Matchroom 2023 UK Open (nineball), 30May-4June, Winner $30K

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Anyone know for certain which semi will be first up? The Matchroom schedule lists Filler - Ko above Kaci - Sky, but I'm not sure that means anything.
THIS. I will be heading out of town late morning and am hoping I at least have time to see Sky's SF match.
Anyone else viewing on Skysports? That channel was messed up all day for me.
I only had the YT streams.

L.S. Dennis

Swap the 4 and 5 ball colors.
Stop referring to balls as "red three, green six" just call them the three ball and the six ball etc.
Stop the endless slow motion replays. Utterly annoying and you can never get in the rhythm of the players by doing this.
Matchroom should watch the Accu-Stats videos and see how you almost never use slow motion replays but if you ever do it, it's AFTER the game not during it!!!
Yes and let's get rid of the pink and brown balls as well, that brown 7 ball looks like it's something floating in the toilet before flushing! For that matter I wouldn't mind seeing the 9 being yellow a white again either!

Last edited:

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
THIS. I will be heading out of town late morning and am hoping I at least have time to see Sky's SF match.
Anyone else viewing on Skysports? That channel was messed up all day for me.
I only had the YT streams.

not watching on sky sports but last time i did there were like 5 or 6 different sky sports channels. like espn 1, 2, etc

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone know for certain which semi will be first up? The Matchroom schedule lists Filler - Ko above Kaci - Sky, but I'm not sure that means anything.

filler v ko should be on in 10 minutes, kaci v sky in ~2 hours

mista335

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
not watching on sky sports but last time i did there were like 5 or 6 different sky sports channels. like espn 1, 2, etc
Sky Sports has 11 sports channels.

You have to look at the TV Guide to see which channel and when.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FINAL DAY (RACE TO 11)
final day semi.png

I consulted the tea leaves on who will win this title. The tea leaves says FR800+ will win. Which means any of the 4 will win.
So yes even the tea leaves cannot make up its mind. :LOL:

Tea_leaf_reading.jpg

Cue Alchemist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't payed the extra, to watch on sky this time either, for the few hours thay covered it, it's not worth it.
I'm so pleased thay streamed on you tube. Been glued to it all week, the match with gorst and chung being 6 nil down. And then feijen missing the 8 on the last rack. These 4 inch pockets. And the break format. Make even 9 ball, now much more interesting to watch.
Even though luck, still plays a big part. If feels like it's more skillful now, some how!!

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Killer Filler killing it. Leads 8-1 over Ko in race to 11.
He is unstoppable once he has the break down :LOL:

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Filler crushes Ko like he wasn't even there. 11 to 1.
Broke and ran at least 7....

He's the best in the world.
9-ball winner breaks is the primary reason for these lopsided scores between world beaters. Yes, this format gives rise to some epic comebacks, but IMO it makes these tournaments less exciting overall. I think the WPA 10-ball format with alternating breaks provides more entertaining matches overall. You’ll never see a 11-1 score this late in a 10-ball tournament.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9-ball winner breaks is the primary reason for these lopsided scores between world beaters. Yes, this format gives rise to some epic comebacks, but IMO it makes these tournaments less exciting overall. I think the WPA 10-ball format with alternating breaks provides more entertaining matches overall. You’ll never see a 11-1 score this late in a 10-ball tournament.
Rotation pool is too easy.

I broke and ran 7 and I'm a bum.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Sky Sports has 11 sports channels.

You have to look at the TV Guide to see which channel and when.
Yes, and every channel worked yesterday EXCEPT the Chaney that was to have the UK Open.
The channel is working on today. (Sky Sports Action)

Cue Alchemist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Filler crushes Ko like he wasn't even there. 11 to 1.
Broke and ran at least 7....

He's the best in the world.
Wow, that's the end of that then.like all the great players, he gets stronger, the longer the event goes on.