pro is living in there parents basement?
Your posting here reminds me of two things.
1 An apa teammate of Brian's cheering him on
2 A typical AZ poster continuing to post bullshit just because they can

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
No, it was very poor taste. The same shit that has chased every PRO off the AZ forums.
Two years ago that interview was. Long time, things have changed. Final pieces have been put in. Next two years in CTE will be even more exciting.
Brandon teaches and is becoming certified in CTE because he believes in it, and uses it, end of story.

PS Brian get back to us when you get bona fide endorsements from Pro's and Mosconi cup hero's instead of compliments from APA 3's.

I don't know anything about chasing off pros. And I don't doubt that Brandon has more CTE knowledge now than he did then.

As far as pro endorsements....they really dont mean much. I mean, these guys were world beaters prior to CTE pro1. The type of endorsements that matter are ftom average players that have actually improved.

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your posting here reminds me of two things.
1 An apa teammate of Brian's cheering him on
2 A typical AZ poster continuing to post bullshit just because they can

Teaching things you don't know makes you WHAT? A fraud. A fake. And most notably a LOSER.

I'd take him over an aiming forum hack any day.

These are the inspiring contributions cookie man has made today to various other members of the forum. Others are expressing their opinions about public figures in the pool world and are doing so without malice and without returning fire at cookie man. Cookie man, on the other hand, is engaging in his usual one or two line personal attacks on other forum members.

Here's some advice: let other forum members have an opinion and don't take everything so personally, especially because nothing said to date has been directed at you. You don't have to disagree with everything you read all the time, every single time, and with such anger.

Keep it up ol' boy and only bad things can come of it.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Based off a recent conversation with Stan, I doubt he will ever post on this forum again. Makes me sad, though I am sure the ones that made this aiming forum such a miserable section, that is probably what they wanted

This forum was created to get aiming threads off the main board which was being destroyed by them. The subtitle of this forum is "argue to your heart's content." So the aiming forum was "ruined" the day it was created. It was designed as a dumpster where the fire can burn itself out. Over time the mods decided to censor the opinions in favor of allowing falsehoods to be propagated. At least now it is mostly civil... mostly.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This forum was created to get aiming threads off the main board which was being destroyed by them. The subtitle of this forum is "argue to your heart's content." So the aiming forum was "ruined" the day it was created. It was designed as a dumpster where the fire can burn itself out. Over time the mods decided to censor the opinions in favor of allowing falsehoods to be propagated. At least now it is mostly civil... mostly.

Cause you, lou, joey and a few others ran everyone off:rolleyes:

Reading through any thread in here is painful, anyone familiar with my posting knows I like to argue a bit(ok a lot). But the level you guys take it, I am just left shaking my head in disgust, guys kicking the dead horse.

I know you guys think cte is bullshit, but to go through basically every thread derailing any conversation is just nuts.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cause you, lou, joey and a few others ran everyone off:rolleyes:

Reading through any thread in here is painful, anyone familiar with my posting knows I like to argue a bit(ok a lot). But the level you guys take it, I am just left shaking my head in disgust, guys kicking the dead horse.

I know you guys think cte is bullshit, but to go through basically every thread derailing any conversation is just nuts.

This forum was created and ruined before I even knew it existed (I don't even know who Joey is). In whose world is exposing false statements equal to running everybody off? I have numerous videos, one in particular, that prove conclusively that certain claims that were being made were false. If you are interested pm me your email address and we can go over it there. It isn't allowed to be discussed here.

You are living in the past if you think bashing CTE is killing this thread. How many posts in the last 6 months here have anything to do with CTE? The moderators did a pretty good job of intimidating most people out of speaking their minds. They also wanted the arguing to stop (in a forum where the subtitle is "argue to your heart's content, btw) and they succeeded. They also killed off interest in the forum and traffic in general. JMO.