Unless it's real close to the hole and rebounds off the rail, then off the facing,
I am pretty sure it must be spun in.
Can you tell me if what you're talking about, is one of these shots?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0uReP3Id20
Other examples of cut shots with effective angles greater than 90 degrees are demonstrated in the following video:All the videos I ever saw show it being made railfirst, but ball first
might be possible if you cheat a little by adding chalk to the object ball,
which allows you to overcut quite a bit with outside spin. Even 90 degrees or more.
This video shows an example of that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaSKh1PSqok
I guess if a ball is on the rail and you chalked it like this and hit it the same way, you could
cut it in with outside instead of inside.
The limit seems to be 95 degrees or so for a true cut shot with a high-friction contact.All the videos I ever saw show it being made railfirst, but ball first
might be possible if you cheat a little by adding chalk to the object ball,
which allows you to overcut quite a bit with outside spin. Even 90 degrees or more.
This video shows an example of that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaSKh1PSqok
I guess if a ball is on the rail and you chalked it like this and hit it the same way, you could
cut it in with outside instead of inside.
But couldn't the rail increase the margin of error a bit, making the pocket effectively larger than if the ball was in the middle of the table?The cushion can't help you on a ball-first shot unless you hit the ball a second time after the cue ball hits the cushion.
The limit seems to be 95 degrees or so for a true cut shot with a high-friction contact.
I think the OP is referring (perhaps indirectly) to a rail-first shot. If you can make a ball-first cut shot that's on the cushion, you should be able to make the same ball-first cut shot with the object ball in the middle of the table. The cushion can't help you on a ball-first shot unless you hit the ball a second time after the cue ball hits the cushion.
I don't think so. It looks to me like the standard rail-first-with-inside-spin shot. Why do you believe it is not that shot?In this vido super fast super clean rails. The cueball is trappibg and squitribg/spinning the object ball down the rail. Awesone shot,but you wont make it on old equipment.