Let's talk chalk

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Masters. Its cheap and it works as well as anything as long as your stroke is decent

I tend to sometime blow shot because I forgot to Chalk for each shot.

Master Green did not fail me I forgot to apply chalk.

I see people Chalkin top or high point of Tip. No Chslk on edge of Tip causes mid-cue-ing.

Gear101

I found a box of this and got it the other day. Forgot how nice this chalk really is. IMHO

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210726-195549_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210726-195549_eBay.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 89

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For all you ckalk junkies there's a new kid on the block to blow your $$$ on, HR from Japan. Of course they claim it to be THE BEST. Only $38 for 2 cubes. Getcha some!!

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
For all you ckalk junkies there's a new kid on the block to blow your $$$ on, HR from Japan. Of course they claim it to be THE BEST. Only $38 for 2 cubes. Getcha some!!
Well Dr. Dave sould be sent some to test, his opinion seem fairly unbiased.

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I like the Taom Pyro gray. I started using it to keep from touching communal chalk during the start of the pandemic and just got used to it and one piece will last me several months. I can't really say if it is better or worse than the Masters blue I used for years. It is a lot cleaner on my hands.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I've never been a fan of master chalk. So messy and don't really like to chalk after every shot. I tried predator but it was super messy as well. Due to mutual respect with Chris Renfro I tried his chalk and fell in love with it. Great white is an amazing chalk and even though it's around $10 a piece it lasts a very long time. It also lasts a very long time per chalk. I chalk at my seat and leave the chall there. Never comes to the table with me no matter how long an inning goes. I can't recall any but 1 miscue in the last 5 or 6 years using it.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Green masters is my all time favorite. I had a gross of silver up grey I got when I was like 14 and I just used up the last cube a handful of years ago ( I gave away 3 dozen to a school program I helped start…). I’m 37 now so it lasted years lol. The silver cup was kinda gritty fwiw.

I was given two cubes of the great white (white) I also like it a whole lot. I’ve also used kamui. I do like the GW better but for both the whole dirty ball and table thing is all due to misapplication as I never had any issues using either. If you use it like a bar banger grinding some masters…sure it’ll leave a mess.

Fwiw chalk isn’t chalk but it all works quite well. Personally I’ll keep using those two cubes of GW till they are gone and I’ll probably get some more. I do like for how I use it it doesn’t leave any color residue on any of my equipment/cues. Less is way more with the stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Green masters is my all time favorite. I had a gross of silver up grey I got when I was like 14 and I just used up the last cube a handful of years ago ( I gave away 3 dozen to a school program I helped start…). I’m 37 now so it lasted years lol. The silver cup was kinda gritty fwiw.

I was given two cubes of the great white (white) I also like it a whole lot. I’ve also used kamui. I do like the GW better but for both the whole dirty ball and table thing is all due to misapplication as I never had any issues using either. If you use it like a bar banger grinding some masters…sure it’ll leave a mess.

Fwiw chalk isn’t chalk but it all works quite well. Personally I’ll keep using those two cubes of GW till they are gone and I’ll probably get some more. I do like for how I use it it doesn’t leave any color residue on any of my equipment/cues. Less is way more with the stuff.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member

Agree with you. For some reason, the Green Masters goes on easy, smooth, stays on, seems to be different from the blue. I don't know what it is, but I have heard others say it too, and it's my favorite. The light green.

All the best,
WW

oldarpanet

I use Tweeten Triangle in tan/beige, mostly because I really can't stand seeing a blue or green stained shaft!
I like a color that closely matches my stick (and because Tweeten is the choice of Ronnie O'Sullivan!)
Can't honestly say I can detect a difference in performance, one brand or another... Also, it's cheap. I asked my equipment supplier to get some in the tan/beige color and when I went to pick it up he gave me the box free of charge!
I do appreciate my supplier!

KS25-06

Fast tone, you are the only person I have ever heard that has complained about Kamui chalk. I have used it for several years in many places and no one has complained. I like it because you do not have to chalk the tip as often and it seems to stay on the tip better. Yes it is expensive, but I am going on two years with the same piece. I play in two leagues every week and practice at home every day possible for at least an hour. I also chalk across the tip instead of grinding it on the top. But everyone has their likes and dislikes. Bank on.

billlaur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So what's your favourite chalk, now a days.

Personally I have a hard time spending more than 5 bucks and cube. I'm really enjoying some Predator blue that someone gave my not to long ago. Pretty smooth but kind of messy, but plays well.

Go post your up, thanks.
Predator blue is just for you....

Rusty in Montana

I met up with some friends for our weekly practice session and tried my predator blue chalk granted I do chalk up before every shot normally a old good habit that's hard to break but after a hour my hand was nice and blue so chances are I'll trade off what I've got for some masters green maybe blue .

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fast tone, you are the only person I have ever heard that has complained about Kamui chalk. I have used it for several years in many places and no one has complained. I like it because you do not have to chalk the tip as often and it seems to stay on the tip better. Yes it is expensive, but I am going on two years with the same piece. I play in two leagues every week and practice at home every day possible for at least an hour. I also chalk across the tip instead of grinding it on the top. But everyone has their likes and dislikes. Bank on.

he's not alone. i can't stand it, way too messy. taom on the other hand is very good and leaves little residue.