Louisiana's best pool player.

PoolSharkAllen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It seems like you are bringing it up now Roger.

Are you attempting to just regurgitate the meal or are you just trying to bring out a little ire in the yeasayers by prodding the sleeping beast?

Why not just delete the offending yeahsayer/naysayer propaganda crap? That would show goodwill on your part and go a long way toward improving the tone of this thread.

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Again I said that in reference to Joey's attack which was also concerning things in the past. He needs to get over it first as 99% of the posts from naysayers in the last few months have just been in defense of Joey's rants and attacks.

If Joey brings up how Gene was treated in the past and demands apologies, it is only right that we bring up WHY Gene was treated that way, which at the time was completely deserved, meaning that no apologies are necessary.

I also said Gene got better in that exact post, meaning he has been forgiven. Yeasayer reading comprehension seems to be lacking considering you all unanimously decided to miss that point.

In our last secret meeting we voted on a few things. Like the Bilderberg conferences, I can't discuss the details. I can say though that we voted down acknowledging any and all arguments not in favor of our doctrines.

If you play your cards right, you may get an invitation to next years' think tank.

Best,
Mike

For your listening pleasure...http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gkfVdrtLcRs. :)

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
If you don't agree with someone about their aiming system or their method of sharing the information say so and then shut your trap.

Nice attitude, JoeyA.

Perhaps Perfect Aim would be useful, perhaps not. Your delivery leaves a bad aftertaste. Maybe I'll check it out someday in spite of, not because of, your post.

I hope everyone was able to understand my post despite the lack of any blue font or excessive capitalization.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Nice attitude, JoeyA.

Perhaps Perfect Aim would be useful, perhaps not. Your delivery leaves a bad aftertaste. Maybe I'll check it out someday in spite of, not because of, your post.

I hope everyone was able to understand my post despite the lack of any blue font or excessive capitalization.

I guess I just get tired of some people ridiculing the aiming system users as well as the creators of the aiming systems and sometimes, I guess it shows.

The truth is that I don't care if you or anyone else ever uses any aiming system. The systems are out there for each person to make up their minds whether or not they want to try using one. We don't need certain individuals trying to tell posters that aiming systems are for the birds.

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cookie,

Couldn't it also be said that the yeasayers might "let it go" by stopping with the demands on the naysayers to "eat crow" and "apologize" for all of their past transgressions? After all, it was with those demands that this thread took a wrong turn from the beginning.

Roger

Roger, yeasayers and naysayers aren't likely to change, however Gene has and deserves to be treated as such.
Dave

JoeyA

Silver Member
Then why start a new thread every week?

Thanks for quoting me. I'll fix that use of the word "are".

I like for people to have the option of making up their own mind about whether they want to use an aiming system or not. I don't care if they use it, just that they have the option to use it. If you don't see it, you most likely won't use it.

Besides, I like helping some people market their products. Apparently a lot of people like reading my reviews. A few don't like my reviews but that's OK too.

I don't like reading some posts about certain subjects but I don't run around trying to tell people that they shouldn't be talking about those subjects and I sure don't try to ridicule people for having an interest in a subject that I don't agree with.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Again I said that in reference to Joey's attack which was also concerning things in the past. He needs to get over it first as 99% of the posts from naysayers in the last few months have just been in defense of Joey's rants and attacks.

If Joey brings up how Gene was treated in the past and demands apologies, it is only right that we bring up WHY Gene was treated that way, which at the time was completely deserved, meaning that no apologies are necessary.

I also said Gene got better in that exact post, meaning he has been forgiven. Yeasayer reading comprehension seems to be lacking considering you all unanimously decided to miss that point.

If Gene is truly forgiven by you than you should have no need to drudge up the past. Got a problem with Joey, take it up with him, he's a big boy capable of taking care of himself.

Banks

Banned
Thanks for quoting me. I'll fix that use of the word "are".

I like for people to have the option of making up their own mind about whether they want to use an aiming system or not. I don't care if they use it, just that they have the option to use it. If you don't see it, you most likely won't use it.

Besides, I like helping some people market their products. Apparently a lot of people like reading my reviews. A few don't like my reviews but that's OK too.

I don't like reading some posts about certain subjects but I don't run around trying to tell people that they shouldn't be talking about those subjects and I sure don't try to ridicule people for having an interest in a subject that I don't agree with.

Thanks, Joey.

