Maybe she should stick to pool

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Or maybe it means the jealous come up with the spurious to justify the drivel?
This goes right over my head, which just proves how much smarter you are than I (not that I doubted that for one moment).

Is there a Snooker Forum somewhere where you hang out and make positive posts?

Thanks

Kevin

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tell you what, that segment from Chinese TV just warmed my heart. To see our cue sports so embaced by a country of well over a billion people makes me feel good deep inside. For those who think pool is dying, this is proof of just the opposite. Our sport is alive and well, and even thriving. If I were a young pool player I would think seriously about learning Chinese and moving to China. Foreign champions are welcomed over there and treated with reverence as the great athletes they are.

That said there was something particularly wonderful about the trick shot segment where Ms. Pan actually taught Ronnie some shots. This is a tradition as old as pool itself, the passing down of very cool trick shots from one generation to another. Here is a petite litle Asian girl showing an elite Snooker player shots that have been around since the Greenleaf era. Yes, these same shots were taught by several generations of pool players until someone showed them to young Ms. Pan. She needed only the skill and the aptitude to acquire the ability to execute them just like Mosconi or Caras would have done once upon a time.

LIke her predessesors she will in turn teach these shots to the next generation of pool players and the beauty of our game will continue. There is something beautiful about this that is hard to put in words. Let's just say I loved watching the care at which she set up each shot and executed it flawlessly. There is a certain respect and appreciation for our game shown here that gives me a good feeling deep inside.

P.S. Also very cool the attractive lady commentator who interviewd Ronnie in English and translated to Chinese for her audience. The planet grows a little smaller, in part thanks to Pool and Snooker. THIS is how pool gets in the Olympics, by growing worldwide!

Best post in this thread. Green for Jay (not like he needs it)

This goes right over my head, which just proves how much smarter you are than I (not that I doubted that for one moment).

Is there a Snooker Forum somewhere where you hang out and make positive posts?

Thanks

Kevin

Isn't there a 'For Sale' forum for you to hang out in? Y'know, one where you can shill certain brands and pretend you're some sort of expert on which bits of wood can generate the most money.

:rolleyes:

Funny, isn't it, how the snooker world, with their emphasis on perfection and precision, don't give a shiny shite about cues, and wouldn't be seen dead blowing thousands on gaudy bits of carved wood.

Ooooh! 'Pathetic Shark' is frustrated over poor little America and it's pool players. Tune in tomorrow- same time, same station, same episode. LOL.

Ohhh, I'm waaay past being frustrated. There's only so much sympathy you can offer the chronic alcoholic, whilst he's rolling around in the gutter looking for loose change, puking his guts out and wailing about what went wrong with his life.

If rummy won't change, **** rummy.

It is equally exasperating to have snooker snobs on this site.

No snooker player has ever won a pool world title.

Appleton, Boyes, Drago, Peach. Y'know, failed snooker players. As ever, pool players are more than welcome to win the riches offered by the snooker world, even failed pool players.

We respect snooker and snooker players but snobs like you don't respect us.

Seem like 90% of this board don't respect American pool players, either. And who can blame them?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't get what all this arguing is about. I happen to truly appreciate, even love, ALL the cue sports. Each has it's own set of skills required to play well, and it's own unique rules and pattern of play. IMO Three Cushion billiards is the most skilled (and most difficult) game of all and I have huge respect for these guys who run 10's and more. Raymond Ceuleman's may be the greatest cueist I've seen in my lifetime. I feel so fortuante to have seen him play, and what a class gentleman he is.

I would like nothing more to go to the Crucible to see the Snooker World Championships. That one is on my bucket list! :wink:

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I don't get what all this arguing is about. I happen to truly appreciate, even love, ALL the cue sports. Each has it's own set of skills required to play well, and it's own unique rules and pattern of play. IMO Three Cushion billiards is the most skilled (and most difficult) game of all and I have huge respect for these guys who run 10's and more. Raymond Ceuleman's may be the greatest cueist I've seen in my lifetime. I feel so fortuante to have seen him play, and what a class gentleman he is.

I would like nothing more to go to the Crucible to see the Snooker World Championships. That one is on my bucket list! :wink:

My point precisely. Maybe some day I'll devote a little time to learning more about 3 cushion. It's hard to believe that at one time Willie Hoppe was a celebrity and rooms had whlle floors of carom tables. Now the game barely exists in the U.S.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

liakos

Banned

Totally agree jay!

GADawg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably no payment for her attendance. All part of her duty to represent the people's republic. An incentive to win would perhaps be not having to receive corporal punishment if she had lost for completely embarrassing the homeland.;)

Comment above from another China basher who knows nothing about life and the economy there.

Don't know about this match but I was told by a very knowledgeable source in Shanghai a couple years ago, that XiaoTing's fee for exhibitions in China was 100k rmb per day plus expenses. About $16,000 US.

Last edited:

GADawg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cool, thanks for the link.

They kinda copied the 'King v Queen' event I organized and promoted in Shanghai in 2005. I flew Ralf Souquet over to play Pan Xiao Ting in a race to 15. Ralf won 15-9 I think.

It was broadcast on Shanghai Sports Channel prime time Friday night.

The money has sure gone up as the sport has exploded since those days.

I've seen Pan Xiao Ting make a 40+ break in another local Chinese 2 frame appearance promotion. She goes ok, but there is a big gap to someone like Ronnie.

I've had the pleasure of playing Xiao Ting several times. She'd even come around to my place for English lessons with my gf. She's a real star in China nowadays and has a chain of pool/snooker clubs.

Colin -

I remember the Souquet/Pan exhibition well. Was upstairs at the Big Bamboo if I recall. I've got the videos of the match somewhere on one of my drives, I think.

Walter

'Pathetic Shark' should show up soon to explain that Steve Davis wasn't really trying to win because if he had been he would have won.:p

I'll show up to explain two things. Firstly, how current snooker pros don't take pool seriously enough to bother playing it, hence why they lose in 'dog and pony' shows, and secondly, Steve Davis taught SVB all he knew on how to dog sitters with the 'bridge'.

I watched part of both games, more of the 9-ball. Whoever paid for this wasted their money unless they really like those trick shots. Xiaoting plays better than this. I wouldn't put much credence in an exhibition match either way.

Yet you're consistently banging on about how snooker players can't beat pool players in, erm, exhibitions.

Do you know what hypocrisy is, Bob?

And Appleton, Boyes, Drago, Peach aren't snooker players, failed or otherwise. They are pool players.

Drago is a snooker player, obviously, and the others started out on that path and would still be on it if they were good enough. Who the hell wouldn't be?

If we were afraid to criticize them and expose their faults to the whole world that would be an indication that we were unsure of their skills. In other words- like you in regards to snooker players.

Good grief. You're not a psychiatrist, by any chance? It would explain a lot.

I'M unsure of their skills, even if you aren't. Skills are the forefront of their problems from where I am. The largest pool playing nation on earth by a considerable margin cannot produce a team to beat their way out of a wet paper bag, and you're sure of their skills?

You could not make it up.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Funny, isn't it, how the snooker world, with their emphasis on perfection and precision, don't give a shiny shite about cues, and wouldn't be seen dead blowing thousands on gaudy bits of carved wood.

Actually, I don't see many pro's with super fancy cues... heck, Earl is just one example. Now, if you are talking about amateur players with all the bells and whistles, then, and only then, would you be correct.