Lucasi cue

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After reading the great china cue wars i promised to report on how my made in china cue was doing. So far it has held up well. But it continues to miss a ball now and then. Does missing balls constitute a warranty claim?:D

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
After reading the great china cue wars i promised to report on how my made in china cue was doing. So far it has held up well. But it continues to miss a ball now and then. Does missing balls constitute a warranty claim?:D

Ancient Chinese Proverb says man with Cheap Stabilized Wood has no balls!!!!!!;) So, I suppose that could be why you miss them, it's gotta be the Cheap Wood that must be Stabilized!!!!!!!:smile:

Oh and by the way, that is just an Opinion!!!!:smile:

Last edited:

Myk

dorkfish
Silver Member
I had a Lucasi for a couple years, and I loved it. It was great looking, and played super. Never had an issue with it.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a Lucasi for a couple years, and I loved it. It was great looking, and played super. Never had an issue with it.

i used to play a guy that had a lucasi. he beat the breaks off me with that thing.

Still i stand behind my signature. Buy american!

Myk

dorkfish
Silver Member
I agree totally with buying american myself. It would be nice if there were more affordable cues made here. At the time I bought my Lucasi, I was a young father and had to buy cheap, but I still wanted a certain look.

I haven't really improved much, since I am still playing a chinese made cue. RCH was an American though, wasn't he?

Guess I'll have to pick up a Sly or a DP soon.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree totally with buying american myself. It would be nice if there were more affordable cues made here. At the time I bought my Lucasi, I was a young father and had to buy cheap, but I still wanted a certain look.

I haven't really improved much, since I am still playing a chinese made cue. RCH was an American though, wasn't he?

do yourself a favor and don't buy a DP. you'll have a better chance getting your money back out of a lucasi than you would getting it out of a DP

Myk

dorkfish
Silver Member
I'm not all that interested in resale value on a cue, after all, I kept the Helmstetter since 1997. I would just wanna beat balls around with the DP. I really like some of his designs. Anyone have an opinion how his current cues hit?

I think I keep buying chinese cues because they smell slightly of sweet & sour mmmmmmmmmmm!

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not all that interested in resale value on a cue, after all, I kept the Helmstetter since 1997. I would just wanna beat balls around with the DP. I really like some of his designs. Anyone have an opinion how his current cues hit?

I think I keep buying chinese cues because they smell slightly of sweet & sour mmmmmmmmmmm!

i hear his earlier work was pretty good. but from what i've heard after he started pumping cues out in mass the quality really declined. i've seen some pretty cool designs by him too but i'd prefer to buy from a cue maker that stands behind his work a little better.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member

It doesn't really matter what cue you play with, and I totally agree that you have to play with what you can afford. But, cues sold under the Brand Name RCH (Richard Helemstetter) are not made in China, they are made in Japan in Adam Custom Cues factory.

Any way what ever you play with, if it works for you no can say it is wrong.

Oh and by the way, I think Adam / Helmstetter cues are some of the most under rated cues on the market, especially the old ones. However, they have never appreciated do to the stigma because they were imports. But, they are certainly great playing cues

Take care

Last edited:

the420trooper

Free T-Rex
Silver Member
Lucasi makes a decent cue...I played with one for a couple of years...

They hit as sweet as most any cue, but if you decide to smash them into smithereens, (I just wanted to see what it looked like inside, after getting a better cue), you will find that their "inlays" are actually what we in the industry call "stickers"... :D

If playability and low price are great concerns, they're a great choice. If you're looking a for a genuine work of art, Lucasi is probably not for you.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lucasi makes a decent cue...I played with one for a couple of years...

They hit as sweet as most any cue, but if you decide to smash them into smithereens, (I just wanted to see what it looked like inside, after getting a better cue), you will find that their "inlays" are actually what we in the industry call "stickers"... :D

If playability and low price are great concerns, they're a great choice. If you're looking a for a genuine work of art, Lucasi is probably not for you.

i never understood why companies like that didn't specialize in plane jane cues. it just seems like if they focused on making good hitting production cues they'd sell themselves.

Reactions: Myk

Jesse

Registered
i never understood why companies like that didn't specialize in plane jane cues. it just seems like if they focused on making good hitting production cues they'd sell themselves.

Maybe that's why you're not in business.

Players in my area all have flames and hot pink---and fiberglass.

paksat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It doesn't really matter what cue you play with, and I totally agree that you have to play with what you can afford. But, cues sold under the Brand Name RCH (Richard Helemstetter) are not made in China, they are made in Japan in Adam Custom Cues factory.

Any way what ever you play with, if it works for you no can say it is wrong.

Oh and by the way, I think Adam / Helmstetter cues are some of the most under rated cues on the market, especially the old ones. However, they have never appreciated do to the stigma because they were imports. But, they are certainly great playing cues

Take care

So, reading this, lucasi isn't made in china?

Myk

dorkfish
Silver Member

Great point. A plain jane Joss still hits like a Joss, and is a great player. And people buy the He@& out of them.

BillPorter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would just wanna beat balls around with the DP. I really like some of his designs. Anyone have an opinion how his current cues hit?
Dale and his two assistants crank out about 100 cues a month to sell on eBay. They go for $150 to $250. I have had two of them and they were both very solid and played well. The tips were not to my liking when I got them, so I changed the tips and then they played just fine. Don't expect much in the way of customer service, but for a cue to play with, they are hard to beat for about $175.

rackem

SUPPORT CLUB MEMBERSHIP
Silver Member
I don't know where you got that. The statement you quoted was about Hemstetter.
Lucasi is made in China at the Taican factory.

420Trooper quite to the contrary. Those in the business do not use the word "stickers". They call them overlays. :cool:
True many overlay cues are imported. But by no means are all of them overlays.
Most Lucasi and lots other cues from China are real inlay.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member

If you read post 6 you will see where the poster siad he had an RCH Cue, that what my comments were directed to.

Lucasi cues are Certainly made in China.

Take Care

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
I don't know where you got that. The statement you quoted was about Hemstetter.
Lucasi is made in China at the Taican factory.

420Trooper quite to the contrary. Those in the business do not use the word "stickers". They call them overlays. :cool:
True many overlay cues are imported. But by no means are all of them overlays.
Most Lucasi and lots other cues from China are real inlay.

While at least as you say tholse in the business do no not call them stickers, they are stickers just the same. Whether you call them Overlays, Laser Inlays, Decals or any other name you choose in the end they are nothing but a design stuck on wood. ;)

Most Lucasi and lots other cues from China are real inlay

Actually Most are a combination of the above and inlays.:smile:

rackem

SUPPORT CLUB MEMBERSHIP
Silver Member
Sorry Sarge

While at least as you say tholse in the business do no not call them stickers, they are stickers just the same. Whether you call them Overlays, Laser Inlays, Decals or any other name you choose in the end they are nothing but a design stuck on wood. ;)

Most Lucasi and lots other cues from China are real inlay

Actually Most are a combination of the above and inlays.:smile:

Maybe Lucasi your the expert. :rolleyes:
But I do know the China cues I sell are one or the other. No combinations.

Stickers go on your car bumper. :grin:
Overlays go on a Pool cue often over a very nice piece of wood.:yeah:
Overlays do not change one bit how great some China cues are now playing.
Like you say they are just for decoration. So that the buying public can purchase at a very afordable price a cue that not only hits well but looks great also
Like these.:thumbup:

4369ricks 002 (Medium).jpg

rose wayne forearm.jpg

Have a nice night.:cool: