me shooting some pool - please evaluate :)

Lmao..........Nice attention to detail
will give rep when it lets me again

Alltogether Az'rs saved him $80 dollars an hour for lessons from a pro to here him say

"Let me watch you shoot a couple of balls O.K. then.......you need pants, shoes,to chalk,and shoot the L drill see you next week for another $80 dollars... I mean another lesson"

Good one :grin:
 
Chalk before and after each shot..so if in a high pressure situation and "get caught up in the moment" and you accidently miss one the other covers you.

You have no pressure situation at all and missed chalking the first 5 shots

What happens when the distrations and pressure is increased expontionally?

You look like a decent APA 3 at nationals

I realize its hard to stay down on the ball ball with shoes the added height throws me off too

When you run 526 balls stop I hear 527 will stop your heart where you stand

:) keep the faith


As for the chalk I use it rigorously during the match, but its true that during practice session I miss it at times, maybe i am thinking that I will save 2 minutes each hour by not chalking and will pot more balls... :grin::grin::grin: Ok, taking note to chalk on every shot even during practice session, thx. As of 526 it doesnt bother me much as I would need to add 400 balls to my high run to get there.... :wink: As of me looking like decent APA 3...you flatter me, that means I can hustle those 4s and 5s because they may underestimate me :eek: Well, I know one or two things about distraction and pressure, how about coming back from 2:7 and winning 9:8 against Ralf Souquet at European championships in front of 100 spectators? That is some pressure and distraction to withstand, dont you think? :wink:
And as of my faith - its the only thing noone can take from me.. :smile:
 
With the out fit you had on I though I was watching someone at Star billiards, in the Philippines. To your pool game, seems you have a super eye an hand coordination, stroke is super. I have to go along with some who state that you need too slow up. Take time to chalk before each shot. But you have a mighty game there. Just slow up. :smile:
 
Looking good, Marek! I mean your game, not your outfit :grin: I would add "viewer discretion is adviced" warning in the beginning of the clip. :rolleyes:
 
It all looks pretty good except for the fact that you're shooting with the wrong hand...........................That's a right handed pool table if I'm seeing the video correctly.:grin-square:
dave
 
Look out Dennis Hatch! You never miss a ball, so what's to criticize! :smile:
Seriously, Kickin' Chicken hit the nail on the head. I doubt that you would play at that pace in a match. That's your "video" pace, isn't it. You seem like your rushing to get to the next shot. Unless you're trying to be the next Lou Butera or Luc Slavas, I would suggest you slow down. Take a moment and get a proper set-up and alignment before shooting the shot.

You get down on the ball good, and have a nice stance, though a bit hurried (as I said before). Good straight stroke too. I'd like to see how you handle a difficult shot and a tough situation. How you handle a little bit of pressure. This was pretty much an A,B,C run out. I just watched the L Drill too. It just looks like you're in a hurry. What's the rush? I think you have the potential to be a pretty good player.

P.S. I like your pad.

Hi Jay,
the problem with my pace seems like the main impression everyone gets here (aside my dress code...:grin:). Thinking about that I realize that I sometimes play like that even in match situation. During this year team national finals I played a guy and we were behind time schedule (because of the late start) so we recieved shot-clock and we were told that we had 30 secs for shot. Well I broke the rack and ran out. And my opponent made this remark: "We were told we had 30 seconds per shot, not 3!" We both had a laugh about that as I realized that I ran that rack in less than a minute. The fact is it was road-map pattern, nothing to think about, just shoot-shoot. Well, maybe I try to outrun the pressure, not sure, I will try to think about it. On the other hand I just love to pot balls, I love practicing, so maybe its my passion to get more and more balls into the pockets. Maybe I try to fit as many balls into my practice time as possible...
Anyway I will try to shoot some difficult shots on the video for you so you can learn more about my game. And thx for the words about me having potential, I feel like I am the least talented guy on the planet when it comes to pool, always had to work much harder than the others to get the same results...:( So it means a lot when someone like you tells me this...thx
 
It all looks pretty good except for the fact that you're shooting with the wrong hand...........................That's a right handed pool table if I'm seeing the video correctly.:grin-square:
dave

Haha! Next time I will set up the table the opposite way... :eek::grin::grin::wink:
 
With the out fit you had on I though I was watching someone at Star billiards, in the Philippines. To your pool game, seems you have a super eye an hand coordination, stroke is super. I have to go along with some who state that you need too slow up. Take time to chalk before each shot. But you have a mighty game there. Just slow up. :smile:

Well, I plan to go to Philippines sometime next year for pool playing holiday so maybe this is a proper way for me to practice anyway!!! :eek: :grin::grin: And dont worry, I will try to slow down, way too many people here say the same thing... :D
 
Looking good, Marek! I mean your game, not your outfit :grin: I would add "viewer discretion is adviced" warning in the beginning of the clip. :rolleyes:

Heeey Mikko! Thx for compliments! :) And I will definitelly add that warning sign into those videos :grin::grin::grin:

Edit: Done! :D
 
Last edited:
Sorry, couldn't watch much of it. I can't stand it when guys have their pants half down, and you don't even have any on! I'm amazed that anyone would post a video of themselves playing in their underwear.:eek:

Different strokes for different folks :grin-square:

I didn't even notice cause I was watching his stroke and noticing that stupid stair case. But I ain't going back to check it out either.:)
 
Hi!
I finally setup a camera at home so I can record my training. I would be interested in opinions about my fundamentals, if you can see any glaring mistakes, feel free to comment! :)
Thx!

P.s.: You can hear my parrot screaming trying to get my attention during the 8ball video... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjfTtkJ7tcE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFNOK_vLkto

You have a nice and short but precise stroke. I laughed when you told your parrot to shush and it squawked back at you even louder :grin:
 
You are probably as good a player as me but you tend to one stroke the ball.

In the second rack of the first video there were two balls tied up on the rail. They ended up being the last two balls on the table. In the future you might want to focus on breaking out those balls earlier in the rack.
 
nah man no worries!.....i felt like i was watching myself run balls...i am also a lefty and I play fast like you. What folks don't get is if we slow down EVERYTHING breaks down. To each his own, don't forget us lefties are the only ones playing in our right minds dude! :)

BTW...appologize to the poor person on the sofa for sticking your butt in their face during the first rack!!LOL


good stuff man!

G.
 
I would suggest you wear shoes the same as what you would wear when competing. If not the same, then at least similar so far as the lift they give.

Height of your shoes/boots can make a difference in your play. Try barefoot, street shoes, and some cowboy boots with higher heels if you want to test that theory.
 
It is kind of nice to be able to just pick up a cue at 1 in the morning with nothing but your boxers on and bang a couple around...I've done it more than once.

Not sure I would have the guts to post it on line though.

Kickin already posted what I was thinking......It is fine to post a video of you running out...but also post a couple where you don't get out.....so you can compare what is going on.

unless of course you always run out....then we all need to copy your style.

BTW....there is a local in phoenix that 1 strokes every shot and plays at a even quicker pace then you were in those vidoes....even when he plays 1-pocket.......Mitch Elerman......He seems to play pretty sporty.
 
marek

One thing that I would suggest is a avatar pic....may be something where you are wearing pants J/K :grin:. Seriously your making balls and playing good shape. If this is the norm for you then I would not slow down much, I play fast when I am on my A game and love it. When I am not on my A game I sit fast :wink:.
 
Well, I plan to go to Philippines sometime next year for pool playing holiday so maybe this is a proper way for me to practice anyway!!! :eek: :grin::grin: And dont worry, I will try to slow down, way too many people here say the same thing... :D

Pool playing in the Philippines is no "holiday". :smile:

Bring shoes and cash so when you lose your shoes to the barefoot guy in the corner you can then can bring your barefoot "A" game and try a comeback. In the Philippines Europe and Ralph will seem like a holiday.
 
more practice

Hi!
I finally setup a camera at home so I can record my training. I would be interested in opinions about my fundamentals, if you can see any glaring mistakes, feel free to comment! :)
Thx!

P.s.: You can hear my parrot screaming trying to get my attention during the 8ball video... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjfTtkJ7tcE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFNOK_vLkto

need just a little more practice. show off show off show off !!!!
for real that looked good . take care, john qbs
 
Back
Top