mike mccuene

JasonCrugar

analysis paralysis
Silver Member
if that is even his name. he looks like he has a trash sack full of pudding around his waist. he pulled some of the weakest shit i have ever seen in the past 3 days. first off he tries to hustle and does it so poorly it is more like a blatant slap to my face. he lied about a rating so he could get in a tourny with a huge handicap. first he gets second in the scotch tourny good for a couple hundo. next night he gets huge weight and kills tourny easily in singles for about 500 or so dollars. next is a 6 and under which for those of you who dont know our ratings a 6 is like a weak c player. he blasted his way in bartable 9 ball tourny by the score of 24-3!!!! my friend bought him in the calcutta after watching him hit balls for 2 minutes and knew he was stealing. well then he asks me did you tell him to buy me??? and seemed upset and even made a phone call telling someone that someone bought him in calcutta. well his friend makes it to finals to play him and all of the sudden he goes from killer to not being able to run 3 balls with ball in hand and all balls are by pockets. because his friend had all of himself and they made more money by him dumping. he didnt even dump well is the sad part. this fat p.o.s deserves no action from anyone and i wouldnt let him play in your tourny as he has shown he isnt against cheating and doing shady things. his partners name is harry bliss and they are from wisconsin. harry has lived here awhile and i just met his loser counterpart on friday. how would you guys feel if you had a 9 rated player playing in 8 and under as a 5??? how about a 9 in a 6 and under??? then to have him dump horribly. it wasnt even believable. my girl who has maybe played 5 times in her life totally knew what he was up to without me telling her??? please feel free to post what you guys think. i will have a picture of this piece of work if you want to see.

JasonCrugar

analysis paralysis
Silver Member
the guy who got screwed in the calcutta is gonna post in this thread as well. it's people like this who ruin things for the rest of us decent human beings. i may be alot of things, but at least i can look people in the eyes and be proud of who i am today.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Hey Jason,

Did this guy originally come from Pennsylvania? Sounds like someone I used to play years ago around here. We called him "Little Mikey". He was about five foot tall. Somewhat heavy even when I knew him. If it is, he was much better than an APA or TAP seven.

Lyn

StrokeofLuck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love the "trash sack full of pudding", that's got to make you feel better right there:thumbup:

This kind of crap happens all of the time and the kind of guy you're describing would do the same thing to win $50 because the money is more important to him than ethics and values.

JasonCrugar

analysis paralysis
Silver Member
Hey Jason,

Did this guy originally come from Pennsylvania? Sounds like someone I used to play years ago around here. We called him "Little Mikey". He was about five foot tall. Somewhat heavy even when I knew him. If it is, he was much better than an APA or TAP seven.

Lyn

i think he is from wisconsin. this guy is about 6 feet and weighs in the 400 pound club

JasonCrugar

analysis paralysis
Silver Member
I love the "trash sack full of pudding", that's got to make you feel better right there:thumbup:

This kind of crap happens all of the time and the kind of guy you're describing would do the same thing to win $50 because the money is more important to him than ethics and values.

what made me feel better was watching the guy he screwed in the calcutta go off on him and call him out on everything and then the owner barring him from playing again.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey dude, I am going to be in Tucson in a couple of weeks, is there anything to do there?

Bad Company

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if that is even his name. he looks like he has a trash sack full of pudding around his waist. he pulled some of the weakest shit i have ever seen in the past 3 days. first off he tries to hustle and does it so poorly it is more like a blatant slap to my face. he lied about a rating so he could get in a tourny with a huge handicap. first he gets second in the scotch tourny good for a couple hundo. next night he gets huge weight and kills tourny easily in singles for about 500 or so dollars. next is a 6 and under which for those of you who dont know our ratings a 6 is like a weak c player. he blasted his way in bartable 9 ball tourny by the score of 24-3!!!! my friend bought him in the calcutta after watching him hit balls for 2 minutes and knew he was stealing. well then he asks me did you tell him to buy me??? and seemed upset and even made a phone call telling someone that someone bought him in calcutta. well his friend makes it to finals to play him and all of the sudden he goes from killer to not being able to run 3 balls with ball in hand and all balls are by pockets. because his friend had all of himself and they made more money by him dumping. he didnt even dump well is the sad part. this fat p.o.s deserves no action from anyone and i wouldnt let him play in your tourny as he has shown he isnt against cheating and doing shady things. his partners name is harry bliss and they are from wisconsin. harry has lived here awhile and i just met his loser counterpart on friday. how would you guys feel if you had a 9 rated player playing in 8 and under as a 5??? how about a 9 in a 6 and under??? then to have him dump horribly. it wasnt even believable. my girl who has maybe played 5 times in her life totally knew what he was up to without me telling her??? please feel free to post what you guys think. i will have a picture of this piece of work if you want to see.

Hey Jason send me the picture..

frankncali

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Jason
Sorry to hear this.
Check out my post to you in gene's thread. You answer many of the questions here.

When did this guy get to AZ? Did he move there?

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The best thing to do is in Tucson is get in your car drive west on the I-10 untill you reach a city called Phoenix.

Not sure if I can do that, but I will try to get out there one night. I will be at Ft. Huachuka.

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is disgusting.............

So, it takes 3 tourney's at the same place and an outright and well known dump for our ratings leader to determine that someone is stealing. Must not have wanted to hear anyone's "RANT" about how this person was a locksmith!!! This disgusting crap is EXACTLY why you don't see more players at the tournaments.

For anyone on the ratings committee......FOLLOW THE MONEY!!!!!!!!!! That is how to rate!! Would be nice to have pix of players getting rated also, and which side they are shooting from. JMNSHO

It's right up there with the 6 who was JUST raised to a 7 who I ran into recently that played as well (if not WAY better.... blatant stalling) as me, and then let me know later that someone told him NOT to win any tournaments. Not that I have much firepower anymore..... but I do know what I know from over 30 years of watching.

Those who stand idly by and watch a wrong without doing anything are almost as wrong as the perpetrators IMO. I'm sorry it sounds harsh, but that's reality in my world.

td

Your killing me brother.. lol

The best thing to do is in Tucson is get in your car drive west on the I-10 untill you reach a city called Phoenix.

You kill me Jude. That had me laughing so much I just spit up my water all over my keyboard.

With regards to that fat guy (Mike). Well, I watched him play all night on Saturday and he plays good. I thought he was at least an 8 and I told Jason this like 5 times but what can you do when some guy gets beat by him and tells Jason that Mike is a weak 6. That was the joke of the night because I played a 6 in there on Monday night and he had trouble making 2 in a row on a bar box. Mike was stealing and everyone knew it. I did not play him but I watched all of his matches except the finals after I watched him lose the first set 4-0. He won the second set I guess and the pay out was like 240 ish and he probably got himself in the calcutta for 5 or 10 bucks because nobody knew who he was. If I had to play Mike I would have to give him 2 games on the wire to 5 and that is no joke on a bar box when that guy was not missing much and breaking like a monster. I paid 40.00 to possibly have to give 2 games to 5 to a player that was playing way better than I was but what can you do. He was no Scott Frost but it is not right. He lost maybe 3-5 games total all night until the finals. He must have made over 1k in the last 3 days just playing tourneys at Sweet Tooth's. His hustle is weak but it was good enough to rob those tourneys for 3 straight days and get paid. The real story of saturday was that crazy dude that beat mike the first set of the finals. That dude was a nut! I still think you did a good job Jason with those tourneys and until I move I plan to play in as many as possible.:thumbup:

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
I just posted up the story of the tournament. Along with some pictures of the 2 guys.

http://www.azpoolscene.com/BreakingNews254.aspx

I didn't know that they were buddies, and I was talking to Harry before the hotseat match. They were hanging with another guy that I played league with a few years ago, and I think he is an 8.

This guy definitely knew more than a 6 when it came to position and shape. I saw him aim to miss and throw the ball in, just so he could come around 2 rails for perfect shape. Rolling into zones instead of through them. Going the extra rail to pop out for shape, etc.

Being a 9 myself, I definitely wouldn't have given him any weight for the cash.

Also, doing the numbers, If he would have won the tournament he would have taken home about $240 and $0 for the calcutta as he didn't buy himself. Harry would have gotten $120ish and $120 for 2nd place calcutta, so $240 each. With Harry winning he got $240 + $260 = $500, and Mike got $120. (500+120)/2 = $310 each, so a $70 gain for each player. Which means Brian, the guy who had the calcutta lost out on $140 for his investment.

Also, doing the numbers, If he would have won the tournament he would have taken home about $240 and $0 for the calcutta as he didn't buy himself. Harry would have gotten $120ish and $120 for 2nd place calcutta, so $240 each. With Harry winning he got $240 + $260 = $500, and Mike got $120. (500+120)/2 = $310 each, so a $70 gain for each player. Which means Brian, the guy who had the calcutta lost out on $140 for his investment.

What about adding up friday's scotch tourney that he got 2nd in plus the saturday 8 and under that he got 1st in and on top of that add the 6 and under from sunday and I am 100% sure he won way more than 310.00 Jerry.:thumbup:

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
What about adding up friday's scotch tourney that he got 2nd in plus the saturday 8 and under that he got 1st in and on top of that add the 6 and under from sunday and I am 100% sure he won way more than 310.00 Jerry.:thumbup:

You are probably right, but Jason would have to chime in here. I think the 8 & under was atleast $500 for 1st place. Not sure on the scotch!

Unfortunately I couldn't be there for the Friday and Saturday, but I did witness him getting out with 5 balls, 7 balls, 7 balls, 8 balls to start the set against Veronica. When he was on the hill-0, he did miss the 8 ball only to go 2 rails and hook her behind the 9.

You are probably right, but Jason would have to chime in here. I think the 8 & under was atleast $500 for 1st place. Not sure on the scotch!

Unfortunately I couldn't be there for the Friday and Saturday, but I did witness him getting out with 5 balls, 7 balls, 7 balls, 8 balls to start the set against Veronica. When he was on the hill-0, he did miss the 8 ball only to go 2 rails and hook her behind the 9.

That guy could play Jerry! That miss and safe shit he was doing all night on saturday. His mechanics and patterns he played were way above a 5 or 6 or 7 for that matter. Saturdays pay out must have been real good for him if he had himself in the calcutta. 1st paid 240 plus calcutta and 40 of that was mine. i should change my name from justabanger to "the donator". lol:thumbup:

BBBrock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jason what's up it's Brock for california, I met you a few weeks back....anyways that sucks. Someone does that out here we take 'em out back and talk to 'em! Hahaha Oh well you should post their pictures for sure. That way everyone knows what to look out for. Anyways see ya next time I'm out your way. We'll play some for sure. You're not going to Vegas for APA are you??

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The internet is great-to bust loosers action

What kills me , looking at the Photo's and the Piece of shit is smiling. I don't remember the details Midwest for sure. I'd hve to ask a couple guys. Plain out robbery, Guys like that always get it in the end. mark