***Let's see your Jeff Olney cues***

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you want to debate the things wrong with the cue market, then begin a new thread in the appropriate forum. Provide some legitimate input instead of a bystander's speculation, and you might get some serious and meaningful debate. If you feel so strongly that you have the answers to fix cue makers' broken business practices, then maybe offer up yourself as a consultant for cue makers to confide in.
This is a forum where opinions flow freely. I would not have quoted someone had they not already taken the topic in the direction in which I responded.

I did not intend to sidetrack a thread in an inappropriate direction. I responded to someone already doing it.

I do feel strongly about the state of the industry and I do feel that I provide legitimate input as a business owner(twice over) and a cuemaker(hobby) myself.

With that said, I agree, this is not the most appropriate place to continue the debate.

Last edited:

lenoxmjs

Brazilian Rosewood Fan
Silver Member
I've had several dealings with Jeff . Always a positive experiance. He makes me what I want. I pay when completed . He's always delivered in the time quoted or very close. Just my first hand experiance.

JoshStodola

My stroke is garbage
Silver Member
20 people in your shop? Lies. You can't fit 20 people in your shop.
Watching the deal go down where you completely screwed me out of MY cue?

He's being sarcastic! You are so serious over a pool cue.
Jeff offered to make another for $800 and you can flip it
for a big profit and live happily ever after. Maybe he don't
like sellin his cues to demanding flippers, just a thought

JoshStodola

My stroke is garbage
Silver Member
One of the worst things I've ever read here. This is the whole point of running a business like a business and having polices in place when you take an order.

Because when a customer places an order the seller doesn't have the right to do whatever the hell he wants.

Your mentality is a detriment to the industry. People like you do nothing but drag this industry down when you make excuses for horrible business practices.

You probably don't know what it's like to have people
constantly bugging you. It's not a corporation, it is a
one man operation. There is no board of directors.
He can do whatever the hell he wants, whether you
like it or not. This guy didn't have a penny into the cue.
He probably made money off his "many" previous cues.
You guys need to keep your expectations in check.
You can't apply the lenders slave concept here.

Luck1st

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You probably don't know what it's like to have people
constantly bugging you. It's not a corporation, it is a
one man operation. There is no board of directors.
He can do whatever the hell he wants, whether you
like it or not. This guy didn't have a penny into the cue.
He probably made money off his "many" previous cues.
You guys need to keep your expectations in check.
You can't apply the lenders slave concept here.

FYI. It was Jeffs idea for me to buy the 3 Extra cues to turn a profit to pay for the High End cue I designed. His exact words.

Never bugged him about the cue throughout the years. Just asked him how it was coming whenever I talked to him during to build of the extra cues.
Which he originally said would only take about 1 month a piece.
But really took almost 2 years to finish,. These cues where basically built, but as he said... Just need put together.

Keeping my expectations in check. Meaning like I always told Jeff. Whatever it takes, no hurry, just have always wanted a Hoppe cue like I designed.
And only Expected to get a chance to buy My Cue I designed.
But as Jeff said. He hated that I missed it by calling 19 minutes to late.

What if he would have called me and said....... Come buy this cue or else, or can you PayPal me the money. Something other than what happened. Him showing someone My cue over the weekend and telling them.. If he don't come up by 8:00pm on Sunday night you can buy it.

The part about not having the money. That was never a problem.
The day I designed my cue. I put $200 down on it. Then came out the extra cues he had. He asked the 3 of us that were there if we wanted any of them. Just NEEDED to put money down on them. We all put $100 on each one we wanted. 3 for me 3 for the other guy and 2 for the other. Jeff got the cash up front, then took his sweet A$$ time making good on his end. All of the extra cues were paid in full as soon as he completed them. Not one issue, EVER. Never complained because it took so long.

BTW. He retracted his offer to make me a better Cue for $800.

jeff olney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A few older pics thanks for looking more pics coming. Jeff

Attachments

• bo006.jpg
    bo006.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 761
  • bo0010.jpg
    bo0010.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 836
  • butt with ivory and mop.jpg
    butt with ivory and mop.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 807
  • cd ven..jpg
    cd ven..jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 807
  • cd1birdseye[1].jpg
    cd1birdseye[1].jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 833

jeff olney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A few more pics hopefully better than fighting. Jeff

Attachments

• bno8.jpg
    bno8.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 801
  • bnh2.jpg
    bnh2.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 808
  • bn09.jpg
    bn09.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 730
  • finebutt2032-1536.jpg
    finebutt2032-1536.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 730
  • fl butt.jpg
    fl butt.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 806

jeff olney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some older pics. Jeff

Attachments

• ebony pys on be with mop.jpg
    ebony pys on be with mop.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 765
  • pf2.jpg
    pf2.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 729
  • pf11.jpg
    pf11.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 807
  • tony%20green2.jpg
    tony%20green2.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 803
  • Olney2.jpg
    Olney2.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 731

jeff olney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hope you guys like the pics, and thanks for looking. Jeff

Attachments

• nice coco too.JPG
    nice coco too.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 754
  • 0001d.jpg
    0001d.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 809
  • 4 point white blue red black.jpg
    4 point white blue red black.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 814
  • birdseye bt.jpg
    birdseye bt.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 823
  • blocks cu.jpg
    blocks cu.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 946

jeff olney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last of the pics for now, I may post more later if you like them. Jeff

Attachments

• birdseye forearm with points.jpg
    birdseye forearm with points.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 828
  • cc2.JPG
    cc2.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 833
  • cil005.jpg
    cil005.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 828
Last edited:

ykndoit

UnRegistered Abuser
Silver Member
jeff olney said:
A few more pics hopefully better than fighting. Jeff

jeff olney said:

I think that's what everyone wants Jeff. Less fighting, more pics, and for you to either publicly admit you screwed up(or maybe make a phone call??? to my brother), sound extremely sincere, and attempt to make it right.

Instead of curse at him, tell him its HIS fault, and then make a half ass offer only to retract it?

You know, kind of like you did when you called Matt yesterday? Telling him how sorry you are, feeling like crap but you NEEDED THE MONEY BADLY! Did you EVER tell Brian this? Ever thought that might have changed this outcome?

Please answer these two questions honestly.....

Did you ever tell Brian you would sell it to someone else if he didn't come up this past weekend by 8pm Sunday?

Did you ever tell Brian you NEEDED the money this weekend?

JoshStodola

My stroke is garbage
Silver Member
Sweetness

attachment.php

Very nice cues Jeff, I even like the older stuff.
And hey you told me you wouldn't do veneered windows!
Glad you have undertaken the challenge my friend
More pics please this is better than arguing :cool:

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These are great looking cues and based on the prices being tossed around in another thread, they represent outstanding price value!

deadstroke7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Box veneers on the butt section in Buska colors -- wow.. I just can't even..:frown:

wow -- like you said you wouldn't do for my cue and wouldn't ever do them. :nono:

I'm done here. :barf:

jeff olney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Box veneers on the butt section in Buska colors -- wow.. I just can't even..:frown:

wow -- like you said you wouldn't do for my cue and wouldn't ever do them. :nono:

I'm done here. :barf:

Matt, I don't make box veneer in the butt but did try one time just for you. this is what I spent many hours on, these weren't good enough to use on your cue or any cue. Matt I said many times I don't have a cnc these were hand made. If I didn't have so many things to do I would try again, these were my first try into maple not easy trying to chisel out the corners. I give it a shot. Jeff

jeff olney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think that's what everyone wants Jeff. Less fighting, more pics, and for you to either publicly admit you screwed up(or maybe make a phone call??? to my brother), sound extremely sincere, and attempt to make it right.

Instead of curse at him, tell him its HIS fault, and then make a half ass offer only to retract it?

You know, kind of like you did when you called Matt yesterday? Telling him how sorry you are, feeling like crap but you NEEDED THE MONEY BADLY! Did you EVER tell Brian this? Ever thought that might have changed this outcome?

Please answer these two questions honestly.....

Did you ever tell Brian you would sell it to someone else if he didn't come up this past weekend by 8pm Sunday?

Did you ever tell Brian you NEEDED the money this weekend?
Brad, I call Brian the day after I glued it up get ready in appox. 5 weeks and called again it is getting close appx 3 weeks out than again ask to send pics I did. all he ever said no problem got the money and will pick up the days its done. I did say you need to pick up the day its done, no problem he said. no I never said I need the money badly. Jeff

Last edited: