Looking For a Similar Table in the US…

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That looks like something you would hang on the back of a hunting jeep..or one of those cheap bike racks you see hanging on the back bumpers of some cars.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I went with the black on black as it makes it look better for a home table.
View attachment 624776
A fine looking table and room. I also opted for a black table but wanted the rails light. Diamond was happy to work with me on this table. I also asked to not engrave the Diamond logo on the ends, although sometimes I wish I would have kept it.

I built a revolving cue rack to match the table.

Attachments

• rsz_11014.jpg
    rsz_11014.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_8258.jpg
    IMG_8258.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_5210.jpg
    IMG_5210.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 116

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A fine looking table and room. I also opted for a black table but wanted the rails light. Diamond was happy to work with me on this table. I also asked to not engrave the Diamond logo on the ends, although sometimes I wish I would have kept it.

WOW!

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Looks like a bunch of stretch marks on the cloth

MurrayNevada

Very nice look.

Nyquil

I guess I am probably starting to seem a bit overly picky, but I feel like what I want (original post) is pretty simple. For me, the Paragon is beautiful except for the legs. I cannot unsee a bowlegged cowboy.

View attachment 624707
Lol, looks are subjective I guess. Sounds like you really want a gold crown look-alike with piano black rails. I do recommend diamond if you can get past the look difference. I have had great support from their mechanics and Heath on my set up. Either way good luck on your hunt.

phreaticus

Not sure if you are aware if them, but Delta apparently sells a GC5 clone called the President V - local shop in NorCal sells them in black/silver trim. Supposedly Chinese parts/labour, but I don’t personally know anything about their quality/durability/materials. IMO they do look nice (just like a CG5!?), and I hit balls very briefly on one, it did also feel like a GC. At a glance the subframe & legs looked pretty sturdy, like GC copy also. If I recall, price was about 33-40% less than a new GC, which was tempting for a moment. No idea what rails/apron materials are, or if they are suitable for the customized finish you’re seeking. I was horny for a matte black GC6 TE at the time, got a great price/timeline on it and didn’t bother digging deeper into the Delta - that was exactly 2 yrs ago… My local dealer does have one setup, I could take a few pics & ask questions for you next time I’m there, or just put you in touch.

Just curious, have you already eliminated the Rasson Victory II from your quest? Seems to be quite popular in EU and have some features/trim options which you’re interested in - somewhat similar to the Scandinavian Buffalo Pro table you originally posted. Looks super nice to me but have yet to see/play one in the real world. I keep trying to talk folks in USA into buying one, so we can all get some feedback on them 😁

Cheers

Not sure if you are aware if them, but Delta apparently sells a GC5 clone called the President V - local shop in NorCal sells them in black/silver trim. Supposedly Chinese parts/labour, but I don’t personally know anything about their quality/durability/materials. IMO they do look nice (just like a CG5!?), and I hit balls very briefly on one, it did also feel like a GC. At a glance the subframe & legs looked pretty sturdy, like GC copy also. If I recall, price was about 33-40% less than a new GC, which was tempting for a moment. No idea what rails/apron materials are, or if they are suitable for the customized finish you’re seeking. I was horny for a matte black GC6 TE at the time, got a great price/timeline on it and didn’t bother digging deeper into the Delta - that was exactly 2 yrs ago… My local dealer does have one setup, I could take a few pics & ask questions for you next time I’m there, or just put you in touch.

Just curious, have you already eliminated the Rasson Victory II from your quest? Seems to be quite popular in EU and have some features/trim options which you’re interested in - somewhat similar to the Scandinavian Buffalo Pro table you originally posted. Looks super nice to me but have yet to see/play one in the real world. I keep trying to talk folks in USA into buying one, so we can all get some feedback on them 😁

Cheers
Man, every time I think I have found all of the table manufacturers available to me. I appreciate it. Since the Delta comes in a similar finish to the GC, I would probably prefer the GC. The aprons of the Rasson aren’t something that would work for me, and I wonder what that thing weighs!?

TrxR

Man, every time I think I have found all of the table manufacturers available to me. I appreciate it. Since the Delta comes in a similar finish to the GC, I would probably prefer the GC. The aprons of the Rasson aren’t something that would work for me, and I wonder what that thing weighs!?
I'm thinking a Rasson weighs less than a Diamond. I know the aluminum frame is bound to weigh less than the Diamond pro frame or even the GC frame.

I'm thinking a Rasson weighs less than a Diamond. I know the aluminum frame is bound to weigh less than the Diamond pro frame or even the GC frame.
Got me curious. A couple places lists it at around 1,600lbs. Apparently, the legs are also metal. Although, I guess either way, the Victory is putting all the weight in a much smaller footprint.

TrxR

Got me curious. A couple places lists it at around 1,600lbs. Apparently, the legs are also metal. Although, I guess either way, the Victory is putting all the weight in a much smaller footprint.
You got me thinking about it as well. I might just do some research.

phreaticus

Yeah, I was thinking actually the laminate matte finish on the newer GC & Deltas might actually lend itself to the high gloss customization that you’re seeking - if one was willing, seems like it might be fairly easy to simply have them sanded, buffed and polyurethane coated. If I were going to attempt such a bold move to a new table, I think I’d feel better about trying it to a Delta 😂

For what its worth, my matt black/nickle GC is in full center stage view off the main foyer entrance of my house and most folks (non pool players) think its pretty gorgeous. We have a high gloss black Kawai baby grand piano in the open room adjacent to the pool & I was also originally looking for a glossy black GC3 or 4 - but gave up. IMO the semi matt GC6 is plenty attractive as is - and the higher gloss really isn’t conducive to daily pool play. Actually if use a furniture polish on the GC6 rails, they get pretty shiny, but I purposely buff it all off back to semi matte - as the shiny look shows every little body oil smudge and attracts more chalk dust.

Anyway, the point is that the GC black laminate is really more of a “semi matte” finish (vs totally dull/rough) that is fairly sexy on its own - and there seem to be practical advantages to it worth considering, if you haven’t already.

Good luck on your journey!

Yeah, I was thinking actually the laminate matte finish on the newer GC & Deltas might actually lend itself to the high gloss customization that you’re seeking - if one was willing, seems like it might be fairly easy to simply have them sanded, buffed and polyurethane coated. If I were going to attempt such a bold move to a new table, I think I’d feel better about trying it to a Delta 😂

For what its worth, my matt black/nickle GC is in full center stage view off the main foyer entrance of my house and most folks (non pool players) think its pretty gorgeous. We have a high gloss black Kawai baby grand piano in the open room adjacent to the pool & I was also originally looking for a glossy black GC3 or 4 - but gave up. IMO the semi matt GC6 is plenty attractive as is - and the higher gloss really isn’t conducive to daily pool play. Actually if use a furniture polish on the GC6 rails, they get pretty shiny, but I purposely buff it all off back to semi matte - as the shiny look shows every little body oil smudge and attracts more chalk dust.

Anyway, the point is that the GC black laminate is really more of a “semi matte” finish (vs totally dull/rough) that is fairly sexy on its own - and there seem to be practical advantages to it worth considering, if you haven’t already.

Good luck on your journey!
Right this moment, I am leaning to the GC6 while still looking at and considering various furniture table options. It checks off most of my boxes compared to others. The only additional concern is that option locks me into a 9’ table. While I want a 9’ table, my room is 17’2” x 16‘.

TrxR

Diamond list their 9 foot at 1200lbs. I've found weights listed at 350Kg or around 780lbs for the Victory 2 or 400kg around 880lbs for the ox and 9ft gold crown 6 1221lbs

phreaticus

Right this moment, I am leaning to the GC6 while still looking at and considering various furniture table options. It checks off most of my boxes compared to others. The only additional concern is that option locks me into a 9’ table. While I want a 9’ table, my room is 17’2” x 16‘.
Yeah, totally understand! $8-10k on a family home baby center room is no small project of trafeoffs… 17’ definitely won’t work for a 9’, maybe even tight for a 8’… Many times I think having a nice barbox with generous pockets is also a great (fun) home option - of course all depends on primary target audience…

Yeah, totally understand! $8-10k on a family home baby center room is no small project of trafeoffs… 17’ definitely won’t work for a 9’, maybe even tight for a 8’… Many times I think having a nice barbox with generous pockets is also a great (fun) home option - of course all depends on primary target audience…
I was hoping to use shorter cues in the instances that required it. The wall will be 54” from the cushion. Right now, the ”furniture table” options I have in front of me are all going to be more expensive than the GC6. And that annoys me since I know that the GC or Diamond are better playing tables.

phreaticus

I was hoping to use shorter cues in the instances that required it. The wall will be 54” from the cushion. Right now, the ”furniture table” options I have in front of me are all going to be more expensive than the GC6. And that annoys me since I know that the GC or Diamond are better playing tables.
Everyone has their own subjective perspectives on what looks good/bad, but I’ve never found any furniture style table attractive at any level, they all look tacky to me. More importantly, the typically narrower rails & reduced real estate around the pockets to make comfortable hand bridges - are detrimental/awkward to both novice & seasoned players. Noob players may just not be aware of it…

I put my 9’ GC6 in a fairly tight room and it worked out just fine. Luckily my room has a large opening into the foyer on one end wall which helps. The installer gave me a few tips that I hadn’t thought of or found in my research during pre planning. Namely that statistically most tighter rail shots come up around the foot of the table, so its best if possible to orient things such that your hot spots that will require the shorty cue - are toward the head of the table. Also, rail shots come up more often in corners vs squarely in the middle of the end rails, so if you have plenty of width vs length (like you do, 16x17, when ideally for a 9’ you want a 15x19+), then if you purposely offset the table laterally a bit vs centering it in the room sideways - even just by 2-3”, you will eliminate all tight corner shots from one side of the table, whereas perfectly centering it - will generally leave you with a bit more instances of tighter rail shots on all edges of the table. You will also find that a 9’ GC occupies a few inches less total physical outer footprint than a 9’ Diamond - this doesn’t affect playable room space since that is determined by the table bed dimensions (100x50”) - however in a tight ish room where you will have chairs, pool racks, shelves etc - the general feel of the space will benefit from every inch you can find.

I’m a geeky engineer type & did a rather detailed table space analysis on my setup prior to purchase to convince myself I could make the 9’ GC work for my available space. Happy to share the doc with you - if interested, send me PM with your email.

BTW, not trying to push you into any particular direction on table brand - just sharing some of the stuff I ran into along the way in case it helps.

Cheers

Last edited: