Match Of The Century-Orcollo v Van Boening (Nov 7-9),10ball Race to 120 (Sterling VA)

us820

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Even after this, the next time Svb has a bad tourney the az -nellys will post a “is svb done?” thread.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane is smart. Multiple real estate investments and he just built himself a custom home on a lake in South Dakota. Rasson in the game room and ice fishing outside his back door. He's in heaven.

This is really great to hear. That’s a lot of work and dedication that paid off for him.

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis asked him to play that game next, right after this match was over. No response so far from Shane.

That may be the only game left for dennis to woof at cuz Shane sure as hell own his ass in nine or ten ball.
But seriously , dennis has a better chance on a ping-pong table with shane then getting anywhere close to a pool table without svb salivating.

I think a true match of the century for ten ball for some big cash wld be Shane vs either Chang or Wu.
Just my 2 cents :)

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The last time they played, Chang won 50-43

Hardly what I would call a horse $#@%@#

Nah , its way tighter than Shane practicing against dennis a day ago.

Shane beat him in Shanghai a couple years back and Chang beat him back too.
They are probably even .

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Look, I am a big fan of SVB and bet on him in this match, but let's not be too quick to call Dennis washed up.

This format favored Shane. Newer cloth and template racks made the importance of the break paramount, and he was up against it. Of course he played bad. That's what happens when you are getting beat.

If they were to play again in the same format I don't think Dennis is very live. But if they played on a gold crown with worn cloth and tight pockets using a triangle rack it might go the other way. I'm not saying Shane only wins because of his break, but he definitely likes getting into rhythm and trying to put big runs together and play loose. If there were more multiple inning games and it was nip and tuck he wouldn't run Dennis over like this. He might still win, but Dennis would be tougher under those circumstances.

My point is Dennis is still one of the best in the world, and maybe the best all around player on the planet right now. He was willing to get in the ring with a titan of an opponent. That takes courage. We can fault him for losing or admire him for stepping up to the plate. Dennis has plenty more beatings to dish out, and SVB might not be exempt.

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Look, I am a big fan of SVB and bet on him in this match, but let's not be too quick to call Dennis washed up.

This format favored Shane. Newer cloth and template racks made the importance of the break paramount, and he was up against it. Of course he played bad. That's what happens when you are getting beat.

If they were to play again in the same format I don't think Dennis is very live. But if they played on a gold crown with worn cloth and tight pockets using a triangle rack it might go the other way. I'm not saying Shane only wins because of his break, but he definitely likes getting into rhythm and trying to put big runs together and play loose. If there were more multiple inning games and it was nip and tuck he wouldn't run Dennis over like this. He might still win, but Dennis would be tougher under those circumstances.

My point is Dennis is still one of the best in the world, and maybe the best all around player on the planet right now. He was willing to get in the ring with a titan of an opponent. That takes courage. We can fault him for losing or admire him for stepping up to the plate. Dennis has plenty more beatings to dish out, and SVB might not be exempt.

Nope and i agree with you , Dennis is definitely among the elites of this game with numerous young filipinos players looking up to him.

But he often asked for more than he can handle.
If you wind back along the years of BiG CASH GAMES that he played , results are not looking too good on his end with all his woofing antics.

He woofed at Yang many years back in the color of money 2 race to 60 in 9 ball, on all his conditions , in his country , with his homecrowd and the climate he’s used to ,
He still got a beat down of 18 games in a shorter race to 60 .
And he tied with tony in one pocket .
And if i remember correctly , he posted once on facebook asking shane to stick to tourneys cuz he wld bust him for the cash snd he got exactly what he wanted.
A race to 120 which he agreed and results shown otherwise .

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That may be the only game left for dennis to woof at cuz Shane sure as hell own his ass in nine or ten ball.
But seriously , dennis has a better chance on a ping-pong table with shane then getting anywhere close to a pool table without svb salivating.

I think a true match of the century for ten ball for some big cash wld be Shane vs either Chang or Wu.
Just my 2 cents :)

Shane's not stupid take the money and run he ain't beating DO in one pocket with a ball

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Very true , heard Jayson didnt want any piece of dennis altho hes my fav player right now
But im pretty sure Chang n Wu wld love to for the right price :)

I was actually talking about the keyboard warriors.
I don't think Dennis can beat Chang in a long race either.
Wu? I don't know.
Dennis did beat Ko in a century race but there was a fiasco before the match even started.

I think Chang vs SVB HAS to happen.
Maybe a little tighter Diamond. 4 1/4" corners , maybe.

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was actually talking about the keyboard warriors.
I don't think Dennis can beat Chang in a long race either.
Wu? I don't know.
Dennis did beat Ko in a century race but there was a fiasco before the match even started.

I think Chang vs SVB HAS to happen.
Maybe a little tighter Diamond. 4 1/4" corners , maybe.

I actually favor dennis chances against Chang then Wu.
Changs game is solid but Wu is a monster with insane firepower.
His resume is impeccable w 2 world titles on his first attempt and world ten ball n us open runner up on his first attempt too.

And yeah i like the tight pockets but to be honest , i favor Svb on a diamond plus his breaks and Chang on a gold crown.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I actually favor dennis chances against Chang then Wu.
Changs game is solid but Wu is a monster with insane firepower.
His resume is impeccable w 2 world titles on his first attempt and world ten ball n us open runner up on his first attempt too.

And yeah i like the tight pockets but to be honest , i favor Svb on a diamond plus his breaks and Chang on a gold crown.
I don't think Shane would play on a GC.
He hated losing on a GC at Hard Times to Dennis long time ago.

I don't think Dennis wants any part of Chang, really.
Chang has another gear on big money matches.
NOBODY in Taiwan wants any part of him.

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member
Chang and Wu are absolutely in there own league imo, you can put Shane there in 10ball, I agree with Joey, Shane vs Chang or Wu must happen.

the one I like to talk in this arena is Filler, he can challenge in this format.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Anyone know anything about Wu and long matches? Has he played any? When? Against whom? Results?

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
There is already something in place for "short" matches, it's called the US Open or the Intl.

Shane has a bunch of those trophies.

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone know anything about Wu and long matches? Has he played any? When? Against whom? Results?

He doesnt really gamble long matches.
Won the world 9 n 8 ball in his first attempt at the age of 16.
Was runner up to darren appleton in the world 10 ball n to filler on his first attempt in the us open.

Won a couple of china opens this few years while battling leukaemia.

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chang and Wu are absolutely in there own league imo, you can put Shane there in 10ball, I agree with Joey, Shane vs Chang or Wu must happen.

the one I like to talk in this arena is Filler, he can challenge in this format.

Hey bud , its been awhile.

Nice to see ya still being active :)