I can completely understand the notion that you want to help others by doing what you are good at, you're probably a pretty good friend to those around you. My main problem has been with the unbridled pushing of such things under the guise of a harmless "btw" kind of post.

The divisive nature of some of the posts stick out like a sore thumb to those that have been involved. They may not be intentional, but it's sticking a barb into a situation that doesn't need to be awoken, imho.

I don't care how people play, as long as they're honestly trying to improve. I also don't want to pick a fight over something that isn't meant to be negative. Some people may benefit from the help, some may be hindered by something that runs counter to their style or way of learning and some may get neither.

That said.. everybody carry on and hit 'em well. :thumbup:

JoeyA

Silver Member
Thanks, Joey.

I can completely understand the notion that you want to help others by doing what you are good at, you're probably a pretty good friend to those around you. My main problem has been with the unbridled pushing of such things under the guise of a harmless "btw" kind of post.

The divisive nature of some of the posts stick out like a sore thumb to those that have been involved. They may not be intentional, but it's sticking a barb into a situation that doesn't need to be awoken, imho.

I don't care how people play, as long as they're honestly trying to improve. I also don't want to pick a fight over something that isn't meant to be negative. Some people may benefit from the help, some may be hindered by something that runs counter to their style or way of learning and some may get neither.

That said.. everybody carry on and hit 'em well. :thumbup:

The divisive nature that you perceive of some of my posts are merely a response to the regular needling that has gone on about CTE and CTE/Pro One, Perfect Aim and basically anything that to do with aiming systems and the users of them.

Hopefully, the ridiculing has come to an end and we can all get back to posting about the things we enjoy posting about without reminding anyone of what we don't like about their posts.

And you're spot on about the fact that some people may be helped by aiming systems. It hasn't been my personal experience that learning an aiming system will cause your game to fall apart like some have insinuated. All in all, it is up to each person to choose what they want to learn and use. I'm good with it all.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Banks

Banned
The divisive nature that you perceive of some of my posts are merely a response to the regular needling that has gone on about CTE and CTE/Pro One, Perfect Aim and basically anything that to do with aiming systems and the users of them.

Hopefully, the ridiculing has come to an end and we can all get back to posting about the things we enjoy posting about without reminding anyone of what we don't like about their posts.

And you're spot on about the fact that some people may be helped by aiming systems. It hasn't been my personal experience that learning an aiming system will cause your game to fall apart like some have insinuated. All in all, it is up to each person to choose what they want to learn and use. I'm good with it all.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Agreed, agreed and agreed. I have made poor choices in what I've chosen to say and how I've said it, so I just try to keep out of the arguing about the aiming systems now. My motto now is, "Do what works for you and don't stop trying to improve."

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too.

Masayoshi

Fusenshou no Masa
Silver Member
If Gene is truly forgiven by you than you should have no need to drudge up the past. Got a problem with Joey, take it up with him, he's a big boy capable of taking care of himself.

Like I said before, Joey was the one who dredged up the past, I was just setting him straight. Gene doesn't need any defending as the attack was not directed towards him, it was directed towards those who treated him poorly due to his poor conduct on the forum. The people Joey attacked needed a defense because they were justified in how they acted at the time. If you want to blame anyone for dredging up the past, blame the person who started the topic.

In our last secret meeting we voted on a few things. Like the Bilderberg conferences, I can't discuss the details. I can say though that we voted down acknowledging any and all arguments not in favor of our doctrines.

If you play your cards right, you may get an invitation to next years' think tank.

Best,
Mike

If that meeting's strategy consisted of sticking your head in the sand. The obvious next step is to play dead. Who knows, it just might be beneficial.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
So just to be sure, Jamie Farrel, the great and fairly fearless player from New Orleans, contends he is playing much better because of a new way to aim that he didn't previously know of.

Just adding to my list of players that are out of the closet in admitting to using non-standard by the book, methods of aiming.

JoeyA

Silver Member
So just to be sure, Jamie Farrel, the great and fairly fearless player from New Orleans, contends he is playing much better because of a new way to aim that he didn't previously know of.

Just adding to my list of players that are out of the closet in admitting to using non-standard by the book, methods of aiming.

You have Rodney Morris in the clique too, right?

houmatroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
check pm box jb

I thought fa sure when i saw u was last one to post that I was gonna read something like...since Jamie said he was playing the best pool of his lfe right now that You'd be his huckleberry...cuz that what you do...:thumbup: